I stayed at the Crown Spa for business and was there for a week. My first experience at this hotel, and am trying to find any excuse with work to go back.
On arrival, the reception staff were friendly and explained the hotel and its amenities clearly. When I arrived at my room I was taken aback by how beautiful the room was. I stayed on the fifth floor with a view across the Scarborough mainland which was really nice (the room even came with a telescope to take in the scenery). The room was beautifully furnished and presented. I was particularly impressed by the technology and power inputs dotted all over the room This included:
- power sockets by the bed (this tends to be a pet peeve of mine at most hotels where the nearest socket is nowhere near the bed)
- USB power sockets
- AUX input for the bathroom so you can listen to music (nice touch)
- HDMI/PC input for the TV
- TV above the bathtub
The tea/coffee making facilities had lots on offer, including the use of a cafetiere, and the bathroom was always refilled with toiletries for your use.
I had read on other reviews that the rooms do get extremely warm, however the remote-controlled fan helped to balance the temperature.
The full breakfast in the morning has a wide choice of made-to-order options, and was very tasty, with attentive waiters on hand. The Taste restaurant in the hotel continued that same level of quality food and service, with a wide range of options to choose from. The Peppered Beef salad, and Lamb Rump were my particular favourites.
In all, the Crown Spa has been my most pleasant stay in any hotel I have been to, and recommend it to anyone, whether it be for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Spa Hotel, Scarborough's first hotel built in 1845. The interior of the Crown still contains many of the original architectural features which is why it is often featured in many film and television productions. Along with an excellent restaurant the hotel includes the Crown Spa catering for spa treatments and health club facilities including 40ft pool, large Jacuzzi, 5 heat experience rooms and well appointed gym and studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Crown Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel Scarborough
- Crown Spa Scarborough
- Scarborough Hotel Crown