The room was newly decorated and the hallways were freshly carpeted and clean.
Whilst our room was clean, however, housekeeping issues caused us to complain to reception on 3 occasions.
1) the bath unwashed 2) no bathrobes left on two days and 3) only 1 large towel left. On each occasion Reception apologised and got the matter attended to.
The room, although a superior one, was hot with only a large propeller type central fan which had to be left on all night, with the windows open. The windows being open, allowed the cooking smells from the kitchen below into the room, along with the sound of the screeching seagulls and the building work sending rubble down a shoot into a skip nearby.
Add to this the fact that breakfast is not included and costs an extra £15 pp per day and the hotel is not value for money.
For the cost of this hotel either air conditioning/ breakfast or sea view should be included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Spa Hotel, Scarborough's first hotel built in 1845. The interior of the Crown still contains many of the original architectural features which is why it is often featured in many film and television productions. Along with an excellent restaurant the hotel includes the Crown Spa catering for spa treatments and health club facilities including 40ft pool, large Jacuzzi, 5 heat experience rooms and well appointed gym and studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Crown Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Scarborough
- Crown Spa Scarborough
- Scarborough Hotel Crown