“Fabulous stay”
Review of No. 17 West Street

No. 17 West Street
Ranked #26 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We recently stayed at No 17 West while visiting family in Scarborough, we being myself and husband along with our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. From the moment we arrived Andrew and Mica made us all feel very welcome. The room was absolutely lovely, very spacious for the 4 of us. It was located in the top floor which was brilliant as I wasn't so worried about the children disturbing other guests!

Breakfast was lovely and they were very flexible with the time as well. I would highly recommend staying here, we certainly will be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katestripp

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We were not disappointed in our second stay here. The hotel itself and the hosts are excellent. The manager Andy and his staff can not do enough for you and we had a wonderful relaxing stay in a modern , comfortable B&B where the hosts could not be more friendly and helpful if they tried.

Room Tip: We have stayed in Rooms 1 and 4 and both were excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Had to travel to Scarborough with work and due to an early call time to meet the crew and the client I chose to train up the night before and stay. Came across 17 West St. and liked the pictures, liked the reviews and loved the price. On arrival I was shown to a lovely double room with a great bed and en-suite. The lovely lady who handed me the keys etc also gave me a few options for where to go for supper and a complimentary bar of chocolate (fuel for the short walk to the esplanade). Scarborough it's self was very quiet which I assume was to a very wet and windy Wednesday in April. I returned to the hotel and had an excellent sleep - truly a top bed! Breakfast was amazing by the way and I had an excellent conversation with Andy (the owner) about everything from the history of the hotel to cowboys in Bolton. My stay was for business but next time I will return for pleasure with my wife...and on a Friday for their famous tapas. Thank you both for a well rested evening and massive breakfast that took me right through till mid-afternoon.

Room Tip: Room two had one of the best beds I have ever slept in on my travels. Plus the breakfast should not...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Highly recommended , family room was very spacious, great decor , immaculately clean , breakfast was good and been a chef myself can be very picky , Andy was a great host , and little Charlie is adorable , we will definitely return in the near future , thanks , marcia, rob and Harvey

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at 17 West Street for two nights for a work trip. It is a beautiful B&B - solid, comfortable furniture and chic design, very clean and run by very friendly owners - you really feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The Full English breakfast was delicious and the price is very, very reasonable. Will definitely be booking again to stay for personal trips with my partner.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2013

If ever you are in Scarborough for business or pleasure make 17 West Street your first choice B&B. The owners give you the warmest of welcomes and the atmosphere is family home, boutique style. My room was huge, my bed extremely comfortable, ( I slept like a log and that wasn't just the bracing sea air), and everything was as clean as a pin. Breakfasts were made to order and the porridge was fantastic! 17 West Street redefines the seaside B&B. Don't miss out.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor in room 8 which was so large I was able to work out in it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I really cannot recommend this place highly enough - it's certainly the friendliest, most welcoming hotel I've ever been to. Delicious breakfast, comfortable bed, clean room, quiet, - the owner couldn't have done enough for us. Deserves to be supported if ever you are in Scarborough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business