“Relaxing Break”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just wanted to get away for a few days and relax which we were able to do at the Crown Spa. Paid extra for a superior room which was very comfortable and took full advantage of the spa facilities. Staff were all lovely from reception, restaurant house keeping and bar. Quite pricey but great for a treat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your partner have made good use of the spa facilities and also enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Crown Spa is the only Four Star Coastal Hotel in Scarborough and the East Coast. The hotel is the oldest purpose built hotel in our coastal resort, with many original architectural features still in their prime. The loca-tion is fantastic, being set above the town on a quiet esplanade, however only a short five minute walk from the town centre and the foreshore.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. As valued customers, you are our number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the Advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a late checkout time, 10% discount from food and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just stayed here for one night and service and standard of hotel was impeccable. Lovely welcome at Reception. Nice feel to the Lobby area. Free upgrade to a top floor penthouse room 554. Very roomy, very clean, very well equipped - bathroom was fab even had TV built into the wall to watch whilst having a bath. Scarborough is a lovely place to explore and this hotel is the perfect place to start. Look forward to returning myself!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bobbex65

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your recent stay with us and had also received a complimentary upgrade on this occasion. The Executive rooms are extremely popular, giving that little extra Va Va Voom to this already luxurious Four Star Hotel. The Executive rooms are also available with a beautiful view of the harbour and bay. Scarborough is a wonderful place and we are lucky to be in such a perfect location.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the Advantages. This includes unlimited wifi, a late checkout time, 10% discount from your food and more.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a three night stay at the Crown Spa Hotel. We were staying in Scarborough for a wedding and decided to treat ourselves to a spa hotel. The check in and service were excellent and staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was great and the bed was very comfy so I slept very well. The only negative I would say about the room was the cleanliness - there were a lot of cobwebs and the bathroom wasn't as clean as I have experienced at other hotels. The spa was also very good and I took advantage of two treatments. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we go back to Scarborough. Our overall experience was excellent and we felt very refreshed when we left. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Paying for a sea view is worth it.
1  Thank AGDAHOLS

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your partner are feeling refreshed and have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Sometimes, nothing but expert pampering will do! The first class therapists hold years of experience, being extremely popular, please try to pre-book the treatments to avoid any disappointment. May I also suggest viewing our spa and romance packages which include many extras, such as chilled wine for your arrival, rose petals upon the bed and many other benefits, ensuring that your experience is extra special.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the Advantages, giving you 10% discount from treatments, food and more. Regarding the cleanliness of the room, please ensure to make reception aware of any issues at the time of your stay. We are eager to resolve any issue as we do wish to make your experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We paid extra for a room with a balcony and a sea view and it was well worth it. The room was large, well equipped and extremely quiet which meant we had a really good nights sleep. Minor downside was that there was no "proper" soap in the bathroom and no bottled water in the room. Book direct with hotel for Direct Advantage deal including unlimited wifi (otherwise just get 2 hrs in 24hrs) and 10% off food.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a balcony and a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a mostly positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. The Deluxe Feature rooms with Sea View and Balcony have a touch of opulence, with stunning sea views over the wonderful south bay and full length French windows lead to the balcony area where you can sit and watch the world go by!

We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. As a valued guest you are our number one priority and we would like to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Please ensure to make reception aware of any issues at the time of your stay and we will be more than happy to help resolve any issues.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I just had most Lovely stay at crown I have been to crown before but it just got much better my seven day stay wost fabulous then yes will come back did like to stay at royal hotel but not no more it just a dup then it big let down scabough then I love crown the hotel moment walk vip treatment can so say that food fist class then much nice get served with very very class cooked berkfast yes will coming it nice well maintained you keep the hotel big take you all the staff for making my holiday so nice then from miss victoria Jane twibell x

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank twibell109

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As a valued guest with us you are our number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.

May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon check out, 10% discount from your food and more. May I also suggest viewing our spa treatment menu, the therapists are first class with years of experience. The therapists will make the minute you walk in, to the minute you walk out, a stress free experience that will make you never want to leave.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place ooozes class.... the overall feel of the place is fantastic.

The staff are 2nd to none I've encountered before......I made on error with my booking......they couldnt have been more helpful and accommodating and even found a room upgrade !!

The location and feel of the place is fantastic, we only stayed the one night but tghat was enough for this place to get our custom again and I'm sure again!

A great breakfast to set us in our way..... A yorkshireman in yorkshire.....NOWT BETTER!

2  Thank Muzworker

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We are also pleased that on this occasion you had received a complimentary upgrade, however, I would always recommend booking a Sea View room. The View across the harbour is beautiful and you may even catch the sun rising above the horizon ahead, with the addition of a telescope to explore the view further.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to giving you a warm Yorkshire welcome! May I advise booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer which includes unlimited wifi, a noon check out, 10% discount from your food and more. May I also suggest viewing our spa and romance packages, which are extremely popular and ensure that your experience is made extra special.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Crown Spa hotel with my husband and 7 month old baby. The hotel has a lovely frontage and sea views from front. Parking proved a problem but the porter was most helpful with all our bags ( can't travel light with a baby) to our room. Check in was fine, staff were very help given a free 12pm check out. Our room was very modern on the 5 the floor although very warm throughout the 2nights. There was a fridge which was very useful. Cleanliness proved poor in the room, appeared to never been dusted for some time, mirrors and glass dirty. The windows sills were also dirty and the bathroom was greasy and and I thought this would be standard housekeeping and surely a room would be dusted after the person has left.
Staff were very nice and accommodating with us and our baby especially with the pram. Breakfast was good, certainly enough for us to choose from. Dinner was ok not really wow factor, the menu options were very fancy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn123_11
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am always disappointed when any of our customers are not happy with any aspect of their stay. The housekeeping department do have all rooms inspected and all rooms are called on the day of arrival with a satisfaction check so any issues that may arise can be resolved.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to improve the experience for future guests.

Kind Regards