“Worst food I've ever had”

The Princess Cafe & Harbour Restaurant
Ranked #152 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Trying to look for sumwere to eat came across the princess cafe went in ordered and food came quite quick and I got steak pie chips peas only thing decent to eat we're the peas the steak pie was really burnt on the bottom and the chips looked and tasted like they have been there for weeks never again

2  Thank Rachaelt1984

Reviewed 9 August 2014

visited for breakfast and thought it looked nice from the front and inside was clean and tidy. the only downside was the waitress i really don't think she wanted to be there and we were being a nuisance by actually coming into the cafe as she had to do something. we tried smiling and saying hello to her but it fell on deaf ears. we practically got our pot of tea thrown at us and when we asked for ketchup we just got grunted at. on a plus side the breakfast was nice and the Yorkshire tea lovely but wouldnt go back in there. the toilets are also a hike as they are up a couple of flights of stairs not good when visiting with young children.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are ignorant. I have never felt so unwelcome in all my life. I wouldn't go back there ever again. Absolutely terrible experience

1  Thank AntonyDawson2505
Reviewed 25 July 2014

dined here with my mate on a Monday lunchtime....nice place....very welcoming....ordered 2
haddock..chips peas..2 slices of bread..1 pot of tea..i coffee....service very quick in fact
possibly too quick as chips were may be warmed up only 4 other diners in . fish was very nice.
price wise very expensive in my opinion...in fact I don't think I've paid more! but maybe that's
pot luck when you don't know a town or it's resturants!

1  Thank barry h
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having been handed a leaflet extolling the virtues of this establishment, and hauling a few hungry tummies along the seafront for far too long, we visited this cafe on Sunday 20th July 2014 with our two grandchildren and great grandmother in tow.
The staff were very obliging and although obviously busy, still found time to bring a child's high chair to our table.
The two child's meals of fish fingers and fish cake with chips were demolished in no time! That speaks volumes as they're both very fussy eaters at the best of times!
Us adults took a while longer eating our meals and enjoyed every last morsel. The fish pie was especially delicious and packed with tasty white fish pieces. The batter on the fish and chips was light and crispy and not a hint of greasiness that you sometimes find in seafront establishments, a definite plus point there!
In my opinion well worth a visit if you'd rather sit down in relative safety inside instead of teasing the seagulls with your meal outside!
One to remember for the next time we visit Scarborough.