“CUSTOMER SERVICE SECOND TO NONE”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know what a fantastic hotel The Crown Spa is. Their customer service was second to none and we enjoyed a brilliant and relaxing weekend away. There was a problem with our booking through late Rooms, but Emma the Hotel Manager handled the situation brilliantly and resolved all the issues allowing us to relax and enjoy the fabulous spa facilities. The spa itself is extremely well equipped and spotless with loads of steam rooms and a huge jacuzzi to choose from. We enjoyed a Mud treatment and a facial which were great and have to mention Kate in the spa area who was so helpful and cheerful.

Once again thanks to Emma, Rachel, Kate and Andy for making my cousins 50th birthday weekend a trip to remember.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, I am delighted that Emma was able to sort out the issues with the reservation and so glad that everything turned out well.

I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer who wants to return to the Crown.

David Chambers / Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked this hotel for four adults via Booking.com and chose the rate that said it included breakfast. It was very silly of me to assume that for £10.00 this meant a continental breakfast and I would have to pay another £5.00 per person for a full English breakfast (therefore it cost us £60.00 for breakfast!). At this point I told the Receptionist and showed her my phone which quite clearly didn't explain any of this and she told me she knew Booking.com do not provide this extra information. I then asked her if we could be refunded for the continental breakfast so that we could then choose to go and have breakfast elsewhere but she told us we couldn't! On the plus side, breakfast was very nice but still not sure it was worth £60.00! The staff at breakfast were excellent. Again, after free parking was advertised on Booking.com, we were told by the unfriendly receptionist that parking was actually £6.00 unless we wanted to park in front of the hotel (where there were no spaces!). I found the receptionist when we checked in to be quite abrupt and not really wanting to help out whereas the lady who checked us out the next morning was very helpful and could not do enough for us. The room was lovely, as was the bathroom/shower and mood lighting. Again, in the booking description we were told robes were included, there was only one in our room (double room for two people) and when I requested another, the receptionist said it is normal practise to only provide one robe however, she would arrange for another to be brought up. 50 minutes later a robe was brought up to us, sadly we were showered and ready to go out! When we arrived back to our room at 1.30am, we were greeted with extra loud music and a couple shouting loudly. The noise appeared to be a lot louder on the corridor than it was when we were in our room, nonethless we could still hear EVERYTHING that was going on in their room until 6.18am, needless to say it was the worse nights sleep we've had in a long time, despite the very comfortable beds and lovely warm bedding! I complained to the receptionist the next morning and she was very apologetic however, I appreciate we should have complained whilst the loud noise was taking place. We were just both very tired and were hopeful of peace and quiet shortly!! Like I said earlier, the morning receptionist was lovely and said she would look into it, just in case new guests were checking into our room that evening. Overall disappointed and a tad deflated as I'd heard really good reports from some friends about this hotel. I'm not saying I'd never stay again but would perhaps try somewhere else next time to compare.

Room Tip: Whilst we didn't have a sea view, the view was perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am always disappointed when our customers are disappointed. We have a wonderful team of girls on reception who always receive excellent feedback from customers, if ever this is not the case and the name of the staff member is brought to our attention then it is dealt with immediately.

It always frustrates me when our customers make a reservation and then feel that the booking process wasn’t clear and that they believe that they had purchased something different, I have as I often do just logged into booking.com’s web page and it does clearly state continental breakfast, I am sorry for whatever it was that caused you to believe different. Booking.com does also sell our rooms as room only which would have been another option for you.

As with all hotels we do on occasion have some customers who are inconsiderate towards other guests, I can assure you that had you taken just a couple of minutes to call the reception that the noise would have stopped immediately.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we do respond to all feedback and use it to improve the experience for future guests.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here 6/8th december and we had a fantastic time, our room 106 was beautiful with a sea view and was so cosy and warm, we ate in the restaurant both nights the food was delicious and the staff very attentive always asking if everything was ok, all of the public areas of the hotel were of a very high standard and spotlessly clean, there was a christmas party in one of the function rooms both nights we were there but we were never disturbed at all with any noise or people going to their rooms,this hotel is certainly at the top of our return to list, thank you crown spa for a fantastic weekend and for making us feel so special.

Room Tip: The delux at the front of the hotel with a balcony are perfect
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, I am always delighted when we have a customer that has had an enjoyable stay.

Room 106 is a delightful room with the most amazing views and the high seas are so nice to watch from the warm comfort of your room.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just stayed the one night and we found the Hotel to be very good. However a few little changes would make it great.
Had a super room with a mood lighting bathroom. However the mood was for igloo dwellers as it was so cold. The only source of heating was a small electric towel rail which was way too small for a big bathroom.

The continental breakfast was poor - one choice of cheese and one choice of meat is not good enough for a hotel with this rating.

All the staff were great but the hotel needs to address small issues like this to live up to its billing and marketing.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review, I am always disappointed if there have been a few niggles and the stay isn’t just perfect.

It isn’t very often that I get any customers complaining that parts of the hotel are cold its often the opposite that the hotel is extremely hot, I do hope that you brought the issue to the attention of the management team as I can assure we would have looked to amend this immediately.

Our continental breakfast has over 30 items along with an additional selection of gluten free products and a hot dish of the day that changes daily. I do hope that on a future visit you bring any issues that you have to our attention as we will do our utmost to resolve them.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Went today for a few beauty treatments, iv been lots of times before and everytime was professional and you can not fault the staff. April did all my treatments and has done a few before, every time amazing. Yes the prices can be moaned about but your not just paying for the treatment your paying for the service of the staff and you can not get better staff. April is brilliant, such a relaxing facial, neck shoulder and arm massage, all dermalogica. I hadnt booked my gel nails in but she was more than happy to do them before the closed. Nothing bad at all, you wont be disapointed ! Thank you april !! :D

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, I am delighted that your experience in beauty was such a positive one. April and her girls are extremely professional and always have customers leaving happy.

I will pass on your positive comments to April who will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer who wants to return to the Crown.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We held our wedding at the Crown Spa and can not praise the place highly enough. The staff were very attentive, the food was very tasty, the room was beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble. They really did take all the hassle out of the day, so that we could really enjoy ourselves. Many thanks to all at the Crown Spa for making our day so special. Excellent Venue for your wedding.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

First of all may I say congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We pride ourselves on both the staff and wedding service that we provide and are always delighted when we receive another satisfied customer.

I will pass on your positive comments to all of the staff and management who will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ehotel.de