“Superb Hotel”
Review of The Mount Hotel

The Mount Hotel
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend for the Oliver's mount bike racing.
The staff were friendly, room was superb with fantastic views of the bay, breakfast was good, the waiter was very efficient, we nick named him Rossi!!
Stacey was lovely and made you feel very welcome
Overall an excellent stay and will visit again, thank you

Room Tip: Recommend an upgrade to a sea view room, well worth it
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonandGill

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Fabulous hotel with beautiful views, spotlessly clean and the most amazing breakfast! Waiter service with white table cloths and silver cutlery. Room was very clean and comfortable with lovely big en suite. The location of this beautiful hotel is superb! We will be back

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a wonderfully traditional English hotel. The full breakfast is served on white tableclothes with a full gleaming silverware service. The rooms are cosy, immaculately clean, and, for those lucky enough to have a sea view, breathtaking. The staff is friendly yet professional. The hotel bar attracts some nice locals and encourages one to linger in the very nicely decorated lobby in the evening.
This hotel is a gem and cannot be recommended highly enough.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We chose this hotel based upon the favourable reviews and I'm very pleased that we did. The staff could not have made our party (2 adults, two children and a small dog) more welcome. The breakfast was excellent - friendly service and an excellent selection. We're already ready planning a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SJS129
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I booked a stay here for my mum and me for two nights in June this year. I chose the Mount after reading about it on TA - we took our pet dog Sally with us - after reading the reviews it sounded like they were dog friendly.

We were delighted with our stay, Helen and all her staff were friendly and very helpful. Many of the other guests that we met told us that they had stayed at the Mount many times before and I can understand why.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had good views over Scarborough. We had planned to eat out - but other guests told us that the Mount specialises in fish and we should try the evening meal. It was excellent so we ate at the Hotel both nights.

If you have read the other reviews you will know that The Mount has limited parking directly in front of the hotel. I parked on the Crescent while we were there. I didn't have any trouble finding a place there and there is a short cut through a small park back to the Mount so it is not that far away at all.

Finally, I should say a word for anyone travelling with their dog - the staff at the Mount were very friendly to Sally and she really enjoyed her stay. It was the first time we have been on holiday with our pet - and we all enjoyed it very much.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

i booked this hotel for my son and 2 young children,i was quoted a price of £90 per night for a family room,as it was booked at short notice over the telephone i did not get any written confirmation,when my son arrived at the hotel he was told the price was £98 per night,not wanting to spoil things for the children he paid the bill.he had no problem with the facilities ,food or the staff and all enjoyed their stay.i contacted the hotel the following week voicing my dissapointment at a family run hotel with an excellent reputation resorting to this kind of practice,i got the usual,receptionist not in today,we will phone u back (never happened) and when i phoned later in week no one knew anything about the matter,in the end i sent e mail to manager only to get reply that the price quoted over the phone was definatley £98 per night.if i had been quoted £98 i would have gone elswhere,so if you book there make sure you get it in writing or expect a 10% increase when you arrive.p.s the sofa bed for the youngest child kept tipping up.

Room Tip: rooms at rear have no view at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank brian m
Craig B, Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for your review, firstly may I appologise for any confusion in the rate quoted and charged; prices start from £90.00 per room (when on special offer or selling as a late availibility) based on two sharing, with extra charges for additional children depending on age, we would never increase price on arrival from what was quoted. I have looked through my e mails and can find no record of your conntact.

I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed their stay with us especially the food, service and friendliness of the staff.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This was my second stay at The Mount. The bedrooms are individually furnished, high quality, old fashioned chintz decor and furniture and comfortable beds with good quality bed linen, and the sea view rooms have spectacular views. En suite shower rooms or bathrooms are clean and spacious.
Breakfast is waitress served and there is a large selection and everything is of good quality. I didn't take dinner, but friends told me it was excellent.
I wouldn't go past this hotel.

Room Tip: Wonderful sea views from rooms at the front. Only problem is noisy seagulls, but this is a fault wit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends