The Crown Spa Hotel
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
US$91
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
US$172
Bay House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Green Gables Hotel(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Palm Court Hotel(Scarborough)
Hotels.com
US$107
PremierInn.com
5,089 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomreception staffstreet parkingshort breaklovely roomtop floor
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the crown spa.hotel is great,rooms modern and clean. Comfortable beds and plenty of in room refreshments. The health spa that is included in the room rate is one of the best hotel gyms ive been to.
Only thing id ask is include hotel parking in price.
Staff did offer permit for on street parki g.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you had such a great time in the gym, I will pass on your kind comments to the team. We look forwards to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Matthew Lees.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel has decent sized rooms and good facilities including a gym and health suite as well as a modest sized swimming pool and large jacuzzi. The food is expensive and below the standard you would expect for this type of establishment. The continental breakfast had only one type of cheese and one meat option although there was a cooked option available. The standard fruit, cereals and yogurt were available and a rather limited supply of bread and croissants that had seen better days. You could upgrade to full English but if you were prepared to take a walk you could find far better at a fraction of the price outside the hotel. The evening meal was okay but nothing special and the staff were just a bit to eager to remove you plates from the table.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was delighted you enjoyed your visit, our stunning location really comes into its own in these Summer months. It was disappointing to read that you were not fully satisfied in the restaurant. I will pass on your comments, knowing that our team in the restaurant will take them on board. I was happy, however, to read that you loved our exempolary spa facilities and loved your room.

We all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards, Matthew Lees.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We wanted a couple of days away and chose this hotel from the reviews. The balcony sea view room was looking good at the first glance but there were issues which I brought to the attention of a staff member when checking out. I find it rather strange that someone in the room above started to walk the floorboards at 04.30 and as they creek like anything it woke us both up! No sachets of coffee, the quilt did not fit the bed and there was no stuffing in it. Lastly the bathroom, the wash basin water took ages to drain and the waterfall tap at the bath was loose, this has had work done before. Now, onto the restaurant, service very polite but very spasmodic, when you ask for a seared piece of fish you expect what you ask for, not here cooked all the way through, no one came to ask us about the meals so this was explained when they eventually came to clear the plates. This dish was knocked off the bill. For a 4 star hotel and recommended restaurant these comments are necessary so they understand what they need to improve on.

Room Tip: Probably a high one
2  Thank AndyScunthorpe

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do encourage all feedback both positive and constructive as we strive to push our standards ever higher.

I was very disappointed to read about your experience in our restaurant, unfortunately we have had an unusually high turnover of staff in this department and we have been working rapidly to bring them up to the standards our guests rightly expect. Whilst they have missed out on checking back on yourselves, something which is a requirement in our restaurant, I was happy that they were polite and well mannered. The service standards, we hope to have rectified in the coming weeks as we have a great track record of training our staff quickly and efficiently.

In regards of your room we have recently swapped to lighter duvets as the Summer season has finally arrived! We also provide two of each hot beverage on the hot drinks trays in every room. We do urge guests to bring issues like this to our attention as we would have been able to rectify these quickly. Our reception team try and call all of our arrivals to check everything is OK with their room so that we can actively resolve issues for guests as quickly as possible, my apologies that they were not able to catch yourselves on this occasion.

We have a great team of staff across the Hotel and together we work hard to satisfy all our guests, something I feel is reflected across these review sites. We all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards, Matthew Lees.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose this hotel for its elevated position and did not mind the steep walk down to the town We had a busy schedule so did not have time to use the spa facilities. Our room was at the back of the hotel it was nice and quiet. We had a lovely evening meal in the 'Taste' restaurant - the were friendly and polite

Room Tip: We used booking .com so did not expect the best room - but it was perfect for us - it caught the afternoon sun
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 187791Sue
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you had such a great time in the restaurant, I will pass on your kind comments to the Taste team. We look forwards to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Matthew Lees.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I truthfully cannot put into words how good this hotel is they should be very proud all the staff from the from the people who service the rooms to the people behind the reception the bar the evening meals the breakfast etc the whole state has been one of the most special moments I have ever had I cannot put into words how kind and how every member of staff is so polite and so helpful I think it is the most amazing hotel no wonder they are the only 4-star one in Scarborough and they should be immensely proud of this and I definitely will say I cannot put into words how good everything has been and it is immaculate in all parts of the hotel right from the lifts downwards and my room is a deluxe room sea view and I have never had a room like it it is so amazing I cannot put into words and this has helped me immensely coz I've been quite poorly before I came here but it has been the most fantastic stay and when I leave on Friday I will be very sad but I will be going home and much happier person and i24 they cannot say enough and there's nothing too much trouble for not one member of the staff at all and they should be immensely proud of everything they do to keep this hotel as good as they do it is always being said it is being good but I am telling you from the last time I visited it has got better and I think everybody from the manager downwards must be immensely proud to work here and as I come from South Yorkshire I've had to travel a little but it was worth every moment of the extra time I've had to put in to be here and nothing has been too much trouble for not one member of the staff at all and I cannot tell you once again how special it is to get so much beautiful food I cannot put into words there isn't words to describe how good everything has been and I'll polite and amazing everyone member of staff in this hotel has been and helpful as ever few issues with my mobility but nothing serious but it's still a problem at times but I cannot tell you and I keep reiterating this I need you to know it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and I definitely will be back I would prefer to come here then to go on foreign holidays it has been so marvelous and made me feel so much better I'm going home and new person because I've had also I have got depression and it has lifted my mood to a different level and it's so lovely that they will get you a taxi to wherever you'd like to go and it is out of this world and I cannot put into words how picked up I feel I will never forget this break and I will be going home 1 million percent better than I came and one last thing I would like to say I will say to all my friends if you get time to have a break no matter how long or how short you must try the crown hotel Scarborough because I have been in a few hotels in Scarborough but I won't mention any names but they have not been up to standard and I can tell you I know a good hotel and I cannot put into words there isn't words to describe the food especially the creme brulee with the pistachio nuts in as I've been here since last Friday and I'm leaving again on Friday I have had it most nights as a pudding because it is so amazing and the chefs must be immensely proud of making all the customers and get our guest in the hotel satisfied because the food is just second to none and there just isn't words I cannot i told fully cannot put into words how good this hotel is there should be very proud all the staff from the from the people who service rooms to the people behind the reception the bar the evening meals the breakfast excetra the whole stay as been one of the most special moments i have ever had a cannot put into words how kind and owl every member of staff is so polite and so helpful i think it is the most amazing hotel now wonder there be only pollstar wanting scarborough and they should be a menace the proud of this and i definitely will say i cannot put into words how good everything has been and it is immaculate in all parts of the hotel right from the lips downwards and my room is a deluxe room seaview and i have never had a room like it it is so amazing i cannot put into words and this is help me and men's because i've been quite poorly before i came here but it has been the most fantastic stay and when i leave on friday i will be very sad but i will be going home and much happier person and i to fully cannot say enough and this nothing to much trouble for not one member of the stuff at all and those should be immensely crowd of everything they do to keep this hotel has good as they do it is always being said it is being good but i am telling you from the last time i visited it was got better and i think everybody from the manager downwards must be immensely proud to work here and as i come from towels yorkshire i had to travel a little bit was worth every moment of the extra time about to put in to be here and nothing has been to much will for not one member of the staff at all and i cannot tell you once again how special it is to get so much beautiful for died cannot put into words there isn't words describe how good everything has been and owl polite and amazing everyone member of staff in this hotel has been and helpful as ever fuel issues with my mobility but nothing serious but it still a problem at times but i cannot tell you and i keep reiterate in this i need you to know it is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in and i definitely will be back i will prefer to come here then to go on foreign holidays it has been so marvelous and maybe feel so much better i'm going home a new person because i've had also i have got depression and it has lifted my mood to a different

2  Thank twibell56

Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic review. I was delighted to read what a help our staff had been throughout your stay and that you have had such a great time. Thank you from everyone in the Hotel and we will all look forwards to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Matthew Lees.