“Need Close This Place Crap !”
Review of The Welcome Inn

The Welcome Inn
Ranked #63 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Welcome Inne is a fully licensed restaurant with an extensive English cuisine menu. We are located on the popular Sandside on Scarborough's seafront, opposite the harbor. The restaurant is a 250 cover restaurant set over 2 floors. The down stairs is the larger of the 2 floors with some window seating, the upstairs restaurant also has some seating with a beautiful sea view across the harbor. We offer a full waitress service to our customers.
“Need Close This Place Crap !”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Order panini but it awful ! Cafe late made with boiled milk ! One friend then drink it found "milk film" on top his late , hi run out side and star puke on the road !

4 Thank Андрей А

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Brilliant grilled fish and awesome chips.Best salad made by the owner herself.Fantastic apple crumble and the most awesome coffee .Staff were excellent.

Visited May 2014
“Disgusted”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Welcome Inn, doesn't welcome in vegetarians!

The only vegetarian options are a potato or vegetarian lasagne. The lasagne, vegetarian meal is is advertised with chips however, I asked if the chips are suitable for vegetarians, the answer was no because they're cooked in beef fat. That's false advertisement which is very misleading. My daughter is a vegetarian and chose the lasagne without chips, it was awful, my daughter couldn't eat it, flavourless and mushy. It was very pricey and very disappointing.

For dessert she wanted the chocolate fudge cake and ice cream. I asked again if this is suitable for vegetarians as many cakes and especially ice creams are not. The waitress seemed confused, she had no idea and wasn't willing to find out. She was not polite about it at all.

I ordered a toffee sundae for myself but received a bit of ice cream topped with squirty cream.

I'm disgusted by the quality of the food especially for the price and the service was horrible, it's unfair they don't properly acknowledge that vegetarians need options too and it's shocking they don't know what's in their own food that they are serving to the public.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank SueGarnett
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Food nowhere near as good as previous. Dreadful service where items were forgot, only one portion of bread and butter brought for two people, charged £1.25 for a slice of cheese and although we ordered a children's chicken nuggets and chips meal which should have come with a drink we were charged for a non existant adults meal with a separate charge for the drink. When we challenged the bill, their attitude was argumentative and only when we said we would leave a poor review here did they offer to correct the bill which we refused. Would not come back again and would recommend you go to any other fish and chip shop where you will be charged correctly

4 Thank Steph_James10
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Slipping badly”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was most disappointed on my recent visit. Soggy chips and over cooked fish. I have been going there for years and couldn't understand why they have slipped so far down. I have recommended it to friends who have also enjoyed it in the past. Buck up! I will try again in a couple of months

• Visited April 2014