“Easter weekend get away 2012”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Easter weekend get away 2012”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and we had the romance package 2.
We had a nice bedroom with a four poster bed and a big bathroom . Loved the pink lights above the bath.
We felt the food and wine was overpriced but was nice.
The private parking was a bonus :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mick s
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
May I first of all say thank you for your mostly positive review. I am delighted that both the bedroom and bathroom met with your requirements.

We have a very varied wine list and menu with glasses of wine starting at £3.40 starters at £5.95 and main courses from £9.95 which I do feel is priced to suit all customers.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Polish first
North Lincs
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A 3 night Easter break at the Crown Spa made all the more enjoyable by the excellent standards that we have come to expect over recent years. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff in all areas were efficient but friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The superior sea view penthouse room 504 was extremely comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were delicious. The wood pigeon and seared lambs loin were the highlight but every evening was a delight. Breakfast was a good substantial start to the day with so much to chose from although I must admit to enjoying the smoked haddock every morning.
An enjoyable stay over too soon but which will most certainly be repeated

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mrs_SNorthLincs
May I first of all thank you for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

Nothing pleases us more than when we have guests return and we can always assure a familiar face.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We anticipated arriving early for a much needed weekend break and rang the hotel in advance to inquire about early check in. I was told that if the room was ready when we arrived then we could have it early. We arrived at 9am and got our free parking permit from reception and were told to come back at 11am, so we went for some food. We checked in at 11 but were told that the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm. The room was a bit small but well appointed with a nice view of the car park and bins! We went straight down to use the leisure facilities but unfortunately this coincided with the children's swim times and it was heaving. We used the sauna and steam room for a bit before trying the pool again. It's OK for a dip after the sauna, but too small really if you want to swim. We arrived back at the room for a shower and discovered that the water was freezing cold. I rang reception and someone arrived 15 minutes later to have a look; he had to go get some tools and came back and fixed it for us. Whilst this was happening we also had another member of staff in the room for half an hour trying to connect us to the free WiFi. He eventually got us connected, after they reset the hotel's server, but we couldn't connect again for the next 2 days after that and gave it up in the end. We ate in the Taste restaurant the first night and the food and service were excellent. We each had a back massage before we left on the Sunday morning, it was very relaxing and well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moonchild484
May I first of all thank you for a mostly positive review. I am always pleased when there are positive comments and that the staff was able to resolve some of the issues that occurred.

We have recently had a few issues with regards to the wifi which was related to a bad access point which has now been resolved

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent 3 night stay. My room was superb - spacious and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the sea. Really enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the views. Room service was speedy, with an extensive menu which was good value for money. Staff were polite and helpful.

I was looking forward to using the pool and Spa facilities , which are very good - but my enjoyment was spoiled by a family with 3 children using the rather small pool outside of the recommended hours for children's use. No relaxing swim for me!!!

Nevertheless, I would happily recommend the hotel - and certainly intend making a return visit!

• Stayed March 2012
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
May I first of all say thank you for your positive review. I am delighted that the room and room service met with your requirements.

We do have specific times that children are allowed in the pool so that customers who require a quieter time are able to swim and you are correct in that there where children in the pool outside the allotted time.

The young boy with his family I am sure you will have noticed was quite badly disfigured and had chosen the Crown for what may well be his last holiday, he is 7 years old and suffering with inoperable brain tumours and is currently in remission. He personally chose the Crown as we have a Jacuzzi and his favourite film has a Jacuzzi scene that he wanted to re-enact. On grounds of compassion I was more than happy to oblige and bend the rules for which I received a great big hug and a smile that will stay with me forever, the young man left the Crown very happy and telling me how he is coming back and can he go in the Jacuzzi again, I really do hope that I have the pleasure of greeting him and bending the rules for him again. I am sorry that your enjoyment was spoilt and do hope that you are able to have a peaceful swim if you do choose to visit us again in the future

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Returned today from a 5 day break in Scarborough and so glad we chose the crown spa fantastic rooms , lovely bathroom ,nice staff and the spa and pool are great. My wife and daughter had a few treatments which the thoroughly enjoyed. We ate in the bar on two evenings and found the food to be really good I had the lamb from the specials board on the recommendation of the bar manager John porter ( nice bloke) and it was great. Must be one of the best if not the best hotel in Scarborough can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Whatsappenin
I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and that the food and service was to the standard that you expected. John Porter has been with us now for three years and will be delighted that his name has personally been mentioned.

Thanks again and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Pouance, France
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Recently re-decorated quality Hotel on the cliff-top. It's non-smoking throughout which is strictly enforced. No need to try out the Health Centre as we got enough exercise going up and down the cliff paths to the Spa Centre below.
We had an excellent bar meal in the bar's adjoining eating area, Good food at reasonable prices.
We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel (Room 356) that was away from the front (with the views of the bay) but was away from the lift exit!.
It was a good room, comfortable, large bed and we soon got used to the taps beong outside the bath/shower!
The staff were courteous and friendly>
Will add some pics. later.

Room Tip: There are "quiet Rooms" at the rear although a little furthet to walk.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, we're very proud of the hotel and really do appreciate hearing the great comments made. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding both service and food to the team as they strive to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay, so they'll be pleased that their efforts don't go unnoticed.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Hull
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived for our 1 night stay on our anniversary after I had picked our room (216) for the occasion. We had two huge windows looking out across the sea, a telescope, a huge bathroom with mood lighting and another nice big window to enjoy the view from. When I had booked the room I had briefly mentioned it was for our anniversary and much to our surprise there were balloons, chocolates and a 'happy anniversary' card waiting for us in the room!! I was so impressed and happy that they had gone to this trouble for us for no extra cost. It really made it special. The staff were truly lovely, very helpful and pleasant. Overall our experience was perfect and not only will i remember it fondly, but I will DEFINATELY be going back!!
The only slight downside was that we had a meal in the Hotel Restaurant and it was VERY expensive. I am not a big meat/fish lover so there wasnt a massive amount of choice. And for the price the portion sizes very rather small. So overall I wouldnt eat there again. Although this did not ruin our trip, My boyfriend was a little peeved and happened to mention it to one of the barstaff who shrugged off the cost of our drinks which was very nice of him.
The spa is lovely, we didnt have any treatments but would definately go in the future. The pool isnt very big but still nice, the jacuzzi because of its size maybe isnt as effective as the usual round shaped jacuzzi but its different and looks luxurious. The gym equipment is very new and sophisticated so enjoyed that! and the sauna with lights in the ceiling is to die for! could have stayed in there all day!
Very happy with our choice :)

Room Tip: get a sea view! worth the extra money! also be aware that all rooms are slightly different so some m...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
May I first of all thank you for your positive feedback and say that I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes we are so busy that we forget how nice the Crown really is and reading you review has reminded me what a wonderful hotel we have the pleasure of running.

Alongside the restaurant we have a wide variety of good value food that can be eaten in the lounge or bar area, we do feel that this ,menu has something for everyone, and remember if you don’t see what you want please ask.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the extra touches like the chocolates and anniversary card.

Kind regards,