“Crown Spa Hotel Scarborough”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Polish first
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had stayed previously at the hotel with my mother however knew that my husband would also like it. By staying in November, we knew that there was no guarantee with the weather (well there isn't at any time of the year in this country :)) therefore with there being a spa, if the weather was bad, we wouldn't have to leave the hotel. We were very fortunate in that it was sunny but obviously cold therefore didn't use the facilities. We had dinner on our second night and it was cooked to perfection. Attentive staff in every department, welcoming without being too in your face. At the bar, I asked for a bottle of merlot however the bar staff were adamant that I try several different bottles before deciding!! The room was lovely however wish I'd requested a sea view when I booked but can only blame myself for that :(

Room Tip: Make sure you request a sea view as the scenery is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia S
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than returning guests.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to the management and team at our next management meeting.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stumbled on this hotel on google. Me and my partner decided to book. It looked great so booked the romance 1 package. When we arrived we had been given a free upgrade on our room. This was fantastic. The room was excellent and very clean. The mood lighting in the bathroom was a nice extra touch. The staff were very friendly. The spa facilities were very clean and were a great way to relax at the end of a busy day out. The hotel restaurant was nice. A little pricey but still nice. Was glad I paid a little extra for the car parking. This is our first visit here but we are planning to go back soon

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

stayed at crown spa hotel for birthday celebration and enjoyed every minate ! gillian on reception helped me choose our room 114 which was so gorgeous with french doors and balcony and so big . every member of staff were so friendly , helpful and courteous . our meal in the restaurant was delicious followed by relaxing drink in lounge area next to log fire . really enjoyed pool,sauna etc and pool was decent size , would really reccomend this hotel as could not fault it in any way and will definately be staying again ! delightful,spotless,friendly and perfect setting what more could you ask for !

Room Tip: rooms on first floor with french doors and balcony and wonderful views across the bay
1 Thank Diana N

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel, the rooms were immaculate and even though we both thought having a telly in the bath was stupid, turns out it is the best idea since the wheel. Food was pricey although you get what you pay for, and you can have a look at the menu on the website which is handy. Altogether a great time in a great hotel 5*

• Stayed February 2013

Cheadle, Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights,in Room 102, which was beautifully presented and,with a balcony & sea view ,suited us perfectly.
All the staff we encountered, from Reception, Restaurant and Bar Staff, were friendly, helpful & efficient ,ensuring our stay was thoroughly enjoyed. Although the Restaurant food was fine, we found better value was had by eating from the Lite Bite menu, especially enjoyed whilst sitting in front of the log burner !
This hotel is individual, not at all like the bland "chain" hotels, and is be thoroughly recommended, not only for it's superb location, but for the overall fabulous experience we enjoyed during the beautifully sunny days of our stay (Feb 17-19).

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

lincolshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed for one night at The Crown Spa. We booked directly with the hotel and we were glad we did. 5th floor super modern rooms! View breathtaking! Staff efficient, friendly and helpful. After a long walk we enjoyed a few drinks in front of the log burner. We ate at night in Taste the restaurant in the hotel. We were very impressed. Full English breakfast, spa and car parking permit included in our rate. Love this hotel and will return....:-)

Room Tip: 5th floor sea view pay more but worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for a lovely review I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than returning guests.