“Great central location”
Review of The Chessington

The Chessington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
The Chessington
Ranked #156 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed at the Chessington for a family wedding and had a lovely stay. The weekend was great, the sun was shining for what seemed like the first time all summer so enhanced our visit no end. We had one of the back rooms, but others in our party were facing the Crescent gardens, which is beautiful so I would request one of these rooms if we ever return to Scarborough in the future. Kate & Ade were really fab hosts and the breakfasts were absolutely first class. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request one of the balcony rooms facing the Gardens on the Crescent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caromel090

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel. I arrived late in the day, and was met with a warm welcome, and given the keys to my room and the wifi key when I requested it. The room was clean, but the decor was very dated and the bathroom was basic and functional.

It stayed on a Friday night, and was told breakfast was between 8am-9am, which I feel is a bit early for a weekend. However I had a comfortable night's sleep and woke in time for breakfast.

Breakfast was of a reasonable standard, although I did find a piece of wire in my scrambled egg (obviously from the whisk). However no staff were around to mention this too. I waited a good few minutes, with no one around, so I went to my room and went to check out. Again there was no one around for check out. I rang the bell and no one came, so left my keys and went.

If I was stuck for somewhere to stay I would consider the Chessington again, however, there many other places in Scarborough to try....(see my other reviews)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank matpod
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just returned from The Chessington after a lovely weekend celebrating our Pearl Wedding Anniversary (30 years!) with 16 friends in sunny Scarborough. The weather was excellent as was the hospitality we received from the owners, Kate & Ade. They gave us all a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms are all well equipped and very comfortable. The hotel is in a lovely location and only a few minutes from both the beach and town centre. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. We hope to be back soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have just returned from a weekend at the Chessington. Last minute booking. We have stayed here many times before.We were very warmly welcomed. Breakfast cooked to perfection good choice of cereals.Bedroom very comfortable. 3mins walk from the town centre and only 5 mins from Stephen Joseph theatre.Definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda n
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Have just returned from a stay at the chessington in Scarborough. We went as a family of two adults and two children. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious, with a double bed on a mezzanine level (up 3 steps) and a single bed and a decent putme up bed as the second bed on the lower level. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Breakfast was excellant, varied selection of cereals, fruit and fruit juices, with full English breakfast cooked to order and plentiful tea and toast. The owners were welcoming and helpful, and provided information to make our stay enjoyable. There is a small bar area which is well kept with a variety of drinks available. All in all I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel if you are looking to holiday in Scarborough somewhere different to the large impersonal chain hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank BLC22
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Upon checking in I was greeted by the owner who is a lovely friendly lady I was put into room one which is a great room overlooking the park I had a great night's sleep followed by a superb breakfast,will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank bosephus
Reviewed 12 June 2012

A good central location with an easy 5 minute walk to the shops, station and the Stephen Joseph Theatre (great plays and well worth a visit if you can!) We had a lovely stay there. Some of the rooms can be a bit small but ours was great, overlooking the gardens in the middle of The Crescent. This is a good B&B. Very clean rooms and a good breakfast. Not great if you have problems with stairs. There are steps to the front door, the bedrooms are on the first and second floors, breakfast room is in the basement and there is no lift.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the Crescent Gardens. Rooms at the back overlook the back of other buil...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends