“Lovely as always”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
“Lovely as always”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Me my partner and son stayed for the bank holiday, we stayed before and loved it and this time was even better as we checked out the spa and swimming pool! Everything was brilliant, clean and well managed. Lovely feel to this hotel and we shal be staying again in a month.

• Stayed April 2012
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for what is a short but very positive review, you have said enough to let me know that you are happy which makes myself and the team happy too.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Polish first
Bagshot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

On arrival at the Crown Spa we were very impressed, the location is stunning with amazing views over the South Cliff and our feature room had a complimentary telescope!
The room was well equipped with little luxuries like nice toiletries and bath robes. The spa was very nice and we used it several times as well as indulging in some treatments (highly recommended). We had booked dinnner on both nights prior to arrival as we were here to relax and didn't particularly want to go very far in the evening. Sadly, as is the case with many hotels the food was poor. French onion soup was like dishwater with no crouton or cheese topping (apparently the chef was being trained?) my turbot (overcooked) with risotto and Parmesan crisp had no Parmesan crisp (I had to ask for it) my wife's rare steak was delivered medium. The bill was £70 with wine which I considered poor value. Having complained twice throughout the meal we were offered no form of recompense (even a complimentary coffee would have at least been a gesture). Based on this experience we cancelled our dinner reservation for the second night and found a wonderful fish restaurant 10 mins walk away (cafe fish) that we discovered on trip advisor also.
All in all I would recommend the Crown Spa Hotel for everything other than dinner, it could have been a one off but I did read similar from others on here.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank davidwood33
May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review with regards to the hotel and the spa facilities. I do remember sitting down and chatting to you on the day of your departure and don’t remember saying that the chef on duty was in training, I may have said that there is a training issue that I need to address and since have done so.

The issues that were brought to the attention of the restaurant manager on the night were resolved and he did feel that you had left the restaurant happy. As anyone can see I do personally respond to all trip advisor posts and regrettably have to disagree that that there are similar complaints regarding food, anyone that takes the time to read through past customer feedback will be able to decide themselves if this is the case.

I do hope that you visit Scarborough again in the future and that the Crown is your choice of hotel as we are always happy to see returning guests.

UK
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent overnight stay at the Crown Spa Hotel. My room was extremely spacious and comfortable, with a fantastic monsoon shower in the wetroom/bathroom. Staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic.

I wish I had taken my gym stuff with me as gym/pool looked really good when I went downstairs to take a look around it.

I would happily recommend the hotel to friends & family - and would certainly stay here if ever in Scarborough again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks you for such a lovely review, I am always delighted to hear that the staff and hotel met your expectations.

halifax
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Enjoyed two lovely nights here over Easter 2012. Can only think of positive things to say about the rooms, the staff, the facilities. The spa was great - spent some time chilling in the sauna and steam room. Food was excellent, and the wine. We enjoyed Scarborough very much. Fab walks around the castle, the beach, and the hills at the far end of the south bay. It's all good. Top marks to crown spa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thanks so much for such a positive review. I am delighted that you had a great weekend over Easter and luckily the weather did hold out which added to it. on the odd occasion we do receive negative comments that do seem unnessesary but reviews like yours do make our job worth while.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon as a tourist.

HULL
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here over night and it was an amazing experience and we look forward to coming back ASAP. I cannot fault any aspect of the weekend.

Room Tip: Have a room at the front for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and we had the romance package 2.
We had a nice bedroom with a four poster bed and a big bathroom . Loved the pink lights above the bath.
We felt the food and wine was overpriced but was nice.
The private parking was a bonus :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mick s
May I first of all say thank you for your mostly positive review. I am delighted that both the bedroom and bathroom met with your requirements.

We have a very varied wine list and menu with glasses of wine starting at £3.40 starters at £5.95 and main courses from £9.95 which I do feel is priced to suit all customers.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

North Lincs
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A 3 night Easter break at the Crown Spa made all the more enjoyable by the excellent standards that we have come to expect over recent years. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff in all areas were efficient but friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The superior sea view penthouse room 504 was extremely comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were delicious. The wood pigeon and seared lambs loin were the highlight but every evening was a delight. Breakfast was a good substantial start to the day with so much to chose from although I must admit to enjoying the smoked haddock every morning.
An enjoyable stay over too soon but which will most certainly be repeated

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mrs_SNorthLincs
May I first of all thank you for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

Nothing pleases us more than when we have guests return and we can always assure a familiar face.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.