“Customer service at its best”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Rather than being a review after a stay, I would like to comment in advance.
My husband and I were due to return to the hotel this weekend for what is becoming an annual wedding anniversary treat. Unfortunately my husband has caught influenza so is not well enough. I contacted the hotel to advise them of this expecting to lose our deposit but was very pleased to be told that because I had stayed on previous occasions the hotel would rearrange to another time. We are now going at Easter.
All too often nowadays customer service takes second place but it is reassuring to know that loyalty is rewarded at the Crown Spa even when business priorities have to be maintained. Thank you Rachel Laura and Amy. Thank you to Daphne the sales manager. We are so much looking forward to a late wedding anniversary stay which will be all the better for the wait

• Stayed: March 2012
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

I do hope that your husband is feeling better and we look forward to seeing you over the Easter period. The weather this weekend was wonderful and I do hope that it’s like this for the rest of the year.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,002)

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Highly recommended - good continental breakfast - good spa facilities - only strange thing was watching football in the tea room

• Stayed: March 2012

Thanks you for a great review I am delighted that both the staff and facilities were to your requirements

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is great, located at the south bay which is really handy with a lovely walk to the centre and has the greatest view. Service is great unintrusive but with the helpfulness and satisfaction. Rooms are clean. Dinner and breakfast are both superb without a doubt. Would definately return a gemstone in Scarborough's crown

1  Thank Cleater1984
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you so much for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Me and my husband have just visited the Crown Spa for a weekend break and truly enjoyed ourselves from start to finish. The evening meal was very good and a real bargain, £54 for 2 x 3 course meals, I had the lamb that was melt in your mouth. The room was great (310) very clean, warm and comfortable and we loved the lighting in the bathroom and the shower. The staff were very polite and capable!! Then we went for a massage at the spa and personally I was blown away, the girls Abbie and Jenny were very welcoming, knew what they were doing and again really nice girls. This weekend away really meant alot to us as with 4 children getting away is really hard and I have to say we were NOT dissapointed. Regarding some of the other reviews, it really is a good job that hotels can't write reviews on us.

Once again Crown Spa thank you for a lovely weekend.

Ps Just 1 more thing and a very small complain ( I did make reception aware on departure) as part of our deal we had late check out till 12 but when we went back to our room at 11 am our card would not unlock the door as I'm guessing the rooms card keys are cleared at the normal 11am check out time.

1  Thank Rachel M

May I first of all say thanks you for a great review I am delighted that both the staff and facilities were to your requirements and that you have left the hotel having enjoyed a great weekend.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team especially Abbie and Jenny and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With regards to the key card the information is programmed into the key and reception can only override the 11am check-out by re-writing the card.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just come home from a weekend here,didnt book direct booked through a search engine cheaper, The room we had was on the fifth floor well decorated clean , large flat screen tv i pod dock room finished to high standard even had a tv in the bathroom only fault was this morning shower cold

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review. We are always a little disappointed when things are not perfect for our customers and a cold shower is not acceptable.

With regards to booking please don’t hesitate to check the hotels website where I’m sure you will find plenty of great deals.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just got back from a fabulous weekend at the Crown Spa, without doubt one of the best hotels I've stayed at in the UK. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the feature rooms which was impeccable, the twin sinks and television at the end of bath were great touches. Like a couple of other reviewers the room did seem a little warm even after we'd turned the radioator off so having a french door and a balcony we could sit on was fantastic - not something I thought I'd be saying about a weekend on the East Coast in February! To be fair though the weekend was unseasonably warm so it might have been that the heating system was still in winter mode. All the staff we encountered were great and went out of their way to help us during our stay. I'd definitely recommend paying the little extra for a room facing the sea as the view down is breath-taking. The hotel is just far enough away from the main strip to make it feel all the more exclusive but a ten minute walk and you're in the heart of things gives you the best of both worlds.

Room Tip: If you can push the boat out go for a feature room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Room 112 is a delightful room and the views across the bay are fantastic, unfortunately the weather in Scarborough has turned a little cold so the heating system will have to stay in winter mode a little longer.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff, we always endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

The best hotel we have stayed at.the staff are so helpfull and nothing is to much trouble even when they are very busy. The breakfast is to Die for and the meals in the restaurant are of the same standered.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, we're very proud of the hotel and really do appreciate hearing the great comments made.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.