“The Boathouse Resturaunt”

Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“The Boathouse Resturaunt”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely shocking!! The service is absolutely terrible! All together on our table we ordered 3 burgers, 1 person paid by card and the other 2 paid by cash! I realised they had charged the 2 that paid with cash wrong so i went back and checked they had charged me for 2 burgers and charged me the right amount, I offered them more money as i knew it was wrong and wanted to pay correctly! At this point they told me it was all fine it all had gone through and i was charged right so i sat back down! When the food came we only had 2 burgers!! So again we checked what had gone wrong, they then told us that we had only ordered 2 burgers and refused to give us the 3rd burger that was paid for! We even provided a reciept to prove we had paid for it and they still refused! After a couple of minutes of argueing and being spoke to shockingly they told us we could have another burger IF we paid extra!! They took one £1.10 off me which still wasnt enough BUT THEN OFFERED US A FREE DRINK? They clearly dont have a clue! We sat back down and still waited a while for the birger the manager then came back over and said the burger isnt coming out until it was paid for!!! So we told him we had paid for it and it finally came!! The staff are useless and dont have no concentration what so ever they are all over! We have been here for 3 days and all 3 days we have had problems with this place but unfortunately it is the only place on the site so we have no choice!! We are in a big group and everyone that has used this place has had a problem!! The managerment needs sorting and the staff need sorting! They clearly havent had training!! Absolutely ridiculous! I wouldnt recommend anyone to come here its not worth your time!

1 Thank LisaCastle
Park R, General Manager at Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here at Park Resorts.
It was really disappointing to read your review with regards to your experience in the restaurant however, I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as without it we would not be able to evaluate, learn and improve. I will share your comments and discuss with the catering manager, as well as the complex manager. In the main the feedback on food and service has been very good but i apologise that we let you down and hope to address this quickly to avoid any similar feedback.

01723 583 111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Hull, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Firstly I would like to say I have never wrote a review on any we're or anything, but I feel I should on this one!! I am currently still at the park in my last day and yet again have disappointed children. I took my daughter to a ballet class yesterday that was on the entertainment leaflet due to start at 10.30 we went to the meeting place there was no one to be seen! Checked the board and it still said it should of been on?? Now I have just been sat with my boys from 11.15-12.00 waiting for football to start, and yet again no one to be seen... This weekend there is a majorette compotation on, which has been lovely to see and is not a problem at all but it would seem that all other guest have been forgotten about, I would not mind if the park had let us no that these things would not b running but they haven't there is no cancel sign or anything anywere?? This is my first time at the park and it has unfortunately put me off!! The entertainment on a night is fine although character is out for the matter of 5 mins and that's it for the night!! Conner is one of the show bar entertainers and is fantastic with the children!!

2 Thank Clairel66
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Food. Expensive and tastes horrible. Waited over an hour just for breakfast. Lots of people complaining, staff obviously didn't give a stuff!
Service. - staff are so miserable, they all need a lesson on customer service
Caravan - not enough room to swing a cat. We had a 6 berth and there were 4 adults and a toddler. No were near enough room.
Facilities - slot machines, slot machines and more slot machines!! Tiny pool and out door play area.
Location. 4 miles from Scarborough and 4 miles from Filey.
We booked through groupon and paid £50 for 3 nights. We left after the 2nd night. Would definitely not pay full price!!

1 Thank Rachel806
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent holiday at Cayton Bay.
It was disappointing to read your review but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback which helps us to learn. I can only apologise that your breakfast took an hour to be served and that the team were not more friendly and helpful, during busy period there will be a waiting time but this should be communicated at the time of order. The feedback this year has been very good in the main but I’m sorry we let you down during your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We come to our caravan nearly every weekend and holidays so we tend to visit other sites both big and small outfits. And while every year the other clubs have face lifts and new building works and cater for their owners, Cayton Bay seem to be more interested into making money without giving anything back. We have dancer's that come 3 or 4 times a year and football tournaments and teddyboy weekends and we can't even use our own club. And when you pay £4000 a year it stinks.
A free breakfast a few times a year is no good. Maybe the management should look at how the other sites run their businesses and take a tip.
An owners club would be a good place to start. Not a small pokey room that you can get a free coffee!
I would be greatful to see a responce to my rant!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ebony m
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It was disappointing that you have not communicated your feedback on park, but if you would like to email me jon.hodgson@park-resorts.com then I will be happy to respond to your feedback personally.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our party of 7 (4 adults and 3 children aged 8-13) enjoyed a sun holiday from 21st april at this park. Ive been wanting to visit Scarborough for some time and although this wasnt my first choice was happy with what we were given. We upgraded to silver plus caravan and so glad we did. Radiators in every room, we actually ended up throwing our blankets off in the middle of the night it was so warm!!. Lovely van fully equipped, full sized fridge! few niggles with the caravan, first no instruction booklets so guessing how to work stuff was a bit of a pain. We were also without hot water for the first few days, although it took us a couple of days to report (we were showering in the swimming area anyway and boiling kettle for washing up) it did take 2 attempts at reporting the issue for it to be sorted! We had also paid extra for bedding but realised when we got in at 11:30pm on the first night there was only bedding for the main beds and not the pull out bed (which as there were 7 people we needed to use) luckily I had a couple of throws in the car and it was so warm in the caravan anyway it was fine. Lastly the caravan was carpeted throughout but there was no hoover, and as there was no path to our caravan we were treading in grass. When we asked we were told we could request a cleaner to hoover if it got too bad but would be easier for us to get on and do it ourselves. However these are very small things and didnt ruin our stay at all! My kids loved the swimming pool, and it seemed clean and large enough to me. Yes its shallow but for me that made it safer for my 8 year old so was pleased. Only issue was opening times of the waterslide, only open certain days at certain times, possibly due to time of year (my children still off school but local children had gone back). The entertainment was ok, kelly (?) Has an amazing voice and funstars are great at what they do, but the same every night, would have liked a bit of variety but again possibly due to time of year!! Great base for travelling into Scarborough and filey. Restaurant good for a cheap breakfast (didnt have a dinner there so couldnt comment)but wouldnt bother with the takeout food, not that good for the price. Overall I loved my trip here. Yes there were a few niggles but for such a cheap holiday I expected a lot more, and although im trying to write an honest account, the issues I've described didnt ruin our trip at all. Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent holiday at Cayton Bay. It was pleasing to read that the caravan was lovely and warm and the kids loved the swimming pool. We take all comments on board and share the feedback with the various departments on park as a thank you when we get it right and as a training tool when we occasionally get it wrong.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Coventry
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night break at this resort. The staff are all fantastic, and I mean all. From the entertainment team to cleaners and grounds people. All said hello and had a smile on their face. I work as a senior manager for a hospitality company and know this is a very big achievement.

The caravan we had was a bronze and although I have stayed in one before I didn't expect much, but the one we had was clean, tidy, well maintained and had no funny wet pet smells.. The beds were very comfortable, in fact had no issues sleeping, which again is normally a problem in a bronze caravan.

The site itself is clean and well presented with plenty for the young ones to do and being well situated from both the moors, Scarborough and Filey with all 3 not to far away. I would personally recommend getting the 120 bus into Scarborough, as it you buy a day rover ticket it also gets you free travel on the open top bus along the sea front in town as well.

The only thing that let's the site down is the lack of wi if In the caravans. In this day and age being able to stay in touch is important and wi if is a basic need. Granted there is wi fi in the bar that is free, but just felt this a little inconvenient at times.

Would I stay again? Yes without doubt, but sorting the wi if would make it a perfect place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben S
Thank you for the great review. It was really pleasing to read how great and friendly all the team were, all saying hello with a smile on their face and to read that the caravan exceeded your expectations. With regards to the wi fi on park, we are hoping to have it across the whole park during 2014. They are currently installing the routers, however this will be chargeable and only free in the main complex.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The swimming pool was cold, and the changing cubicles on the pool side were filthy and mud on the floor. Not enough cubicles. The pool was really shallow and small. The toilets in the arcade which are for the bar aswell were unclean and smelly and made the arcade smell , soft play had no ventilation AGAIN making it smelly!! Caravan was a gold star and was the complete opposite to the facilities, really clean and everything you could need was there. Location is good, i would recommend as a base only and not for use of the on site facilities as they are poor.

2 Thank Bonniecylde
Park R, General Manager at Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your review. It was really pleasing to read that the caravan was clean and had everything you could need and that the location was ideal. It was however disheartening to read that you were disappointed with the complex facilities and swimming pool. I have passed on your feedback to the relevant teams. During busy times like Easter, it can be very difficult with the volume of people using the facilities to keep them spotless however, we do have a regular cleaning schedule in place to endeavour to keep them as clean as possible and should any particular issues be reported we can address these at the time. I’m sure if you were to visit us again you would experience our usual very high standards. We really do appreciate the feedback as it helps us continually improve our offering. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon

01723 583 111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
The Crown Spa Hotel
#20 of 28 in Scarborough
Crows Nest Caravan Park
Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
The Sands - Sea Front Apartments

Been to Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!