“Cheap and cheerful”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Popular restaurant on the south cliff, the nearest thing you'll find to a Mexican restaurant in the area, large portions, beer by the bucket, great place for a group night out.

There are newer reviews for El Gringo's

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've been going to El Gringos for a few years now and it's always been good. Tonight was the first time I'd been this year and it was really good. The food was gorgeous. The portions were big the atmosphere was really good and the service was good even though the restuant was almost full.

1  Thank hungryman1984
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Group of friends visiting a friend in Scarborough.

We enjoyed the voodoo wings - only go for the suicidal wings if you really really can handle the heat!!! Order water before you start!!! The shared starter platter was good as well.

We all really enjoyed our main courses also - Huge plates so struggled to finish them after generous starters. The ribs were great. The menu is pretty big so hard to choose.

We finished with trying a couple of the different flavoured rums which I'd recommend also.

Only negative is your clothes do still smell of the food the next day! Nothing you can do about that but worth knowing I suppose.

2  Thank KatPieTraveller
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been a couple of times before but never on a student night so wanted to check the reviews of how they handled it. After seeing a couple of bad reviews I made sure both my boyfriend and I had our NUS cards and Scarborough Sixth Form cards with us. With these cards the waiter had no hassle and checked them before he even seated us to prevent any unnecessary mix ups with the pricing/discount. He was very helpful as were all the staff and the food as always was delicious. I got the beef enchilada and my boyfriend got the chicken burrito both were served on big plates with a side of rice,beans and salad. We had 1 drink each and all of this came to just £13.40! Highly recommend this place, not just on student night because it really is delicious.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a odd place to eat. It is not exactly Mexican food, more American really.

Usually full of students as they do student discounts, so expect that if you go. If there is a big group from work we go here, as the portions are good, and the food is generally good.

Steaks, chicken, ribs. All available, and quite well priced.

Service is always attentive.

Recommended for its value, portion sizes, MASSIVE menu and overall service. One thing though, it does get smoaky in there due to cooking being done.