“Great stay”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Once again a great stay. Pre booked parking a great help in bad weather. Good service and pleasant atmosphere.

Room Tip: We go for a back room , a bit quieter than front rooms on Espalnade.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank swissonj
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thanks you for such a positive review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed 10 December 2011

We stopped here for 3 nights in september ,the staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good with excellent choice, the spa was good clean nice place to unwind, the only let down was the lack of hot water at peak times in the room, we reported no hot water to staff who quickly came to investigate and it was fine later in the evening , but over the course of our stay we noticed that it seemed to be a problem only at peak times, but overall a very pleasant stay and would book again,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chunky61

May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review. We do on the odd occasion at peak times have issues with the water temperature for a few minutes but has you have stated it is normally back again after a few minutes. I am delighted that you were able to put this behind you and that it did not detract from your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We have just come back from our stay at the Crown Spa Hotel. I booked this hotel for a birthday treat for my partner. I booked a romance package including wine on arrival, Fire and Ice treatment, and breakfast in bed. We arrived at 12.30pm to find we had been upgraded to an absolutely lush room with a sea view, balcony with fairy lights and even a telescope. The room was massive and very well presented. We were both really pleased with it. The breakfast in bed was really impressive. We submitted our order night before, and it was delivered on a massive tray to our room, exactly at the time we had requested.

Our Fire and Ice treatment was lovely. The spa staff were very professional and made the whole experience feel special. We were given big fluffy robes and slippers and taken into an exclusive area where there was only room for two other couples. The whole area was ambiently lit and relaxing music played throughout. There was a relaxation area with heated beds, candles, fruit and iced water; there was also a sauna, a steam room and an ice room (which was lots of fun). It was lovely in there, especially when we went back in the next day as we had the whole area to ourselves. We also had a fish pedicure which was very funny, rather than relaxing but I would defiantly recommend it. I spent a short time in the swimming pool area which was really nice, especially the jacuzzi, which was massive. Again the area was presented really well, kind of like a Roman baths and felt really nice to be in.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel, especially if you are a couple looking for a cosy hideaway for the night. Our room was so lovely, and with the breakfast in bed, you don’t need to leave your room until you check out. We even took a hamper of munchies and a couple of bottle of Buck Fizz to go with our breakfast (sorry if you’re not allowed ha ha ha). If you do want to go out, the hotel is only a short walk from the town centre so no need for a taxi after a night out, and the staff were really good with showing us where to go, even supplying us with a map.

Room Tip: Take a Munchie hamper and Buck Fizz to go with breki.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ickleangellady

Thanks you for a great review I am delighted that both the staff and facilities were to your requirements, nothing pleases us more than when a customer leaves the Crown both happy and relaxed

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team at our next management meeting and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had a fanstastic stay at the Crown Spa. All staff were friendly and courteous throughout. The room was huge, magnificantly furnished and a fantastic sea view. The spa was excellent and we were nicely relaxed for an amazing meal at night! Fully recommended and we are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thanks you for a great review I am delighted that both the staff and facilities were to your requirements, it is always great to hear that customers are leaving the Crown relaxed and looking forward to returning.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stayed in October on a 2 day spa break treat with my daughter-in-law. No sparkling wine, chocolate, bed turn-down or working phones in room 300. Spa break includes early check-in but, even though the break had been booked some fortnight earlier, we were not expected. No milk in room or on floor. As phones not working this meant that each time we had an issue we had to go to reception. Whilst reception staff were pleasant it still took 2 hours for the milk to arrive. Room too hot and unable to regulate temperature.
The spa staff forgot to implement the procedure on our mud experience. Not pleasant having to go to spa reception whilst covered in mud and wearing only scampy underwear. Why no phone or buzzer in mud room?
The ultimate let down was in that I wrote to David, the manager, a 4 page letter detailing my experience but, some 4 weeks later, no response. Hardly 4 star treatment.
If this is 4-star then I wouldn't wish to stay at a 3-star!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia J
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

I do hope that by now you have received a copy of the letter that I sent on the 3rd of November, as stated in the letter the main issues regarding your stay were caused by an administration error on reception.

I have looked on the Duty Managers log and can find no message regarding problems with your bed linen, I expect all linen at the hotel to be crisp and crease free and feel had this been brought to my attention this would have been remedied.

I do hope that you take the opportunity to visit the Crown again in the future so that we can show you why we have so many satisfied customers.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Booked into room 318 nice room amazing view but what will encourage our return is the friendly and helpfull staff nothing was too much trouble for them from arival to departure they made our stay a pleasure. Many thanks to them.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed here for two nights whilst on business in Scarborough. On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and informative about the amenities. I went up to my room (354) and it was ok although the bathroom had a musty odour. I was in a hurry on the first night and had a dinner appointment so didn't mention the smell in the bathroom at the time on my way out. When I came back later in the evening, the room smelt worse, (like a blocked drain) but by then it was very late and I just went to bed. The morning after, I mentioned it to the receptionist and she said she would get maintenance to rectify the problem. I arrived back later in the day and the smell had gone and the whole room smelt ok. Unfortunately this time, the room was really cold and the central heating radiator wasn't working. I phoned down to reception and within five minutes, a member of staff came up to try and fix the heating although he was unable to do so. He then offered me two alternative rooms (both upgrades) and I chose one which was warm (517). I was impressed with the level of service when presented with a problem and the positive solution offered. I think it reflects well on the hotel that when there is a problem, the response is important and in this case, it was very positive and as a result, I would have no hesitation in staying here again. One very minor point, as I had booked a room only rate (because on the website I booked through, a B&B package wasn't available for a single occupancy), the full breakfast at an extra £15.00 was a little on the pricey side however, it was ok and was cooked to order, so next time I will try and get a B&B rate

Room Tip: Sea view best but more expensive
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business