“Lovely meal”

CoGoni's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #27 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are now closed for the next couple of months for refurbishment.
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

On our first trip to Scarborough we decided to try this restaurant to try something different to what we usual have. Lovely place. Staff very friendly and can't do enough for you always were willing to please. Food was excellent will definatly recommend and visit again next time in Scarborough

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We went to CoGonis restaurant on Friday the 9th May. On entering the restaurant it does seem a little dark but when your eyes adjust it is a very nice and comfy environment. We were offered drinks and I chose orange juice. It was brought with a straw in it which I found quite odd for a classy restaurant but some people might like that?

My husband ordered ravioli as a starter which looked lovely. I ordered steak for my main and it came cooked exactly how I had ordered it. The food was delicious so I would definitely go again.

The only negative comment I can say is on the tables they have a buzzer which says “press for service”. Because nobody explained to us about how to use this buzzer, we thought that you buzzed it when you were ready to order? So we buzzed it and a dark haired young lady came and asked why we had pressed the buzzer. We said that we were ready to order and she told us that the waiter would come to us “when he wasn’t so busy”. By her tone and what she said we felt like we were being told off for buzzing it for that reason!! The best thing to do (as we are not thick) is to explain to diners what to use the buzzer for. This is something I have never seen in a restaurant before. It is a nice touch but just to say buzz for service is quite vague.

Apart from being “told off” the food was good and the evening was very good and we would visit again when we come back to Scarborough.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

my wife & I called in without a reservation. we had a pleasant evening, nice food & the staff were very helpful. will definitely eat there again.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with my partner and son whilst on Easter break. It was wonderful, lovely relaxed atmosphere, excellent, excellent food!! Cannot praise enough. Will certainly return to this restaurant

1  Thank Coleygs25
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A nice place where spend your nights in Scarboro'. Genuine Italian food, nice location and especially friendly and kind staff: Alessio, Haley and Kay.