“Lovely stay”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
England
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We had a deluxe king size room on the 3rd floor, which was very quiet and had a sea view.

The room was well equipped, the bed extremely comfortable The bathroom was very clean and
I especially liked the pink lighting!

We left the window open all night as the room was hot, although we did turn the radiator off too, and listened to the waves which was lovely. We had one tiny problem with the bath taps which was fixed immediately.

We didnt eat in, but had a drink in the bar where the fire was lit which smelled woonderful and was cosy on a cool evening.

Breakfast was delicous and all the staff were courteous and charming - and efficient, getting us a taxi and advising on parking, which was not a problem really, we found a space not too far away.

We will definitely return and enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view, watching the evening light on the water is gorgeous
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Crown and that all was to your liking.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon as a tourist.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Polish first
hull
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had a voucher for a spa day at the Crown hotel, bought thorough a discount website. It entitled my partner and I to full use of the health club facilities, a mud rasul and an hour long full body massage.

From the outside the hotel is beautiful in an excellent location, and what I saw of the lobby I got the impression that the hotel is large, spacious, luxurious and clean.

The health facilities on offer were fabulous. Set in the depths of the hotel with beautiful victorian tiled walls, we enjoyed the numerous sauna's, steam rooms, foot spa and pool. Unfortunately the spa tub was being cleaned for 3 days which was disappointing and we would have liked to have been told before we went. The fire and ice suite was lovely and new and the mud treatment a real treat. The treatments themselves were great and the ladies giving them were very attentive to any special requests we had (my shoulders were tight and the therapist worked into them a treat).

If you are booking a spa deal at this hotel don't let the hotels website put you off. The website does not showcase the excellent facilities the crown spa has to offer.

We are on the lookout for more deals so we can visit again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable spa day and everything was to your requirements. During your visit the spa tub was closed down for essential maintenance with regards to replacing tiles and re-grouting. I am delighted that the therapists were able to sort out your tight shoulders and do hope that you return for more in the very near future.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Everything was good except for the slightly strange arrangement of changing rooms and swimming pool

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife stayed for 3 days after Easter. We were upgraded to a deluxe? room at the back. Room was long and narrow but good overall. It was also quiet and easy to get a good sleep in the well ventilated room and the excellent bed. The bathroom was a little larger than normal - but it had a design of bath/shower which I considered quite dangerous. The shower head was directly over a weir tap entry into the bath. If you slipped you would do yourself damage on this hunk of metal, also no hand rail to get out of the bath - only this hunk of metal.

The breakfast was excellent with a good selection of all the normal ingredients- being Scarborough they did nice Smoked Haddock and Kippers. The restaurant food was less satisfactory at £30 for a 4 course dinner. All the dishes seemed to have an excess of meat with less vegetables than we would normally eat. Choice was limited with little change every day. Service was good and everyone of the staff seemed cheerful

Room Tip: If you are not fussed about having the cooked breakfast, choose the continental breakfast - excellen...
1 Thank moonraker244
May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review. I am delighted that the room and room service met with your requirements.

With regards to the bathroom all baths have non slip coatings and 4 year since renovation we have yet to have any issues. We do state in our bedroom literature and there is also a sign in the bathroom that states handrails are available on request.

We run a set menu in the restaurant with some 30 dishes this along with the lite bites menu and daily specials is normally enough variety for most customers, however we do have a policy of if a customer asks and it can be done it will be done, so please do ask for anything you like on your next visit and we will do our best to accomodate.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in March. Superb location, excellent rooms even had a TV in the bath room. Well equiped gym and spa. The only 2 negatives was the limited parking and the quality of the food in the restaurant was only average. But would definatley go back and maybee eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, I was told by other guests that this floor has recently been updated and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review with regards to the hotel and the spa facilities. I am a little disappointed that the food was not to the quality that was expected and do hope that you brought this to the attention of the restaurant manager.

I do hope that you visit Scarborough again in the future and that the Crown is your choice of hotel as we are always happy to see returning guests.

ipswich, UK
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights over Easter 2012, and had a fabulous stay! The reception staff were all very welcoming, helpful and polite at all times; offered advice on places to visit and where to eat out. The restaurant staff were equally lovely, likewise the bar staff. But the most outstanding member of staff, for us, was the lovely guy (sorry don't know his name!) who brought our room service breakfast tray up each day!Great hotel with good spa facilities and a decent little gym...would definitely return!

Room Tip: We had an automatic upgrade to a sea view.... which was lovely but it's hard to say what the sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
First of all I would like to say thanks for the positive comments regarding the Crown and so pleased that you enjoyed the free room upgrade. I am sorry that you didn’t manage to get the name of the person that brought your room service but we do post customer comments on the staff notice board and I’m sure that the member of staff will know who they are.

Thanks again for a great review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Yet again we have not long returned from our short stay at the Crown Spa. Have stayed there several times and would not consider staying any other place. I cannot add any other comments to my previous ones apart from the fact that we are treated like long lost friends. The staff are just so lovely. We had lunch with our son, wife a little baby Sophie and the staff gave permission for our daughter in law to go our room in order to have privacy to feed her baby. The room was fantastic as per usual, we don't care about sea views, plenty sea around the bay if we want to view it. Thanks to Lauren and the rest of the staff who made our stay yet again very special Will be back soon to see our little granddaughter Sophie

Room Tip: High rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
May I first of all say how nice it is to receive such an honest and detailed review of a customer’s stay, all too often trip advisor is used in such an inappropriate way with statements that often verge on the ridiculous.

I am delighted that your time spent with your granddaughter was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team especially Lauren.