“Good but needs improving”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Glasgow
“Good but needs improving”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

It was a good stay and the staff were great but a few annoying things.

OK not major but the TV was a nightmare and to be honest too big which is not mornally the case.

The biggest complaint is that due to flexibility of the hotel to use the rooms they do (as many hotels) join twin beds to make king size ones. Annoying as it forms a ridge down the centre and in this case it was not comfortable.

The breakfast was good and service was great but it was overpriced for what you get.

Free wifi that worked was good and welcomed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
May I first of all say how disappointed I am you feel the hotel needs to improve? We constantly request and embrace customer feedback and always feel disappointed when such small issues spoil a customer’s stay.

Yours is the first review that has ever stated the television was too big which leaves me in a position of believing this has not been an issue to other customers. We have over the last couple of weeks had one or two issues with the televisions which have since been remedied by the engineer who noted that the frequency and strength of the signal in the area had been changed which meant a little tweaking at this end brought all televisions back to normal.

As with the beds you are on the right track with how hotels turn rooms from a double to a twin. The beds are an industry standard and are called zip and links in our case they are almost permanently zipped together and occasionally pulled apart at customers request.

I do hope that these minor issues wont stop you from returning to the Crown and that you feel we have improved, I would also ask that yourself and any customers that may have issues whilst staying with us however small that you speak to us during your stay.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Was dissapointed with the Crown Spa Hotel, not 4 star in my opinion. The reception was good, room although they said had upgraded us to superior wasnt that good.

The spa including swimming pool was excelent.

The restaurant was poor. When we checked in I booked a table for 6, I was shown the restaurants as there were 3 areas, I chose the area, when we actually went down to the table was told by the head man that he had to set us a table up in the tv room as overbooked. We had our dinner which was very expensive in a very small TV lounge with Football on full blast!!!

1 Thank Paulinebrown186408
May I first of all say how disappointed I am that your stay was not an enjoyable one, if possible could you forward me the date of your stay and the name the reservation was under to davidchambers@crownspahotel.com.

We always aim to please all of our customers and in cases where this doesn’t seem to happen I always make sure that it is investigated so that customers can receive the four star service that they deserve.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

First time I went away for a spa weekend and it won't be the last, tried a mud rasul with my girlfriend which was included in our package, then enjoyed a few cycles of the fire and ice experience steam and ice room before retiring to the chill out room thoroughly relaxed and feeling a million miles away from the stress of work, 3 times a year for me from now on

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank HappyZac
Thanks for a great review and please do come back soon, customers always feel that the batteries have been recharged after the treatments.

I will pass on your positive comments to all staff and management who I know will be delighted we have another satisfied customer.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have just returned from a weekend at the Crown Spa Hotel with 30 family and friends to celebrate my parents Diamond Wedding Anniversary.

What a superb hotel, my father has recently fallen and broken his hip and it was touch and go up until the last minute whether the celebrations would go ahead. Thankfully he made it and the hotel did everything they could to make sure he was comfortable, providing hand rails in the bathroom and everything he could possibly need. They were allocated a large room to accomodate the wheelchair, with large windows and a balcony (pity he didn't get chance to use it), but my Mum did!

The staff, facilities and certainly the food really deserve 5*

The hotel is in a lovely position with lovely view of the coastline towards Filey, some rooms have better views than others!

The Spa facilities are good, you need longer than a weekend to try them all.

The only criticism of the hotel I have is that it could do with air conditioning in the rooms and the water temperature control in the bathroom wasn't brilliant - too hot, usually people complain in hotels the water is cold!

Would certainly recommend it for either a break or a family celebration and I know all our party wouldn't hesitate to do the same!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for a wonderful review and I do hope that your father is getting back to full fitness. All too often this forum is used in a very negative way but when we have a customer commenting on a party of 30 people an d claiming that the staff facilities and food deserve five stars then we know we are doing a great job.

We have in the past looked into Air Conditioning but feel that it would be detrimental to both the environment and our green credentials.

Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Absolutely amazing hotel, facilities are excellent and staff cannot do enough to please. We have recently held our wedding at the hotel and cannot recommend it highly enough. We had a fantastic stay and cant wait till our next visit

Room Tip: definatley has to be a room with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Once again congratulations and thanks for a wonderful review, as always it gives us great pleasure to be a part of a couples special day and I do hope that you keep returning to the Crown for years to come.

London
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Crown Spa for my Sisters wedding and all I can say is that the hotel, the spa and all other satff were nothing short of amazing. The level of service this hotel gives is impeccable and everyone who is a part of the Crown Spa should be very proud of the service they provide.
We will most definitely be back soon.. Thank you...

1 Thank Jules29London
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
May I first of all say thank you for such a positive review. We are often too busy to appreciate what a lovely hotel we work in and its great when somebody responds using the words amazing and what’s better still is that you are the second customer in two days.

I am delighted that all went well with the wedding and that a wonderful time was had by all.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

i love the fact that we have such a beautiful hotel in scarborough .... I have used the gym facilities before and also have had a room for a romantic evening... it is beautiful and just as a hotel should be.. an asset. and the Gym is amazing it has everything you need and more... the spa!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, we're very proud of the hotel and really do appreciate hearing the great comments made.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Kind regards