“Couldn't have been better!”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived for our 1 night stay on our anniversary after I had picked our room (216) for the occasion. We had two huge windows looking out across the sea, a telescope, a huge bathroom with mood lighting and another nice big window to enjoy the view from. When I had booked the room I had briefly mentioned it was for our anniversary and much to our surprise there were balloons, chocolates and a 'happy anniversary' card waiting for us in the room!! I was so impressed and happy that they had gone to this trouble for us for no extra cost. It really made it special. The staff were truly lovely, very helpful and pleasant. Overall our experience was perfect and not only will i remember it fondly, but I will DEFINATELY be going back!!
The only slight downside was that we had a meal in the Hotel Restaurant and it was VERY expensive. I am not a big meat/fish lover so there wasnt a massive amount of choice. And for the price the portion sizes very rather small. So overall I wouldnt eat there again. Although this did not ruin our trip, My boyfriend was a little peeved and happened to mention it to one of the barstaff who shrugged off the cost of our drinks which was very nice of him.
The spa is lovely, we didnt have any treatments but would definately go in the future. The pool isnt very big but still nice, the jacuzzi because of its size maybe isnt as effective as the usual round shaped jacuzzi but its different and looks luxurious. The gym equipment is very new and sophisticated so enjoyed that! and the sauna with lights in the ceiling is to die for! could have stayed in there all day!
Very happy with our choice :)

Room Tip: get a sea view! worth the extra money! also be aware that all rooms are slightly different so some m...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes we are so busy that we forget how nice the Crown really is and reading you review has reminded me what a wonderful hotel we have the pleasure of running.

Alongside the restaurant we have a wide variety of good value food that can be eaten in the lounge or bar area, we do feel that this ,menu has something for everyone, and remember if you don’t see what you want please ask.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the extra touches like the chocolates and anniversary card.

Kind regards,

David Chambers

Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for The Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We thought that the hotel was great value at £87 per night. The reception, restaurant and bar areas all seemed to have been recently refurbished and had a nice welcoming feel.

The restaurant served good quality food and the bar served a good range of drinks.

The room itself was a little tired, however had all of the facilities that you'd expect from a quality hotel. The bed was comfortable, the curtains blacked out all the morning light so that you could sleep in. The most exceptional aspect of the room was the bathroom. It had been completely refurbished and had a very luxurious bath and a massive shower head. Anyone who has read my reviews before knows I love a good shower, and this was exceptional.

The views over the beach was very spectacular, and the hotel was well situated for a brisk and hilly stroll.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am a little disappointed that you felt the room seemed a little tired we do have a continuous plan of redecoration. There are some great room rates to be had at the moment and people really are taking advantage of them.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

On arriving at the Hotel curb appeal is good.
Parking street .Poor
Food :Poor
Staff: Require training very abrupt.
Room:Average
Reception:Average.
Spa ;Very good
Location:Very good.

Stayed in much better would not recommend.With the above attention it maybe tuened into a geart hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms better. But the staff ignore your requests when booking online.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WhistleTune20
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

May I first of all say how disappointed that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one but will say that had your concerns been brought to my attention during your stay we would have done our best to amend them. But with the best will in the world we do sometimes struggle to please some customers, we do have a private car park at the hotel and on occasion parking directly outside the front of the hotel can be a little difficult. However there is a drop of point at the front door where you can park for long enough to unload and check in to the hotel.

Review after review on tripadvisor does state the following.

Food : Dinner and breakfast are both superb, The breakfast is to Die for and the meals in the restaurant are of the same standard

Staff : Service is great unintrusive but with helpfulness and satisfaction

Reception : when we checked in, we were met instantly by a friendly receptionist. Who informed us that we'd been given a free upgrade. What a start!

Again I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and do hope a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Crown Spa hotel with my partner to break up a business trip so we were looking for a quality hotel that offered good value for money in Scarborough. The Crown Spa is probably the only 4 star hotel in the town and it occupies an enviable position high on a hill overlooking South Bay. The room was very comfortable with a king size bed and flat screen tv with an en-suite bathroom. Although we didn't have a sea view, it was very quiet and clean and of a decent size. The service in the bar where we took afternoon tea was very friendly and we were given tips on where to eat in the town that night.We also made use of the spa which consisted of a small swimming pool and spa complete with sauna and steam room. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful even though it was classed as "continental" with fresh fruit, toast, cheese, hams and jams.

Room Tip: It is worth requesting a sea view but you will probably be asked to pay a supplement for the privile...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

May I first of all say thank you for your positive review, there is an additional cost for a sea view room but one that all our customers feel is worth the cost due to the amazing coastal views.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Rather than being a review after a stay, I would like to comment in advance.
My husband and I were due to return to the hotel this weekend for what is becoming an annual wedding anniversary treat. Unfortunately my husband has caught influenza so is not well enough. I contacted the hotel to advise them of this expecting to lose our deposit but was very pleased to be told that because I had stayed on previous occasions the hotel would rearrange to another time. We are now going at Easter.
All too often nowadays customer service takes second place but it is reassuring to know that loyalty is rewarded at the Crown Spa even when business priorities have to be maintained. Thank you Rachel Laura and Amy. Thank you to Daphne the sales manager. We are so much looking forward to a late wedding anniversary stay which will be all the better for the wait

• Stayed: March 2012
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

I do hope that your husband is feeling better and we look forward to seeing you over the Easter period. The weather this weekend was wonderful and I do hope that it’s like this for the rest of the year.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Highly recommended - good continental breakfast - good spa facilities - only strange thing was watching football in the tea room

• Stayed: March 2012

Thanks you for a great review I am delighted that both the staff and facilities were to your requirements

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is great, located at the south bay which is really handy with a lovely walk to the centre and has the greatest view. Service is great unintrusive but with the helpfulness and satisfaction. Rooms are clean. Dinner and breakfast are both superb without a doubt. Would definately return a gemstone in Scarborough's crown

1  Thank Cleater1984
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you so much for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.