“Absolutely Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jeremy's

Jeremy's
Ranked #18 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We go to Scarborough often and usually eat at Cogonis or Cafe Fish, but have always wanted to try Jeremy's. The only thing that stopped us were some of the reviews on this site - though I wish to goodness we'd just ignored them. Do yourself a favour and ignore them too. The service while not the warmest of all time is fast, efficient, friendly and polite. What more do people want? I can only imagine some of the reviewers on here are used to having their bums thoroughly kissed simply for deigning to walk through the door, but as we only care about good food served promptly with a smile we were completely satisfied.

More than satisfied in fact because of the one and only most important thing about this restaurant: the food. I have eaten all over the UK and US. I've had meals at some of the best restaurants out there. Never had anything as good as this. We were speechless when we left. What on earth is this place doing in Scarborough? For years I though monkfish was a gross travesty of a fish thanks to a much vaunted chef at a top Leeds restaurant. The chef here showed me the light. It was beyond words! So much so that we went back a few nights later just to check our taste buds weren't deceiving us or that this poor service was hiding somewhere amongst the excellence.

Nope. If anything it was better the second time. We all had different things and they were all just as brilliant. The cheesecake - like velvet somehow turned into food. The bisque so sweet and light you could probably fill a balloon with it and have it float. Translucent slivers of tomato deep fried fizzed with flavour. The black pudding bread melted in the mouth and the salmon scotch egg - an item my husband got the first time but I refused because I assumed it would be stodgy much to my eternal shame - was soft and crisp and oh my god. Even the humble rosti caused an earthquake in my mouth.

I haven't even spoken about the desserts. But just trust me and get the seaside surprise and the chocolate plate to share. You will want to taste every one of those tiny delights.

Please, do not make the mistake of thinking this restaurant is unworthy of your time because it currently sits at number nineteen out of however many of Scarborough's restaurants. Not only is it worthy while holidaying here in Scarborough, we plan to make a special trip just for this food to celebrate my husband's birthday in November. It's that good.

6 Thank Craig B

Kendal, United Kingdom
“A great evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to give Jeremy's a try based on reviews here. They were able to accommodate us the same evening at 20 minutes notice, despite being heavily booked. The food was first class and service was friendly and attentive without being claustrophobic. I would eat here again, and would recommend it highly.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank John S
Brighton
“Seaside Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've eaten out in Scarborough many times and Jeremy's will be our destination next time we visit.
Scarborough is not blessed with many really good restaurants nowadays, but Jeremy's fills a much-needed gap in the market. We were greeted (gret?) by very friendly staff, who had a definite grasp of what was on the menu and how it was cooked. The room looks like it was once a butcher's shop and is clean and contemporary. Tables are a little close, but the buzz of happy diners drowns out any intrusive chat. We started with Whitby Crab on Brioche (good white meat) and Popcorn Chicken, which was a spicy fusion of chilli and ginger salad with breadcrumbed chicken bites. It was very good. We followed with Monkfish – chunky and white, with a leek and curry rosti, which was the size of my hand. Lovely flavours though. I had Duck breast with Confit leg and caramelised fig jus which was excellent. The star of the show, however, was the 'Seaside Special' dessert which we shared. It's one of the prettiest dishes we've ever had and won't spoil the surprise by describing it. It tasted as good as it looked. Considering the kitchen seems to be staffed by Jeremy and a Sous Chef, the food came in good time and everything was perfectly cooked. We'll definitely be returning – just a shame it's over 300 miles away...

3 Thank ChesterLeStreet
Hereford
“Excellent starters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here for Sunday lunch, never the best meal on which to judge the quality of a restaurant. Our starters were superb: foie gras and chicken liver parfait for him, a really good Roquefort stuffed fig salad with avocado cream for me. We both agreed the flavours and textures were fabulous and gave a really good indication that this would be a truly brilliant place for an evening meal. However, this was Sunday lunchtime and although the main course was good, it didn't really blow me away. Choices were beef, chicken, pork belly or fish. All meats came with Yorkshire pudding, seasonal veg and duck-fat roast potatoes. All very good, although puréed veg reduced the textural experience of the meal a little. Good wine list with some interesting groupings and a set price for two or three courses. Would love to be able to return for an evening meal which is when this restaurant would really shine.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Melanie W
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Very Good. Tables a bit close”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a very busy Saturday night the service was very good as was the food. Wine is reasonable with a good selection. It was a good job we had booked as they were turning people away for the second part of the evening. Jeremy's is in a quieter part of Scarborough which is a bonus. Will go again. The tables were a bit too close together but that was the only minus point.

2 Thank Kenneth W