“Great location, ok stay”
Review of Delmont Hotel

Delmont Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
hull
“Great location, ok stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We arrived here around lunchtime-ish so obviously our room wasn't ready yet. However, we could leave our luggage until it was so we could go for a wander. It would have been better if there was a luggage holding room instead of a cubby hole but at least there was somewhere to leave it. We found our room to be a good size and comfortable. The tv was a bit on the small side and we had to pay a £10 deposit for a remote at reception but this was returned when we gave the remote back when we checked out so no great hardship. The room had fantastic views, we couldn't fault the sea view. However I did think the room was arranged a bit strangely in that the toilet although within the room was seperate from the shower room. I thought the water pressure was low and the temperature was a bit hit and miss but we were on the top floor. The room was clean and we had everything we needed, all I will say is that I would have preferred glasses in the shower room instead of plasic cups. Every day the room was serviced but I don't think it was dusted, only the beds made, shower room cleaned (no new plastic cups) and hospitality tray replenished. We did find that the room was cold and mentioned it to reception twice although it did get sorted. I did find it odd that the heating was on a timer and not just on a thermostat like everywhere else I've stayed. The window was drafty which made the room even colder so we had to make a makeshift draft excluder so the room could warm up. Once it did it was quite cosy.
The food was nice, it got better as the week went on. I thought there was ample choice for dinner. I didn't like having to order my evening meal after breakfast though, I would have preferred to order it in the evening.
The lounge areas (there are three lounge rooms) are quiet, comfortable and really nice rooms to sit in.
The staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that at breakfast one morning one of the waitereses dripped hot coffee down my daughters back, she neither noticed nor apologised. I didn't make a fuss about it because she wasn't scolded by the coffee or anything, it was just a bit careless. Perhaps a bit more attention could be paid when carrying hot items.
All in all not a bad stay but not my favourite stay either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank grumpymum77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely appalling hotel. Disgusting cleanliness. Obnoxious, rude and arrogant Manager. Stomach flipping bin views. Old people home smell. Pubic hairs in the bath. Disgraceful health and hygiene standards. Room door left open after being "serviced" while we were out in Scarborough for the day. Not even worth the £35pn budget price. Hated it and it spoiled our holiday with our 1 year old.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Sarah B

Travellers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel, I would imagine would be great if you were over 70. We unfortunately weren't. The hotel is pretty grubby, our hotel room (although cheap) was pretty awful. Dated and nicotine stained is how I would describe. I would imagine that the rooms on the front would have a great view, we however were shoved in the back with a great view of the bins. Everything is centred around old folk, even the "entertainment" (I use the term loosely). We took a funny view of the place though and were still able to have fun.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank soxandmoo
Widnes, United Kingdom

We had a four night stay here March 31st-April 4
First impressions of the hotel were not good however we were pleasantly surprised we were given a lovely room( the view would have been lovely but for the smog NOT the hotels fault)
The food was very good and the entertainment was also good. We thought the hotel WAS very good value for the money and the staff were at all times friendly and helpful.
We made some good friends and had some great company thank you

Room Tip: Room 105 we found to be great with a good view weather permitting
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 584ElizabethB
Reviewed 18 April 2014

fantastic value,friendly staff,day trips to york or whitby for a fiver return.lovely room,fantastic breakfast,very clean.thank you to all the staff,at the delmont hotel scarbrough,for a lovely two day break.

1 Thank ggs4760
Northampton
Reviewed 18 April 2014

we stayed friday to monday at the delmont, and we as a group of 15 had the most wonderful stay, The hotel yes a little tired but was spotless beds the most comfortable beds i have stayed in, nothing was a problem for anyone.
Credit to all the staff they worked there socks off!! food was fantasic, for a reasonable weekend away which what we had my whole group had no complaints, even with a family christing on the sunday didnt interfere with any of our holidy makers, and even a surpise music quiz on the sunday night went down a treat with my group.

thanks for a wonderful stay

and to all those that maon go and atay in a five star unfriendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank turnip79
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just had a lovely overnight stay at the Delmont.
A lovely relaxing hotel, peaceful
Arrived early to make the most of Scarborough, warm welcome and very helpful, they gave us a permit early so we was able to leave the car there and walk into town to return later for check in.
Had a lovely room with sea view, very quite and had a fab nights sleep
Good food
Great service
Money well spent - THANK YOU

Room Tip: the room we had was on the side of the hotel and was extremely quiet, a really good night sleep.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple