“So much better than the old seaside B&B”

Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“So much better than the old seaside B&B”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Noticed this Premier when I have stayed over the road at the Palm Court with work so thought would give it a go - good call. I do use Premier often but this has a different feel than the norm. I think that this is partly because it is new and partly because of its location. Clean, good service with the usual pub/eatery attached so everything you would expect but somehow a little better. The pub was pretty standard,the staff tried hard but they only had the usual stuff to work with. It was ok but I think I will go for a walk out to find something else if I stay there again, which I probably will.

There is no hotel car park but there is some limited on street parking and a small car park over the road which is free from 6pm to 9 am I believe. I chose to park in the small Multi storey over the road (50 yards) as we arrived mid afternoon and didn't really want to be hassled with moving the car or feeding the meter the following mornin. £10 for 24 hors was in my opinion well worth it for the peace of mind.

The location at the south side of town is superb. Not too far from the train station, very close to the main shopping area and perched high up overlooking the South Bay and the harbour etc. I can imagine this being a popular choice for people visiting the town to see one of the many top gigs that seem to be happening later this year.

One warning would be that the pup just a few yards down the road is always busy and loud when I have stayed in the area on a weekend so if you get the choice I would opt for the third floor to escape any possible disturbance.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ntb146

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Brigg
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed 2 nights with our 5 & 7 year olds. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway, very friendly staff, quick check in, pub next door is great with a good choice of food.
We did have a small issue with a the room above, a child was continuously running/jumping/banging, late at night, very early in the morning, this isn't the hotels fault, the parents should have more consideration for other guests, as stated we had our own children with us and I wouldn't let them behave in this way. On advising reception next morning we were refunded for 1 night of our stay as per the "good night guarantee" all Premier Inns offer, the receptionist was very apologetic.
We did manage to book the room at £29.00 per night which is excellent value for money.
Have stayed before and will definitely stay again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisnrich
Yorkshire
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Our family were visiting Scarborough to see Grimethorpe Brass Band perform at the Spa. Managed to book online and secure advance room rate of £29. Excellent value for money. Breakfast is also good value. The Premier Inn is in a good location, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff and very helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We decided to revisit Scarbolrough only because it is over 20 years since our last visit and managed to secure a room at the Premier Inn for £29.00. What a bargain. The location was ideal for all activities with parking just across the road. The whole experience was just what we wanted it to be. The accommodation was goo0d and the staff were grea - very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything was OK. We took advantage of the meal deal at the adjoining restauirant - as you would expect there were limitations of choice, but found no problems there for the cost.
We would have no hesitation at returning to this Premier Inn and would thoroughly recommend it for a short visit to the East Coast of Yorkshire.
Had a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KittersBambo
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for ind night in January with a £19 room offer. This was very good value for money. On arrival the receptionist was very friendly. Our room was of a good size and clean. Only complaint about the room is that we was on a busy road and you could here everything through the windows, don't think they were sealed very well! Breakfast was good, as there was not many people for it they were taking orders for cooked breakfasts but all the continental stuff was out. Hotel is well situated for all what scarborough has to offer! Would definatly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Ayrshire
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn, Scarborough for one night on business. The hotel is centrally located only a short walk from the train station and next to the shops. I received a warm welcome on arrival and check-in was quick and efficient. My room was large, clean and comfortable with all the amenities I needed and I had a great night's sleep!

I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, there was a wide range of choices for both, food was good and service was quick and attentive.

The only downside is that there is only 30mins free wifi, however as I was only staying for one night this wasn't a big inconvenience.

At this price, I wouldn't necessarily expect such a high standard and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ayrshire_lass85
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and each time I have had no issues - wonderful staff who are willing to help in any way! Great value for money - you always know the standard you are going to get with Premier Inn and it is most appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends