“Crown spa Scarborough”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed at crown spa 2 nights very posh luxury hotel on the seafront the very best in scarborough .the staf were friendly very polite the food was excellent we ad sea view room with large balcony .room was spacious big tv bed to match dressing table chairs telescope to look out over sea &harbour ,,,, hotel ad gym pamper rooms swimming pool you name it ..... .our Bathroom was top class 1st class everything . 10 out of 10

Room Tip: 10 min walk into town excellent hotel with excellent views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan O
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and you partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone where you can benefit from the advantage offer including a late check out time of noon, unlimited wif, 10% discount from your food and more. May I also recommend viewing our romance packages which ensure that your experience is made extra special.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Traveled as a family and although we booked late we had two rooms together with an interconnecting door.
The rooms were a good size with plenty of storage space including a couple of chairs so you could stair out at the sea view.
En suite was also of a good size with a good shower.

Included in the package was continental breakfast. This consisted of the usual ham, cheese, fruit (fresh and tinned), yogurts, pastries, cereals, juice, bread.

Whilst this was a good choice I think there should be a better choice of meat, (only ham provided) and also a bigger choice of bread. Sliced bread and an uncut loaf were the only choices.. maybe a few rolls etc would be a good addition.

One thing I did notice was that when the tables were cleaned up some waiters just brushed the debris off the table which then landed on the chairs and floors. It is a simple matter to brush debris onto a plate or into the hand. This would help keep chairs and floors cleaner.(This isn't the first hotel/restaurant I've seen this)

All the staff were excellent and friendly. I would like to thank one member of staff(didn't get his name) who set up a mini crazy golf and skittles in a function room for our two grandchildren. He also put on the disco lights and kids music. Thanks for that.
Overall an excellent stay

Room Tip: Sea room comes provided with telescope
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments and feedback onto the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As a valued customer you are our number one priority and we wish to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, even if it does involve crazy golf and skittles!

We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. I would always recommend booking a sea view as the views are simply breath taking. May I also recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone where you can benefit from the advantage offer including a late check out of noon, unlimited wifi, 10% discount from your food and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a find. We had a dreadful start to our mini-break and hadn't been to Scarborough before. We had booked into the Maynard Hotel and checked out after an hour as it was so dreadful. We were lucky to find the Crown Spa. We were desperate to stay there and luckily they had a double room suite with seaview. It was beautiful, fresh, clean, newly decorated and luxurious. The staff were exceptional and couldn't do enough for us. After we checked in the called the room to see if we were happy with it. The bathroom was lovely, the lobby and lounge were beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel, it must be the best in Scarborough

Room Tip: Choose a room with a Seaview it even comes with a telescope!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

May I first of all thank you for writing a positive review.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate event before finding The Crown Spa Hotel, however I am pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to salvage your mini-break! Maybe next time you would like to try a Feature Deluxe room with a sea view, balcony and the choice of enjoying continental breakfast on your balcony whilst watching the beautiful sunrise ahead of you. A perfect way to start the day.

I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at the hotel, we would look forward to welcoming you back in the future. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you benefit from the advantage offer.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and on both occasions the service has been great. Definitely stay again. The rooms are well presented with great free wifi. They even give you real coffee in your room! The food is great and the service is excellent. Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy T

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope that you continue to return to the hotel and we would look forward to welcoming you back. We are lucky as the hotel is in such a brilliant location and if the weather is not on your side you are able to indulge yourself in the health spa which you receive full use of when your a guest with us.

I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you benefit from the advantage offer including unlimited wifi, a late check out time, 10% off your food and more.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here at the end of march 2014 for two nights, on the first night we found we had a leak in the bathroom, it wasnt a problem but we reported it to reception the next day, they upgraded us to one of the new rooms on the top floor for free and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine.

I recommend booking the new rooms upstairs on the top floor ( Executive King) as they are much nicer and cooler, The comfort king room we had to begin with was very very hot!

The hotel overall is lovely, the staff are fantastic and the spa is great!! We will defo visit again!!

Thanks Crown Spa for an excellent weekend away!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for informing reception of the leak as we are then able to resolve the issue and ensure that your stay is made enjoyable with us. The Executive rooms are highly recommended with the latest technology including a television over your bath, a ceiling fan and more. For the other rooms fans are available on request.

We do hope that you return to the hotel and as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you will benefit from the advantage offer including a later check out, unlimited wifi, 10% discount from your food and more.

I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Been to this hotel twice now with my fiancé and we really like it! Stayed in both basic room and exec room and I actually prefer the basic! Great for parking as they give you a free pass to park on the road and both times we've got straight outside the door! Fantastic views and great setting just a few minutes walk from the town and sea front. Gym and spa area are great and are included in your stay with towels provided and definitely worth using after a long days walking! I'd really recommend this hotel and my mum and dad are planning to go this summer.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becca G

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope that your return to the hotel and would also look forward to welcoming your mum and dad. May I recommend viewing our spa and romance packages which ensure that your experience is made extra special.

I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great important to us. I would advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you will benefit from our advantage offer which includes 10% discount from your food, spa treatments, laundry, unlimited wifi and a late check out time of noon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel to the final check-out, the staff were friendly and courteous. Our room was spacious, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The attention to detail (it was our Golden Wedding Anniversary), was amazing. We had Sparkling wine on ice, chocolates, rose petals scattered on the bed and an anniversary card from the hotel staff! Continental breakfast in bed on the first morning was a decadent luxury. The weather during our stay was rather bleak and the room was a warm and comfortable haven to return to. We didn't use any of the Spa facilities so cannot comment. I would recommend trying to get room 102, with it's sea view and balcony, I am also very pleased that we pre-booked a space in the hotel car park as the streets surrounding were usually choc-a-block. We certainly look forward to a return visit to the magnificent Crown Spa Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

May I thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us and congratulations on your golden wedding anniversary! We are extremely lucky to be in such a fabulous location however in the event of bleak weather I would highly recommend visiting our health spa. The spa has a serene atmosphere leaving you feeling pampered, relaxed and revitalised. Alternatively if you are feeling energetic and want to take some exercise without the hassle of going outdoors, we have this covered to. I would advise pre-booking any spa treatments as the qualified spa therapists are extremely popular.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us. We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. Please book through our direct website or over the telephone if you would like to benefit from the advantage offer.