“Crown Spa Scaborough”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Once again my husband and I stayed in the hotel. We just love it, the staff are very welcoming and we know so many of them as we have stayed there so many times over the past 3 years. For us the location is perfect as our son and family live nearby and feel free to pop into see us . Indeed it is so welcoming that our little granddaughter treats the hotel as hers.!!! We had an upgrade this time, thank you David and have to say it was excellent. We loved the fan on the roof , the spaciousness of the room and the TV in the bathroom. The room as usual was spotlessly clean, with lots of lovely coffee, tea bags and biscuits, the housekeeping staff as usual were just wonderful. We found all the staff very professional, helpful and obliging . I was a little dismayed to discover that the light bites menu had changed, if I got it right. We had an evening meal there and have to compliment the staff who catered so well for little Sophie ensuring she got her meal as quickly as possible. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Thanks to all the staff and will see you in October. Already made our booking.

Room Tip: We do have a favourite room, on floor 3 , forgotten which number, but the staff know which one it is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your recent stay with us and I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We are pleased that on this occasion you had received a complimentary upgrade, as you are a valued customer, you are our absolute number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. We do hope that you continue to return and we will look forward to welcoming you back in October.

The Light bight menu is now combined with the restaurant menu and is available all day however we would recommend booking from 6pm; alternatively for a less informal dining option you may enjoy coffee and light meals on the sun terrace.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spent just 2 days at the hotel and didn't move more than one street away.
It is so relaxing and comfortable, the facilities are brilliant and the staff are warm and welcoming, they could not do enough for us.
This is what I would call an adults hotel, Calm and friendly.
The pool spa and sauna are an added FREE bonus.
We will be back for a longer stay very soon.

Room Tip: Try get a balcony room if possible.

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. The rooms that have a balcony are the Deluxe Feature rooms which come with a Sea View and Balcony. They are beautiful with a touch of opulence, full French windows lead out to the balcony area where you can sit and watch the world go by!

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. I would also advise viewing our spa and romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is made extra special.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stay here every October for our Annervarsary, always have a lovely time and relax in the spa. We have a light stroll down the front and order midnight room service. Very romantic place for us and would reccomend to anyone.

Restaurant serves nice food and not that overpriced for the quality your getting.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we would like to congratulate you both on your anniversary! I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. The Hotel is renowned for its good food. Using the very best of local produce the Taste Restaurant offers fine dining and quality cuisine ranging from smart casual to formal.

We do hope that you continue to return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. May I also advise viewing our spa and romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is extra special.

With kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel in ideal position for walking in Scarborough. Parking (as usual) can be a problem unless you book and reserve a place at the hotel for an expensive £10 per night. Staff very friendly and helpful (except for 1 grumpy breakfast room manager). Hotel clean and well equipped. Rooms are well furnished and you get super bay views if you are on the front. Beds comfy and bathrooms with mood lighting are quirky. Hotel could do with some ventilation on the upper floors as it does get quite warm and stuffy with no air flow.

Room Tip: gtry and get one on the front, you'll appreciate the views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We are extremely lucky to be in such a lovely location, being able to park your car at The Hotel and visit the centre and foreshore being a five minute walk away. There are many activities for all ages including miniature golf, amusements, Peasholm boating lake, museums and more. In addition to the private car park we can supply you with a complimentary permit; this covers the local area and ensures that you can leave your car in the same space for your full stay.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Returned after 3 years away and we weren't disappointed. The room was perfect for the 3 of us, the beds were comfy and you can't beat the sea views. The pool was nice and warm in the spa and the buffet breakfast did the job. My only quibble would be the £195 for 1 night which to be honest is a bit toppy for what is a 4 * hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank davehelen1709

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are extremely lucky to be in such a fantastic location, there is plenty to do for all ages in the local area. The hotel is only five minutes from the town centre, foreshore and is surrounded by beautiful scenery and walking routes.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope that you continue to return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon checkout, 10% discount from your food and more.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel July 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. The room and hotel facilities were excellent and the staff were cheerful and always happy to help.

The spa facilities were a real highlight including an excellent gym, swimming pool, sauna, hot spa, steam room etc. The use of this added to an extremely pleasant few days.

The hotel is close to the town centre and promenade so all in all an excellent choice of hotel for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Chris N
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your wife have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. May I recommend viewing the spa and romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is extra special.

We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. I advise booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon checkout, 10% discount from your food and more.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and my husband came and stayed at the start of July for 3 nights and we weren't disappointed clean comfortable and very large room. Stunning views. Staff were friendly and would do anything to make ur stay enjoyable. We had a treatment in the spar and used the ice room sauna n steam room it was bliss would recommend

1  Thank katiebecca
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I advise viewing our spa and romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is extra special. I would also advise booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon checkout, 10% discount from your food, treatments and more.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.