Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
US$151
US$125
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$238
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
US$105
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$132
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$146
1,823 results
All reviewsgold caravansoft play areasun holidayteam starsentertainment complexboat housekids entertainmentboathouse barentertainment staffcrazy golfcaravan siteshop on sitecentral heatingevening entertainmentfamily holidaygreat holidayswimming pool is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I visited at easter with my husband and two children aged 3 and 7. We all had a great time at cayton bay. My children loved the park, amusments and seeing sparkle at the show bar and going to the beach.We loved the location great for visiting filey and scarborough. Would definetly stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for the recent feedback. It was great to read that you loved the park and all the family had a great holiday. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Cayton bay is a lovely caravan park but could do better regarding cleanliness. We booked for a weekend break with two young children. Upon arriving we were promptly directed to our caravan by a friendly security man. The caravan was lovely however the sofas were extremely dirty and worn and the kitchen floor had not been cleaned. We were however by the looks of it in a privately owned caravan which had the advantage of parking. One of the toilets didn't flush either but as we were only staying two nights and had arrived late with small children we didn't want the hassle of moving if that had been an option.
Our visit to the entertainment area was good but we were disappointed that a lot of the day time activities were not on as there was dancing group competing in the main show bar for the whole of the weekend. I feel this should have been pointed out at the time of booking.
The soft play was a good size and in a nice place next to the bar so you could have a drink knowing older children were safe, but could also do with keeping clean the floor was dirty and in need of hoovering. There were also a lot of kids too big to be in there running amok mostly part of the dancing party, I imagine they took over the whole place.
The bar was a nice bright place and not too costly however the one meal we had was not very good my food was cold and my husbands chicken burger rock hard. The kids meal was fine and our meals were refunded by the friendly but over worked bar staff. The toilets were really unclean but it looked like there had been some really messy people in there making a mess. I did see one of the bar staff go in and try to tidy up.
Overall had a good time the beach was lovely and a nice walk away, the entertainment block would have been great had it been a bit cleaner in places and not taken Over by baton twirlers. We would return if the price was right but wouldn't choose over haven unless the cleanliness was sorted. Last but not least the staff were extremely pleasant during times which I imagine we're extremely stressful. More help needed for cleaning etc so staff can do there jobs bAr in pub really busy at times. Help your staff management.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise marie K

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your holiday at Cayton Bay. It would be helpful if you could email me jon.hodgson@park-resorts.com with a booking reference number and a pitch number so that I can look into the comments regarding the sofas and the toilet. We take all the feedback seriously and the comments made are shared with all the department heads on park to help them continually improve the park, facilities and activities. It was pleasing to read that the staff were extremely pleasant. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just come back from a brilliant stay at cayton.
We arrived late to the park and we greeted by the security staff at the complex, they were very helpful and friendly.
Our lodge was beautiful, we were blown away with the quality and cleanliness.
We all had a great weekend, a big thank you to all the staff.
Will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for the “amazing” feedback. It is always pleasing to read reviews like this as well as learning from the constructive feedback. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely shocking!! The service is absolutely terrible! All together on our table we ordered 3 burgers, 1 person paid by card and the other 2 paid by cash! I realised they had charged the 2 that paid with cash wrong so i went back and checked they had charged me for 2 burgers and charged me the right amount, I offered them more money as i knew it was wrong and wanted to pay correctly! At this point they told me it was all fine it all had gone through and i was charged right so i sat back down! When the food came we only had 2 burgers!! So again we checked what had gone wrong, they then told us that we had only ordered 2 burgers and refused to give us the 3rd burger that was paid for! We even provided a reciept to prove we had paid for it and they still refused! After a couple of minutes of argueing and being spoke to shockingly they told us we could have another burger IF we paid extra!! They took one £1.10 off me which still wasnt enough BUT THEN OFFERED US A FREE DRINK? They clearly dont have a clue! We sat back down and still waited a while for the birger the manager then came back over and said the burger isnt coming out until it was paid for!!! So we told him we had paid for it and it finally came!! The staff are useless and dont have no concentration what so ever they are all over! We have been here for 3 days and all 3 days we have had problems with this place but unfortunately it is the only place on the site so we have no choice!! We are in a big group and everyone that has used this place has had a problem!! The managerment needs sorting and the staff need sorting! They clearly havent had training!! Absolutely ridiculous! I wouldnt recommend anyone to come here its not worth your time!

1  Thank LisaCastle
Park R, General Manager at Cayton Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here at Park Resorts.
It was really disappointing to read your review with regards to your experience in the restaurant however, I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as without it we would not be able to evaluate, learn and improve. I will share your comments and discuss with the catering manager, as well as the complex manager. In the main the feedback on food and service has been very good but i apologise that we let you down and hope to address this quickly to avoid any similar feedback.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Firstly I would like to say I have never wrote a review on any we're or anything, but I feel I should on this one!! I am currently still at the park in my last day and yet again have disappointed children. I took my daughter to a ballet class yesterday that was on the entertainment leaflet due to start at 10.30 we went to the meeting place there was no one to be seen! Checked the board and it still said it should of been on?? Now I have just been sat with my boys from 11.15-12.00 waiting for football to start, and yet again no one to be seen... This weekend there is a majorette compotation on, which has been lovely to see and is not a problem at all but it would seem that all other guest have been forgotten about, I would not mind if the park had let us no that these things would not b running but they haven't there is no cancel sign or anything anywere?? This is my first time at the park and it has unfortunately put me off!! The entertainment on a night is fine although character is out for the matter of 5 mins and that's it for the night!! Conner is one of the show bar entertainers and is fantastic with the children!!

2  Thank Clairel66