“Fantastic classy hotel”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for our 30th Anniversary night.We booked a room on the 5th floor with sea views to die for. Two large windows.Two comfy chairs which could be placed near the window to see right down the coast.The king sized bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean.The furnishings were contemporary and stylish.There was an iron and ironing board,a very decent hair dryer, a fridge,large tv and nice hospitality tray.The weather was warm but there was a lovely big romote controlled ceiling fan.The lighting in both bedroom and bathroom was excellent, and the coloured mood lighting was a romantic touch,especially in the bathroom which had a lovely big bath with central tap and tv on the wall.
All the rooms we saw were really nice and clean. We didn't use the restaurant and didn't have time to use the Spa, which we could have used from 11am the day we booked in, so we will just have to go back and do it all again.
All in all we had a great experience at the Crown Spa, so thankyou to the friendly and efficient staff and we look forward to another visit soon.

Room Tip: Executive room on 5th floor with sea view.Had wanted a balcony really but were pleased we booked thi...
1  Thank PollyannaEngland
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

May I first of all say congratulations on 30 years of marriage and hope that you have many more happy years to follow.

I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay and found everything to your satisfaction, it is always satisfying when any customer points out that all of the hard work we put into the hotel is noticed.

I will pass on your positive comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer. I do hope that either a future anniversary or trip to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

Once again thank you for taking time to leave feedback as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to help us improve the hotel for future guests.

There are newer reviews for The Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stopped for the weekend, found the hotel staff very welcoming and helpful, the hotel itself is well kept on the parts we saw with large bedrooms, we booked a romance break and found the excellent with lovely sea views and a balcony to enjoy our breakfast on, the food was excellent and surprisingly not too expensive.

1  Thank trjohn
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the hotel and staff to be welcoming. Nothing pleases myself and the staff more than when a guest leaves the hotel having had a wonderful stay.

I will pass on your comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted that we once again have another satisfied customer. I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just come back from a night in the Crown Spa Hotel in Scarborough. What a fantastic experience. Having stayed at other Spa hotels in the area, I would suspect we will now be using this hotel as a first choice. We looked at the hotel online briefly before setting off and even checked the live camera link to check the weather out, great idea.

We arrived at the hotel without having booked in advance as we weren't sure we were definitely going over to Scarborough until the last minute. The receptionist who dealt with my booking was not only very helpful but exremely professional and efficient, sorry I should have taken your name as good service ahould always be praised - hence my desire to leave good feedback. Anyway we stayed in room 322 which was a glorious sea facing mini suite. We could not have been more impressed with the room...it even had a telescope for bird watching!!!What a fantastic idea, especially as it was glorious weather this morning. We even received a call from reception about 15 mins approximately after entering thecroom to check we were happy with the room, of course we were delighted and once again a very nice touch. The room was spotless, and a lot of thought put into useful items such as a bix of toys,books and films for kids, there was even a box under the tv which had every type of connection you could possibly want to the tv.
The bathroom was spotless too with a huge bath with a waterfall tap and central plughole to save any arguments lol, it even had romantic moodlighting.
My only minor quibble would be that our toilet constantly sounded like the cistern was filling up, although with the bathroom and bedroom doors shut it didnt disturb us in the night.
All in all we had a very pleasant stay at the hotel, all the little touches made a huge difference, Im hoping we will return again next month for our anniversary :-)

Room Tip: Absolutely recommend a sea view if possible - you will not be disappointed. Weather permitting obvio...
1  Thank Michaela S
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review with regards to the hotels features and the staff. It is always nice when the extra touches that we provide are noticed and nothing pleases us more than when a customer leaves the hotel having had an enjoyable stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to improve the Crown experience for future guests.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were informed we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite. It was on the 5th floor but well worth the trek. The view was fantastic & the room was spacious. The bathroom had a built in TV & coloured lights. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The only fault we found was that we couldn't switch off the large fan/light, even though we tried every switch in the room. Eventually we made a phonecall to reception who advised us to use a small remote control on the side. We ate in the restaurant & would definitely recommend it. We had to book a table as it was quite full but found the prices were competitive.Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the penthouse suite as the views are amazing.

Nothing pleases us more than when a customer leaves the hotel having had an enjoyable stay. I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer and thank you for posting the lovely photographs. I do look forward to you visiting the Crown again in the not too distant future as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel has a prime site in Scarborough, commending views over the South Bay down to the harbour. The welcome is very warm, the prices reasonable, the facilities are excellent and the room that we had, though not large was certainly adequate with a good bathroom. We enjored our stay. Only 2 minor quibbles mean that I don't give the full 5 and these may not matter to you. No loo brush in the bathroom and the full English breakfast was disappointing (no connection!) for the extra £5. I'd go for the full price Continental breakfast next time which was first rate. There will be a next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed room 114 the views are amazing and nothing is more relaxing than sitting on the balcony on a warm summers day.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in a beautiful room overlooking Scarborough Bay. We had a room on the first floor at the front of the hotel (room 114). Amazing luxury!! Spotlessly clean, comfortable, small fridge (which was very useful) and a very comfortable bed, arm chairs, dining table and chairs, and even an electric coal effect fire, which we didn't need I might add! There is a small balcony with two chairs so you can sit and look over the bay and watch the world go by. We had continental breakfast which was the only thing which we were a little disappointed with as it was supposed to be served until 11.00 a.m.but when we went down just before 10.00 a.m.we found that everything had been picked over and not replenished. The hot food tray was almost empty and the food looked like it had been there for some time. However, I must say on our last morning (Thursday) everything looked so much better as we were a little earlier!!! When I informed the receptionist she said we should have informed them but it is not our way to make a fuss. All in all a good stay and we would go there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of hotel for the excellent view.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Ok for holidays, forget it for business. Cancellation charged at full b&b rate despite not full and apparently all in terms and conditions not received by me. Hard sell of restaurant. New rooms but not built to last. Would not recommend. Stay at the Beiderbeck instead for a much friendlier experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Pete W
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I do however feel that I should point out the following.

The reservation that was made on your behalf was a negotiated corporate rate for a company that we do a great deal of business with, therefore they have the terms and conditions that go along with this favourable rate.

The sales manager has spoken to the booking agent with regards to this review as I feel that had they relayed the correct details to you with regards to the terms and conditions then this negative review may not have been placed.

Offering the reduced rate that we do for corporate clients there is no way that we can just allow people to cancel on the day without penalty.

I know that you didn’t want to hear this on the day and probably don’t now but the policy does need to be adhered to as to enable us to offer the favourable rates.

David Chambers / Operations Manager