“Still a high standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tikka Tikka

Tikka Tikka
Ranked #29 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
“Still a high standard”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've been here before and am happy to report that the food is still a high standard and the service is still good. I ordered a tiger prawn tandoori starter but it was overcooked. I mentioned it to the waiter and he offered a free alternative starter which was OK. The main course was also nice especially considering I requested a dish which wasn't on the menu. The toilets are also clean and in good condition (which is always a bonus). I was also offered a complimentary cognac at the end of the meal. All in all. a good experience.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Mikeo111

Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Very Best”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have been eating indian food for over 40 years and this is some of the best. My husband & I are pensioners and do not eat large meals so we just had a main course. My husbands curry was a large portion and very tasty with alloo potatoes , I had the Tandori Mix grill which was cooked to perfection. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff are helpful and friendly without being overpowering. When we go to Scarborough again we will dine there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AnnKH
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Poor service spoiled our visit”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We decided to have a change from our usual Indian restaurant and given the good reviews thought we would try Tikka Tikka. We booked a table for 3 at 6pm on Saturday evening and on arrival was greeted by an East European lady who showed us to our table. We ordered drinks and then browsed through the menu.
After 25 minutes no one had asked to take our order so I caught the attention of the same East European lady and asked if we could order. In very poor English she said Sorry, I can not take your order and walked away.
After waiting another five minutes I caught the attention of an Asian gentleman and asked if we could order, only to receive the same reply. What was annoying was that not one of them had gone to fetch anyone else to take our order.
Once again I caught the attention of another East European lady and asked to place our order. Again the reply was that she could not take our order. Three people walking around the restaurant and not one of them could take orders.
By now we had had been waiting for over 30 minutes and decided to leave and visit our usual restaurant the Scarborough Tandoori. Once they saw that we were leaving one of the staff was stirred into motion and went to fetch someone from the back of the restaurant, presumably to take our orders, but by the time they had arrived we had put on our coats and had walked through the restaurant and was leaving through the front door. Needless to say we did not finish our drinks, nor did we pay for them.
After reading the reviews again I wonder just what was going on the evening we were there. Having three members of staff that could not take orders was not good enough and unfortunately we will not be returning.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank j0hnmg
Derby, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

been here a couple of times and had a great meal,the staff are very attentive and you always get a complimentary drink after your meal,my husband got a warm brandy and i got a baileys,its 1st time my husband had ostrich and said it was lovely,cant fault them x

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Joanne T
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Restaurant!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Visited TikkaTikka last night with my girlfriend and left a very happy customer. We were greeted on entry, then seated at a table and offered for our coats to be hung up out of the way.

They then asked if we would like anything to drink and if we would like popadoms & a pickle tray. They gave us 5 minutes or so to look through the menu. We went for the 'Set Meal for 2' we got two mixed starters which consisted of sheesh kebab, chicken tikka pieces & an onion bhaji. For mains we had a chicken korma & a chicken tikka masala which were both very nice, this came with a different choice of rice, we opted for boiled rice. There was also a choice of naan bread.

The service throughout was brilliant and was a very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely go back to this restaurant on my next visit to Scarborough.

2 Thank JosephBennett