I stayed here with my husband on New Year's eve, after having spent a lot of time looking for somewhere close to the town centre, clean, and preferably not a "traditional" b&b. This place was perfect!
On arrival we were greeted by Andy, the owner, a really friendly guy who showed us to our room. As we were only staying one night, we expected to be told check-out was to be 10am or similar. We were thrilled when Andy said we could have the room the following day as long as we needed it - an absolute godsend on new years day and really appreciated!
The room (8) was on the top floor and it was huge. Massive bad, very clear, tasteful cadbury-themed decor. The bathroom was small but very clean and well-equipped with a huge power shower. Towels were big and cozy and the bed was very comfortable. There were little treats like cadburys chocolate bars to go with the hot chocolate - all real nice touches.
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic - I'm a veggie so was offered a full english veggie breakfast which was really nice. My husband enjoyed his meaty alternative. There was also unlimited juice, coffee, tea, toast, croissants and pain au chocolate, cereal etc, and it was a lovely, friendly atmosphere. Perfect when you have a small hangover...
This is a lovely boutique-style b&b, with all those little touches that make a difference and a 5 star service. If we visit scarborough again we'll definitely come back here. We've stayed at some of the best boutique hotels in the UK and it was up there with the best of them.
As the hotel is new (opened in Feb) here are a couple of suggestions for Andy:
- Full length mirror needed in room 8. Ideally situated next to a plug socket.
- A proper (non travel) hairdryer in the room (will make the ladies happy!)
Thanks for a fabulous stay. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished to a very high standard, facilities include mains fed power showers, Egyptian cotton towels, toilet and wash basin, large flatscreen TVs with freeview, free high speed wi-fi, alarm clock radios with built in ipod docks. Built as the holiday home for the Cadbury and Rowntree families in the late 1800's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your No. 17 West Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.