The Crown Spa Hotel
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
US$105
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$132
Priceline
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$146
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,042 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomreception staffstreet parkingshort breaklovely roomtop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were impressed by the size and comfort of our sea-view room on the third floor. There is no air conditioning, but one of the windows could be opened wide enough to get some fresh sea air into the room. The situation, (on the top of the south cliff) is quiet and genteel, but as a result it is quite a steep path down to the beach. The initial greeting at the front desk was a little underwhelming, but efficient. Only continental breakfast was included in our B&B room rate and It's an extra £5 for full English and other hot breakfast options. I didn't have a problem with this policy and it was clearly indicated by the friendly wait-staff and in the menu. Parking - there is a drop-off area outside the entrance but street parking around the hotel can be tricky at weekends. The staff can provide a free permit if you can find a space! However there is also a pay and display car park a short walk away (which is not covered by the permit). We didn't have an opportunity to use the leisure facilities. I think this is the only 4 star hotel in the centre of Scarborough, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are large and well appointed.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLG29
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and managment at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. I would highly recommend visiting the health spa upon your next visit. The health spa and gymnasium is award winning and deffinatly an escape from the everyday life. I would recommend pre-booking any spa treatments as the therapists are popular. You are able to veiw spa and romance packages on our direct website, the packages ensure that your experience is extra special.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests. May I suggest that reception is made aware of any issues at the time of your stay, for example, if you are to warm in the room we can provide fans on request. As a valued customer you are our number one priority and we wish to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night on 20th June 2014 for my husbands birthday. We were welcomed and informed we had been given an upgrade to superior room, what a lovely surprise. We went into the spa and thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing stay. We didnt eat in the hotel however we had a drink in the bar and found the prices extremely reasonable for a 4* hotel, we were able to park outside the hotel and given a complementary 4 day parking voucher.The only thing we didnt like were the pillows and noisy guests. Thankyou for a lovely stay

Room Tip: 215, however this is not a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn16_11
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your husband have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We are also pleased that on this occasion you had received a complimentary room upgrade, however I would always recommend booking a sea view room as the view of the harbour and bay is simply not something that you should have to miss.

May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. Please ensure that the reception are made aware of any issues at the time of your stay, as we are happy to provide alternative pillows and investigate any noises through the night.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights with my partner, room was at the end of the corridor so no noise from other guests. Bathroom was great although bath is a little on the small side. Bed was great but pillows were terrible. Room temperature was a little warm but it was a warm weekend. Close to everything and staff were helpful when asked for directions etc. Continental breakfast was ok. One of the best hotels we have stayed in

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lottismum

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As a valued customer you are our number one priority and we wish to help in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. May I recommend that the reception is made aware of any issues at the time of your stay so that we are able to resolve the issues with immediate effect.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. I highly recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. May I advise viewing our spa and romance packages which ensure that your experience will be extra special.

Thank you again for taking the time to leaved feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, hotel is ok , for me just makes a 4 star. We had an exec room with sea view. Windows hadn't been cleaned in ages loads do sea gull droppings on the windows. Room itself was ok but soundproofing is poor. The dressing gowns have a large plastic security tag on them, they're not exactly top quality. Resturaunt and staff were ok but need to get quicker at clearing table, we ate our whole breakfast surrounded by other peoples leftovers. Could do with more seating I the lounge it can get busy. Spa is great . My biggest issue is £10 per night to park in the car park !! They do give you a free vouchers to park on the street but try finding a place!!! I. I would stay again is there are not many 4 star around.

Room Tip: Try to pre book parking but remember it costs!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

May I firstly thank you for writing a mostly positive review.

I shall pass your feedback on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. May I recommend that the reception are made aware of any issues at the time of your stay so that we are able to resolve them with immediate effect. As you are a valued customer, you are our number one priority and we wish to help in making your experience as enjoyable as possible. Regarding the parking around the hotel, we are able to supply you with a complimentary permit for this. The permit covers a 25 street radius and allows you to leave your vehicle in the same place for the full duration of your stay. The receptionists will be happy to show you on a map this radius and advise on where you are most likely to find a space during busy periods.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. I highly recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay t this wonderful hotel which is well deserving of 4 stars.The rooms are clean comfortable and well appointed with pristine linen and spotless bathrooms. The attention to detail is exceptional right down to the robe provided for guests during their stay. The hairdryer was new the toiletries are of good quality. Provision for tea and coffee was plentiful. The staff were all very friendly and helpful - a special thanks to David and James for their service behind the bar and serving food. Checking in and out was a pleasant experience as the young ladies were very friendly and helpful. The pool and spa are wonderful for chilling out. A great big thank you for a very pleasant stay. Well done - you are the pride of Scarborough x

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us, I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As a valued customer you are our absolute number one priority and we would like to help in making your experience as enjoyable as possible.The various rooms in the hotel offer both modern and traditional styles depending on your personal preference.

May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as we are able to advise you on a room type whilst receiving the advantage package. This includes unlimited wi fi, a late check out time of noon, 10% discount from your food and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests. We do hope that you continue to return as we would look forward to welcoming you back.