“Superb as ever”
Review of Amrock Guest House

Amrock Guest House
Ranked #62 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Once again, a pleasure to stay at the Amrock guest house with Nicola and Andrew. Very difficult to see how the room / house could be cleaner; it is immaculate!! Breakfast very generous as ever and accompanied by a friendly chat about the area. These guys are very good at what they do - my only hesitation in recommending them is that I'll be less likely to get a room there next time. Planning to return next week.

Room Tip: They're all fine. There is a single room available
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Lovely room, lovely bathroom which looked new and was very clean, lovely breakfast, owners very friendly and helpful. Found a parking spot just outside which was handy and was given a free permit for our stay. The only downside was we picked the weekend with the worst weather!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Despite being the worst weather weekend imaginable , it was only made tolerable by the guest house we stayed in, which was great and probably the best we have stayed in. Beds comfortable room and en suite modern and very clean breakfast very good and the proprietors could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited Scarborough for a short weekend break. We booked into the Amrock Guest house for just the one night.

Our room was lovely and clean and bright, with everything you need for the nights stay. Nice warm shower and fluffy towels.

Breakfast was good. I had eaten way too much food the day before so I opted for poached eggs on toast. Slightly dissapointed that I only got 1 egg and that the egg wasn't runny :( but I guess that is my preference. My boyfriend did enjoy his full english. The contenental selection was good, with a range of herbals teas which I enjoyed.

Overall we were very happy with the Amrock- generally great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Have to apologise to the proprietors. I said I would write a review but events led me to forget til now. My father was taken ill whilst on holiday in Scarborough in September and I needed a place to stay to visit him in hospital. I looked at the reviews and Amrock came out very well so I booked in. Great choice!

The outside is a bit garish (so difficult to miss!) but everything else was absolutely spot-on. My hosts were wonderfully friendly and showed genuine concern for my dad and me. They gave me advice on how to get to the hospital and said I could have the room for as long as necessary.

I had the single room which was spotlessly clean and well decorated. The ensuite was excellent, the bed beautifully comfortable and the room had all the amenities I could want. Breakfast was also really good. I think on a value for money basis this is one of the best places I have stayed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Ours was just a 2-night stay - we were warmly greeted, the proprietors are very friendly. Our room, was spotlessly clean, the bedroom compact but really cosy and the lovely shower room really spacious!
The breakfast was nicely cooked & presented. After the consumption of fish & chips, ice cream and sugary foods the previous day (which is the staple diet at the English seaside), we welcomed some fruit, ie grapefruit, orange or prunes for breakfast.
As we were leaving, room servicing and cleaning downstairs (bearing in mind it was already spotless) was in full swing, and I was quite sorry I wasn't returning for another night or two!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed one night. Hotel absolutely immaculate, room lovely everywhere seems freshly decorated. Bed very comfy, shower pretty good and spotless. Owners lovely and breakfast very nice. Would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple