“We found a little gem”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a disappointing first night dining out at a local pub we discovered this restaurant at the lower end of Columbus Ravine whilst walking back to our hotel. Eight of us dined here on consecutive nights thereafter. Really friendly welcome. Lovely service, lighting and ambience. We all had a variety of starters, mains and desserts and all were really excellent. The owner/chef could be seen at work in the open kitchen and he had worked in many top hotels in London before starting his own restaurant. He and his partner who manages front of house deserve to do really well. We all wish them a successful season. What a find !!!

1  Thank tedtrillo

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was here for a business dinner in a group of almost 30 people. Due to the large size of the group we were asked to pre-order. I chose feta cheese tart for entree, rib eye steak for main and cheese platter for dessert.

Food Quality: brilliant. my rib-eye steak was perfectly cooked medium rare and the portion was huge. It came with perfectly cooked chunky fries and a salad. It's the best steak I have had in ages. To be honest the entree was not to my liking, the fritter was cold and lacked flavour but then again I am not really used to eating a dish like this, so maybe it was lack of culture on my part! The cheese platter I had for dessert however was amazing. 5 beautiful slices of different cheeses, all served perfectly at room temp on a little chopping board with grapes, chutney and crackers - it was stunning. Some of my work colleagues had the sticky toffee pudding for dessert and I have never heard so much talk about a pudding (they were still going on about it the next day - almost made me wish I had it.....but I loved my cheese)

Service: Perfect, not pushy but very attentive and amazingly they somehow managed to serve all of our big group together. I was most impressed.

Location: It's a little off the beaten track (not on the waterfront) but well worth the effort to go there. It's small and sexy. I have to say I felt sorry for the couples that were there trying to dine with our big group taking over so if you are booking to go there perhaps just check if there are any big group bookings. I have to say I think we would have disturbed theor experience - hopefully the amazing food made up for it!

Cost: I actually have no idea what the price of the food was as my work organised this. But whatever it cost, I reckon it was worth it for a steak like that! Only compliments from me.....but next time I will be ordering the popcorn chicken for entree (as the colleague that sat next to me ate that and it looked way better than mine)!

2  Thank Liv M
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I called her on our way home to Sheffield after a disappointing weekend in Scarborough. Thankfully Jeremy's made our weekend worth the trip.
We went on a Sunday so it was the Sunday lunch menu.
For starters I had Jeremy's popcorn chicken which was fantastic & my partner had the ham hock terrine which was also wonderful.
We both then ordered belly pork, we couldn't believe our eyes when it arrived, it was the biggest piece of belly pork I'd ever had & it was beautiful. Gorgeous moist pork & fantastic crackling ontop. Huge Yorkshire puds & great vegetable purees.
Unfortunately we couldn't find room for desert.
We will definitely be returning!
Well done Jeremy's

1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went with a group of friends to this lovely little restaurant and enjoyed a first rate meal served in by friendly and efficient staff. It was so enjoyable we returned the following evening.

2  Thank ForestGreen2013
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We visited Scarborough 4 years ago at Easter and that time we eat twice at Jeremy’s. So back for Easter this year we booked Sunday lunch and again we was not disappointed.
Jeremy’s is a great small but friendly restaurant cooking excellent food. The hospitality from Anne makes you feel welcome whilst the open kitchen at the back is quiet but busy as Jeremy and his team carefully prepare the meals.
The Sunday lunch menu is not over complicated but does have good selection of starters, 4 mains of which 3 are roasts and then if you still have room, there are 6 mouth-watering deserts to choses from.
We selected 3 different starters, crab, asparagus and quail egg salad plus Jeremy’s popcorn chicken. All delicious and served within a good time.
Mains was 3 roasts, 2 pork with crisp crackling and one roast beef. Make sure you are hungry because the Yorkshire puddings are a meal themselves.
Despite being full, we still went for 2 deserts; sticky toffee pudding and rhubarb trifle – a first for this and extremely glad we did.
If you are looking for good well-presented food in a small quiet restaurant but don’t want to pay through the nose, then Jeremy’s your place in Scarborough. Pleasure to see a family run business taking pride in their work and their customers.