“Best in Scarborough!”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Best in Scarborough!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Spent 1 night in the Crown Spa ( 18/01/2014 )
What can I say!
Reception staff absolutely lovely, friendly and very professional, we arrived very early ( before 10 am ) obviously not expecting our room to be available, no drama, supplied us with a parking permit and offered to store our luggage until our room was ready, got back to the hotel just after 12 and checked in, the room was a comfort king, their cheapest (£61) and I can honestly say it would justify being more expensive, spacious, clean, huge comfy bed and beautiful bathroom with bath and shower over, our room (357) looked out over Scarborough town....with far stretching views through a massive bay window which flooded the room with light.
I've stayed in many different places in Scarborough over the years and, for me, the Crown Spa is by far the best.

Room Tip: Room 357, huge bay window looking inland, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Crown Spa Hotel. The various views we have from the hotel are simply fantastic and we are extremely lucky to be in the location that we are.

We do hope that you return to the hotel, if you would like an earlier check in we are able to guarantee the room is ready from 1pm at an additional charge of £6.00.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Polish first
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Me and my husband have just got back from a over night stay at this hotel.My husband booked it for a treat for my birthday.The hotel was very clean all staff very friendly.Our room 251 was very nice warm clean comfy I could not have asked for more.We got room service in the evening and for breakfast the next day.The food was very nice and good value .The pool and spa were fantastic very relaxing and very clean .I don't know why anyone can complain about this hotel we have stayed in SCarborough and in other hotels but this is the best by far.I did not want to leave and we are already planning our next stay for our wedding anniversary in AUgust.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, we are very pleased to have more satisfied customers.

We are very pleased you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us and I do hope you had a lovely birthday.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in august. As your return will be in celebration of your anniversary I would recommend booking an executive room on our penthouse floor, these have a sleek city feel with a contemporary style and the latest technology. Including a media connection system and a TV over your bath.

Alternatively the Feature Deluxe rooms with a sea view and balcony would also be suitable for this type of occasion with the option with a touch of tradition, full French windows and the option of eating breakfast on the balcony whilst admiring the stunning sea views.
May I also add we can offer Romance packages which include chilled wine on arrival, noon check in and out, time in exclusive areas in the health spa and more. Please refer to our direct website for more details.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, feedback is of great importance and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Co Durham. England
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a great 2 days at this hotel which we booked on line. Reception area tastefully decorated with a huge log fire in the lounge, Reception staff very friendly & helpfull, Anastasiya even got us a complimentary upgrade with a sea view. The room was very smart, warm & clean. The bathroom was very clean & bright with designer lighting. We used the swimming pool & hot tub on our first morning which really set the mood for a relaxing time.Thanks to all the staff for a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review.

We are very pleased you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and also found time to relax in our wonderful health spa.

Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, I shall pass them on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, feedback is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked this online and did not know what to expect. My daughter and I wanted a quiet break with some pampering. We were not disappointed in any way.
The hotel is lovely. Very clean and all the staff were lovely without exception. Our room was just wonderful with a great sea views.
The spa treatment was bliss. We did book in advance as per the website advice and were glad we did as they were fully booked up.
We were very sad to leave and I would tell you the room number however, it is now OUR room.
The food was lovely and we can recommend afternoon tea in front of the wood burner.
Thank you to all at the Crown for making our 2 night stay just perfect after a very difficult year.
I am now planning the next visit all being well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bumblejoy
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

We are very pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us after a difficult year.

We highly recommend pre-booking for your spa treatments as the spa is extremely popular. Dates often become fully booked and we would like to avoid any disappointment for yourselves. We are happy our informative website was able to help you on this occasion, please do refer to our direct website as it consists of many helpful facts.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa hotel and do hope to welcome you back soon, until then we shall keep the log burner burning brightly for your return.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, your feedback is of great importance and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Kind Regards,

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Service.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Myself and my partner come to scarborough quite alot for a weekend or night away. We have never stayed at the crown spa but love the esplanade area so we decided to give it a go.
All I can say is, we will never be staying anywhere else, the crown spa is the best hotel in Scarborough! The service at the reception is top notch customer service, always there for any queries and very helpful, polite etc.

The room we got was the Comfort King Room and we was amazed how good it really was for the price, top quality value! The spa facilities were one of the best we both been in as well, which made us want to write such a good review as the whole value for the hotel is brilliant.

When we come to Scarborough again we will definately be staying here, and may stay for the weekend and dine with them too.

Also we was a little bit put off by the bad reviews before our stay, but wish we hadnt been put off because we had nothing at all to complain about!

Room Tip: Book a sea view, make it that bit more romantic!
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and also that you found the stay of good value for your money.

Our location is fantastic, being only moments away from the sea front, a five minute walk from the town centre and train station, surrounded by lovely walking routes and scenery.

We do hope you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back. I am pleased the negative comments did not put you off staying, we do take all reviews into great consideration and use them to improve the hotel for our future guests.

Once again thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This stay on 5th jan 2014 was a treat for us, on arrival we went to our room took us a while to figure out the card controlled the electric , the reception staff "Kristyn" I believe was very pleasant, sadly the bathroom was dirty, long black hairs in the bath , water ans soap scum marks on the taps, shower and all steal fittings, the tap was hanging off the wall, the fridge didn't work, cups were dirty and the bedside lamps were thick with dust it was such a shame, I filled in the slip for comments "dear David" had no response and also replied to an email I'm sure this was an isolated incident and we were unlucky nevertheless we weren't acknowledged . As I say such a shame I'm sure if we ever get the opportunity to revisit we won't be so unlucky.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely just check the bathroom before your reception check call
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As always I am disappointed when a customer is unhappy with any aspect of the room we provide. I have looked at the hotel reception log for the 5th and 6th and can see no details of the issues mentioned in this review, we do call all customers within 30 minutes of arrival with a satisfaction check in case there are any issues that may have been overlooked. When we have the opportunity to put any issues right we do our utmost to do this as quickly as possible but I feel on this occasion we were not offered the opportunity to resolve the issues, I also agree that this was an isolated case and that many reviews do comment on the high standard of cleanliness in the hotel.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to better our product for future guests.

Kind Regards

David Chambers / Operations Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel and location are beautiful, on the whole the staff are good although some years it's been a bit hit and miss. We stay in a penthouse/executive room every February when we visit which is just lovely, it has a telescope looking out to sea, a TV over the bath and mood-lighting in the bathroom. Over the years we've stayed in different hotels in Scarborough but none of them are anywhere near up to the standard of this one. It would be nice if loyalty/returning customers could be rewarded though as although we stay every year for my birthday (I used to live in Scarborough) we always have to pay full price for our room and are never offered an upgrade, I don't know how the other reviewers manage it, should we just ask?

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a mostly positive review although it has left me a little confused. When possible we do always try to upgrade regular visitors but if a guest books a room of a higher standard then there are times there isn’t a category of room to upgrade them to.

I do hope that you have booked for your birthday this year and mentioned this at the time of booking, once again thank to for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews to enable us to improve our service for future guests.

Kind regards