The Crown Spa Hotel
US$207
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
US$92
US$89
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$137
Weston Hotel(Scarborough)
US$154
US$108
PremierInn.com
5,067 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomreception staffstreet parkingshort breaklovely roomtop floor
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of times and will definitely be going back excellent hotel our room/rooms perfect and the staff perfect come rain or shine we shall be staying here again the breakfast is great such a good choice and the hotel bar is not expensive,the staff go out of there way to help and they sent us a box of chocolates/card for our engagement the hotel and all the staff made our holiday just perfect

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Transportdonkey
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we would like to congratulate you both on your recent engagement. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Rain or Shine there are many activities in the surrounding area that are suitable for all ages. If the weather is not on your side then remember you do receive full use of the award winning health spa and gymnasium. I recommend pre-booking any spa treatments as they are popular. In addition to this we also offer spa and romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is extra special.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the Advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a late checkout, 10% discount from your food and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very rude staff and management. stuck up and always problems. cameras watching your every move they take money from your card with out your consent,and when you ask why they say you had more breakfast then you are entitled. no hot water for bath.just dam right rude we have spent a lot of money here stayed on several occasions but you are made to feel uncomfortable we will never stay here ever again we have found much better hotel staff friendly never any problems cheaper and made to feel very comfortable STAY AT THE AMBASSADER HOTEL INSTEAD.

Room Tip: don't bother book another hotel the staff are terrible the spa always a problem
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PAUL B
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

May I first of all say how disappointed I am at the allegations you have made towards the hotel and staff. With a complaint so serious I am confused as to why you haven’t asked to speak to myself or any other managers during your stay. I am extremely sorry that any customer would choose not to return to the Crown but do feel that if any issues are brought to our attention we will resolve them.

I do hope that anyone that reads this review will read the hundreds of positive reviews on this site and visit the hotel for yourself to se what a great place the Crown is.

Kind Regards

David Chambers Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent one night at the Crown Spa and I wish we had stayed longer. We were in a sea view balcony room and it was well worth the extra cost. I didn't even want to leave our room, it was so beautiful. We had dinner and coffee on the balcony. The express breakfast is plenty of food for breakfast and much quicker and less crowded. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a sea view balcony room. Well worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. The Deluxe Feature rooms are very beautiful and also have the use of a telescope so that you can explore the view further. You may sit on your balcony and watch the world go by!

We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the Advantage package. This includes unlimited wifi, a late checkout, 10% discount from your food and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to leaved feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed in the Crown Spa Hotel before, back in May 2012. At that time I said it was good but needed improving, giving it 3/5 as a score. I think it’s interesting how things have changed since then.

The parking has not improved, on street parking is at a premium especially when the Spa is open, the hotel car park in very limited in size and you need to pre-book parking. I managed to get in.

Previously I stated that the staff were great, I cannot say they this has changed but the number of them seems to be lacking. On check-in there was only one person managing the office and the reception, not a major issue as she dealt with me as quickly and efficiently as she could.

The hotel still seems a bit tired; the decoration is quite traditional and not really to my liking but that said it’s not bad. The lobby area is quite nice but it’s when you go into the other areas of the hotel the carpets seemed to need a bit of love and the other fixtures and fittings are quite scruffy.

The room was OK but was it 4 star? Erm... no. The weather was good and the fact that there was no form of air conditioning meant that the window needed to be left open all night to get any cooling or air circulation. This was annoying as there was quite a bit of noise from the local traffic and the seagulls wouldn’t shut up either. The window itself was a single large sash which overlooked the flat roof at the back of the property. I was surprised this window would open fully and had no safety features as the wall below it was quite small (18”) and hardly a significant barrier to a small child, to be this is an accident waiting to happen as it would result in a 20ft drop.

The room was OK, clean and tidy. Seemed to have a large number of wall socket which is amazing as its usually the other way round. The idea of have USB charge points for your phone is great, just a pity they didn’t work. Previously I mentioned that having free wi-fi was great as Im a business traveller, its a shame that they now only given 2 hours free after which point you have to pay unproportionate amounts for this service.

The biggest issue I had was with the bathroom. They have opted for a wet-room style shower and well as a bath. The shower drains straight onto the floor with the drain being slightly recessed. The big issue here is that the shower was immediately to your right when entering the bathroom which meant that if you have used it your feet would be wet every time you went in there, not really a great idea.

The second issue I had with the shower was that it didn’t work - no hot water to be exact. I phoned down to reception but after waiting over a minute for a response I gave up and decided a more invigorating cold shower would do, possibly a good thing as the room was like a sauna. I complained on my way out that evening and to be fair the shower was repaired before I got back to the hotel.

I cannot comment on the breakfast as this time I took the advice form a couple of other guests and did not have it. Maybe that in itself is a review.
Check out was OK, I find it odd that I was not asked about my stay and if everything was OK, perhaps they knew the answer. I left not displeased but nor was impressed.

I have filled out the survey form sent but no response after several days.

Room Tip: Not near the back overlooking the car park and flat roof.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Unfortunately during the height of the season parking at the Crown along with parking in Scarborough is at a premium, this is something I am sure people would understand at a coastal seasonal resort at the height of the summer. Around 100 metres away there is a council car park with over 100 spaces and I have yet to see this car park full. Also as you have stated parking can be booked directly at the hotel.

I am delighted that you still feel that the staff are great but must disagree that there are less, there may have only been one member of staff on the front desk but I can assure you that the number of staff in the office behind has increased and these staff have CCTV coverage and will move onto the front desk as and when needed.

The hotel is a grade 2 listed building and yes you are correct it is quite traditional, I am sorry that the décor is not to your liking but feel that the majority of customers that visit are more than happy with what they find on arrival, we employ two full time decorators who are constantly working on the appearance of the hotel and I do feel that this is something that they are achieving.

I am sorry that I must disagree with you regarding the rooms and whether or not they are of a four star standard, we are inspected annually by the AA who award the rating system and I am always happy to show them any room that they like and have done this now for the last 7 years whilst the hotel has had a four star rating. Unfortunately this morning at 4.30am I was awoken by the seagulls at home in my own bed which is one of the issues that we have living in a coastal resort. The room you are describing was not a family room so was not fitted with a window restraint, all family rooms do have these and this only allows windows to be opened 100mm.

WiFi is limited to 2 hours unless you book direct with the hotel or on our website using our advantages code, I must however disagree that the costs are unproportionate as I too do travel on baseness and have yet to see a competitor hotel offer broadband at the speed the crown does for £1.50 for 8 hours £3.00 for 24 hours or £10 for a 10 day unlimited pass

I am sorry that the reception team were not able to answer the phone in that minute that you called this is not the norm but i can assure you that had you been a little more patient they would have answered and as you saw once that the issue was reported the shower was fixed.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve the hotel and I feel that this is something that we do achieve and is visible through the amount of positive reviews that we receive on this and other review sites. Unfortunately on occasion we are not able to please all of our customers which will always disappoint us, this is unfortunately very frustrating especially when we try so hard.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to improve the hotel for future guests.

Kind Regards

David Chambers Operations Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2014

we stayed here for one night and had a great nights sleep,
the pool was small by fine for me, couldn't get a spa treatment because of it being busy,
but the express breakfast was filling and why pay more.

Room Tip: sea view are a must
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review. We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As the therapists in the spa are extremely popular, I would recommend pre-booking any treatments to avoid disappointment. The treatment menu can be viewed on our website, here you can also find the Spa and Romance packages. These packages include many benefits such as, chilled wine for you arrival, 2 hour fire and ice pass in an exclusive spa area and more, ensuring that your experience is made to be extra special.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, 10% discount from your food, treatments and more.