“Best Indian food I've tasted for a long time”

Scarborough Tandoori
Ranked #23 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$32 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
uk
“Best Indian food I've tasted for a long time”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good service lovely tasteful food, clean in fact everything was great, will definately go again, absolutely loved the Lamb Balti and the Lamb Pasanda,

• Visited July 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If staying in the Royal Hotel or near by and you like your Indian food this is the place to go, excellent food from an extensive menu, very reasonably priced and very nice staff. we called in on a Saturday evening about 8pm, although extremely busy they found us a table and we had a great meal. We would advise booking or get there early, however they try and accommodate everyone. Even if you have to wait a while for your table, in their lounge, it is well worth the wait.

Visited July 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A good curry in Scarborough.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a short stay in Scarborough and decided to eat at this restaurant after trying and being disappointed with the food at another Indian restaurant in Scarborough. The restaurant was modern looking clean and appealing the staff very polite and courteous the food was excellent, well presented and tasty and very reasonably priced. Overall a very nice well presented restaurant with great food and an inviting atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
“Perfect”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I can honestly say that I have never tasted a better curry and I have tried many in my time. The staff were very polite and didnt rush you just brought the drinks and poppadoms while we made a decision. I chose one of their signature dishes the slow cooked lamb with garlic and spinach (can't remember the official title) and it was absolutely divine. My partner who had previously raved about authentic curries when he had previously visited there said that it was really good and reminded him of his visit. To top it all off the bill was very reasonable at under £45 for a bottle of wine (not house) poppadoms, 2 dishes, 2 rice and 2 nann. All in all very impressed.

• Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice staff, shame about the food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and my partner were visitng Scarborough from Manchester. We fancied a curry and so we came to this restaurant. My partner who is Bengali noticed that it was a Bengali restauraunt so he was familiar with the menu. He ordered Garlic chilli chicken and I ordered Keema Kerahi. The order came back wrong and we had to wait for another dish to be cooked so the rice and naan went cold.
The keema was tasteless. It wasn't spicy at all and my partner said the same about his dish.

The staff were wonderful but I have to comment on the food. I wouldn't go there again. I get better curries delivered to my door from take aways in Manchester.

• Visited June 2014