“Fantastic stay and we will return soon!!!”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a brilliant time. The room was amazing and the service was too. The manager in the restaurant was excellent, Dave Hartley. What a nice man. He went out of his way to make our evening extra special. Room 112 is very good, we even had breakfast on the balcony in brilliant sunshine this morning, a real treat!!!! We will certainly return and soon I hope.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

May I first of all say thank you for such great review, Dave is a very popular member of staff and always does his best to exceed our customers’ expectations.

Room 112 is a wonderful room with great views across the bay and along the coast, I can’t think of a nicer place to sit and have breakfast on a lovely summer morning.

I will pass on your comments regarding the service provided and food to the staff who I know will be delighted that you left happy.

Once again thanks you for the review and we do look forward to your return to Scarborough and the Crown Spa Hotel

There are newer reviews for The Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We spent 2 nights in room 300 a twin overlooking the sea for £132 a night inc cont breakfast. This is "the only 4star on the Yorkshire coast" and we liked it very much. The decor was immaculate, the staff friendly and smiling, free parking right in front of the hotel, a good breakfast and an excellent £30 dinner, and just 10 minute walk to Alan Ayckbourne's theatre

Room Tip: Front seaview excellent but early morn sun
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for such great review, and so pleased that you enjoyed the facilities that we provide. We do feel that both the hotel and the food are of a great standard and very reasonably priced.

I do hope that you managed to visit the Stephen Joseph Theatre to see one of Alan Ayckbournes plays. Our sea view rooms are great but as you say the sun hits them for at least eight hours every morning.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

Just returned from Crown Spa Hotel. Excellent service received throughout. Made use of the spa- lovely. Ate in restaurant for dinner and breakfast- great food and service.

• Stayed: June 2011
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you so much for your review and delighted that you enjoyed your stay .

Your positive comments regarding the Spa, food and service will be passed on to all staff concerned and printed in our staff newsletter along with being posted on the notice board.

Once again thanks you for the review and we do hope that when you return to Scarborough you will choose the Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed 11 June 2011

I stayed at the excellent crown spa hotel in Scarborough a couple of weeks back. I can quite honestly say I could not fault it.

I arrived mid afternoon, the lounge/reception area is spacious and modern. The young receptionist checked be very professionally, the porter assisted me with luggage to my room and wow-when I arrived in my 5th floor room, I was amazed. Amazing sea views, iPod doc, plasma telly, and then the bathroom-telly over the bath. The shower was great- v powerful.

I wasn't booked in for dinner, but was so blown away with this hotel, so had my evening meal off the lounge menu whilst I chilled out in the lounge.

I didn't use the spa or gym-simply didn't have time, but did have a quick swim, so walked past the gym area. The gym certainly seemed extensive and the pool facilities were nice.

Breakfast next morning was lovely. The staff were very attentive and professional. Nothing was to much trouble. I was greeted as soon as I arrived at the restaurant and the procedure explained.

Checkout was quick and easy and the receptionists equally as friendly as the lady that checked me in. The staff here obviously care very much about customer care.

One last thing I noticed as I was leaving, there are 4 green car parking spaces in the hotel car park, with electric charging points. It's great to see a hotel looking at what they can do to be green. Since leaving I have looked in more detail at the hotel on their website and realise they do absolutely loads of green initiatives and have solar panels on the roof.

I will certainly be returning. I work in Scarborough couple times of year, so will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for a great review and the positive comments regarding the hotel, staff and food, without a good mixture of reviews from our customer’s future customers would probably find it difficult to decide where to stay in Scarborough.

Your positive comments will be passed on to all concerned and printed in our staff newsletter.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Stayed for our pearl wedding Anniversary for four nights., cannot praise the hotel enough, the staff are all wonderful, our room (very spacious )overlooked the seafront , the facilities at the spa are first class( we used the everyday) The restaurant severed Excellent food ,
We will return soon
If you are going to Scarborough, this is the hotel to stay in.
Thank you Crown Spa for making our Anniversary even more special

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

May I first of all say congratulations on 30 years of marriage and say how pleased we are that you chose to spend it with us.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Stayed for one night: 04/06/2011.

Firstly, Trip Advisor states that this is a 3 star graded hotel, it's actually a 4 star hotel and well worthy of the 4 stars.

We arrived at 3pm, went straight to our room, the girl on reception was new and wore a badge stating 'trainee', she was excellent, polite, efficent & friendly.

At 3.30pm, we recived a call from reception asking if everything was alright with our room, indeed it was lovely, we asked for more towels & extra hot chocolate, which arrived promptly.

Throughout our stay, ALL the staff were smiley & efficent, which makes a pleasant change, service was 5 star.

We had a lovely sea view room, which was spacious, fitted out well & had everything you could possibly want.

There was no pressure to have dinner in the restaurant, often in 4 or 5 star hotels, they try to pressure you into having dinner in the restaurant, we had dinner in the bar area which was excellent, followed by many drinks.

Breakfast: We opted for the rate inclusive continental, which was good, we're not big breakfast people, plenty of cereals, toast, pastries, fruit, a really good mix.

Later in the morning we went down to the Spa, used one of the two sauna's, one of the two steam rooms, foot spa & others, complemenry towel service - I enjoyed the spa, really relaxing, the whole spa area was quite lovely.

I love the east yorkshire coast & have many visits every year, I will find it difficult to stay anywhere else other than th Crown Spa Hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for a great review and pointing out that the Crown is a four star hotel we have on a number of occasion attempted to get this amended by TripAdvisor unfortunately with no response.

It is lovely to hear that all the hard work and training has paid off and customers do comment on the high standard of service that we provide.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

We came here after getting married as a mini honeymoon in June 2011. The hotel from the outside is very impressive, and as soon as we went to reception the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We were given an amazing room overlooking the sea which was impeccable - great toiletries as well!
The restaurant is cozy without being pretentious and the food is to die for. Would certainly recommend the mussels and the steak with blue cheese sauce! We were given VIP treatment by John & Dave who looked after us during breakfast and dinner - they were absolutely fantasic and made a great break even better!
Would definitely go to the spa again, amazing rejuvination room and again, we were given top treatment by Amy & the girls.
We really can't say enough good things about this hotel, we were sad to leave but can't wait to go back - they made it a fantastic honeymoon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a sea view
1  Thank Bexey

May I first of all say congratulations on your marriage and hope that you have many years of happiness together. I am always delighted when we receive positive feedback from customers who have had a great time at the Crown and do believe future customers can gain a good feel of the hotel before booking through the medium of TripAdvisor,

I will pass on your comments regarding the food and service provided by the chefs along with your comments to both David & John who I know will be delighted that you left happy, oh and I won’t forget Amy in the Spa.