“Lovely hotel wouldn't stay anywhere else.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crown Spa Hotel

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel wouldn't stay anywhere else.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I have just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and I must say this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. We got a complimentary upgrade to a sea view executive suite which I must say the views were fantastic!! We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting scarborough. Kind regards Mr & Mrs Stones

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your husband have enjoyed your recent stay with us and on this occasion have received a complimentary upgrade to a sea view room. I would highly recommend booking a sea view room as the views are simply priceless and extremely memorable. The Taste Restaurant is a place to indulge yourself where the food is pure delight using only the very best of local produce. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel.

We do hope that your return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you shall benefit from the advantage offer here. Please feel free to view our spa and romance packages which make your hotel experience extra special. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Polish first
Gloucester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a single night at the hotel and was very impressed with the facilities and decor of the hotel. However my abiding memory will be of the grumpy bar and restaurant staff who apart from from having lost the collective razor were clearly being sponsored not to smile or show any interest in the customers. I have to contrast their demeanour with that of the reception staff who were polite, smiley and helpful.

I hope the staff get a refurbishment that is at least as good as the excellent rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emdb
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
May I first of all say how pleased I am that you enjoyed the facilities and décor of the hotel, but extremely disappointed that some of the bar staff may have appeared grumpy, this is not normally the case as it is often reported on this site how friendly all staff are.

Your review has been printed and placed into the newsletter so that all staff can see the effect it has if proper customer service is not adhered too. The food and beverage manager has also personally spoken to all bar staff with regards to this complaint so that a repeat performance doesn’t happen.

Once again thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to improve the hotel for future guests.

Kind Regards

David Chambers Operations Manager
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My cousin and I stayed at the end of Feb. We received a complimentary upgrade and our room was gorgeous.
The staff couldn't do enough for you. We even had a mud spa treatment.
We enjoyed it so much we're coming back in a few weeks to surprise our mums for their birthday's

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your cousin have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. May I recommend viewing our spa and romance packages which included many added benefits such as chilled wine in your room on arrival, entry into exclusive areas of the spa and much more. The packages ensure your experience is extra special helping you to feel pampered and relaxed.

We do hope that you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back. I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

With Kind Regards,

Cherry Knaggs- Shaw / Customer Services.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I arrived on 15th march and from outside it was so beautiful, walked inside and it just continuded, the facilitys were so nice used them all day, spa, saunas, steam room, foot massages and the jacuzzi, such a lovely place and staff are so friendly next time i will definatly be buying a massage to. Definatly would advise this to anyone, i will be returning

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. I highly recommend viewing our spa and romance packages which include many benefits such as chilled wine in your room on arrival, entry into exclusive areas of the spa and much more. The packages ensure that your experience is extra special and leave you feeling highly indulged.

We do hope that you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you shall benefit from the advantage offer. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

been to this hotel many times over the years lovely food very nice but a think its a bit pricey but ya know what they ya only get what ya pay for will bi goin again this summer we always get room service very nice

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and do hope that you continue to return to the hotel. May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you will benefit from the advantage offer. The advantage offer includes unlimited wifi, 10% discount from your food, spa treatments, laundry and a late check out time of noon.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We visited The Crown Spa for a two night spa break. I had been before and liked it so much I decided to come back with a friend. The spa yet again was faultless and you never felt herded through. The only slight issue we had was a fuse went in the room one morning but the staff came up immediately and had it sorted quickly. I would recommend paying the extra to have the Spa 2 package as the mud rasul is a wonderful treatment. It is pricey and I booked this break well in advance to get a good deal. My only slight niggle is that I have now had two meals from the restaurant and both I found to be a little on the bland side. But other than that this hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: I don't think a sea view is worth it but do book a superior room for the added extras. It is we...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Southern_Lass1981
Thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your friend have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. In order to feel extra pampered and rejuvenated I recommend pre-booking spa treatments with our highly qualified and experienced spa therapists.

We do hope that you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back, may I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you shall benefit from the advantage offer, including unlimited wifi, discounts from your food and more.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here as part of a 'couple's package' and got a very good rate with a huge room, mood-lit bathroom and access to the Spa downstairs. The rooms are massive, with all the amenities required, the bathroom was spotless with a relaxing shower and plenty of fluffy towels and gowns. We treat ourselves to room service and enjoyed a selection of plates, all of which were filling and tasty (and at a decent price as well). The room had a selection of literature which had some good recommendations for the surrounding area as well.

The staff were all really helpful and friendly, and the hotel had good on-road parking available (just ask the reception staff for a permit).

The Spa was surprisingly good, with a gym area, a separate pool and large Jacuzzi as well as the spa area itself with a selection of 3 or 4 steam and sauna rooms. It's a nice way to spend a couple of hours if it's a bit rubbish outside.

The hotel sits right on the cliff front overlooking the sea and is a very impressive building in itself. The location is great if you’re steady on your legs as it's a fairly steep climb from either the town or the beach front. There is a longer, sloping path from the beach front but I imagine it would take ages to reach the hotel if you were in a wheelchair or found walking difficult.

The hotel also has a nice bar area with outdoor seating, and there's a selection of eateries and pubs just a few minutes’ walk along the cliff top that offer cheaper food and drink if you're watching your spending.

To get into town and to the main attractions, it's only a 20 minute walk max with great views all the way, and on the warmer days, the beach quickly gets busy, but seems quieter on the beach around the hotel which is good!

Great treat if you fancy spending a weekend break by the sea.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea would be better, as the rear of the building is nothing special.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. May I advise the size of the hotel rooms do vary due to the age of the building, being the oldest purpose built hotel in our coastal resort. Many of the original architectural features are still in their prime.

With Kind Regards,

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Service.