“weekend stay”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Cramlington, United Kingdom
“weekend stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Could not fault the premier inn the staff were very helpful and dealt with all inquiries and problems. Only downside no onsite parking but still had a brilliant stay rooms were lovely and spacious and very clean bedding and towels changed. Although the hotel is on quite a busy road there was very little noise in the evenings. Did not think much of the food from the adjoining pub/restaurant it was very basic pub food also tables were always wet or hadn't been cleared away staff were helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in June whilst on a short business trip.

I have stayed in other premier inns and this is almost identical.

Rooms are bright, clean and efficient for what's needed. Tea/coffee facilities,tv,hair dryer, iron and board (on request). The hotel has a bar and restaurant in it which was great. The staff were polite and professional.

The location is fantastic. Car park across the road which isn't too expensive. Bars and food within easy walk and straight above the sea and sand, which obviously needs a walk to.

Overall I consider these hotels great, and will always aim to stay in them. The best hotel I've stayed in in Scarborough, and I've stayed in a few!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lowe2785
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great premier inn staff were exceptional would recommend to anyone my husband is a fulltime wheelchair user and we found the room meet his needs very well we would definatley stay in this premier inn again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my family stayed for one night while enjoying the summer sun of Scarborough. I have never stayed in a Premier Inn but my partner has so I was expecting it to be good. I thought the service was great. We were welcomed by the receptionist when we arrived and she explained all of the facilities to us. We got a table straight away for dinner and enjoyed a great value meal. Our room was clean and tidy - maybe a little large for the 3 of us. Breakfast in the morning was great. There was a great selection and we were all stuffed - -even our 3 year old who is usually fussy. Overall we had a really good stay here would definatley stay again.

1 Thank Sam R
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a weekend away for my son's birthday. We stay at the Premier Inn multiple times a year and will continue to do so. My problem is this.
We booked in Friday (it's now Sunday, we've been home a couple of hours now ) and on our first night I got woken up at 1.26am with the people upstairs banging about. Slamming doors, talking loudly, what sounded like jumping from floor to bed etc..... I mentioned it to the lovely Breakfast Manger who told me to tell front desk but no one was there. So we go about our day. Get back, shower and get to bed. 1.04am same thing except this time I heard EVERYTHING if you know what I mean? Including the multiple trips to the loo. Needless to say I'm exhausted. Never in my years of staying at a Premier Inn have I ever had an issue with noise like that before. My boys were given multiple frights in their sleep because these inconsiderate yobs couldn't respect the other holiday makers. So after breakfast I go to the lady at front desk and this is the exact conversation.
'Hi I'm Mrs Black from room 119 I've now gone two nights with terrible sleep because the people above me were being almost offensively loud in the middle of the night can you ask them to next time have so more consideration for the other guests'. The Eastern European desk clerk said (and I'm not pointing her out for racial reasons I myself am from New Zealand I'm merely making sure readers know which one it is I'm talking about) ' I wouldn't worry about it, they are a family like you' I said Yes but not at 1.26am and 1.04am' she said very arrogantly 'But aren't you checking out today?'. I said 'Yes but I....' she jumps in with a very discourteous 'what do you want me to do about it? I said 'nevermind theres no point'. She said 'no im asking what do you want to do about it? Do you want our Night Time Guarantee Money Back offer?' I said as I walked away 'theres no point talking, I just feel I have a right for other parents to control their kids at 1am like I do mine and this won't reflect well in my review'. Considering when we checked in we were told our room was ready when it wasn't and we sat on the floor after a long drive up so they could make the beds, put in linen, clean glasses. The cleaners turned up giggling like it was funny.etc....and didn't complain even though we could of. And on the walk out one of the walls was smeared with blood. We love The Premier Inn. We've never bern let down by The Premier Inn until today with that ladies attitude. So because we also have children we're supposed to be okay with noise at 1am even though they have signs plastered around the hotel with a Quiet Time reminder? I'm upset that she didn't care enough to want to tell this family their level of noise was unacceptable and that her attitude was one of 'Don't bother me with this nonsense'. She gave us a refund but I didn't want a refund. I wanted to know I was in good hands and she would look after me. I didn't want a refund because it belittles the hard work of those who kept the lovely rooms tidy, and from the welcoming and lovely Breakfast/ Restaurant staff who took care of us and from the other Front Desk Clerks who were so kind and lovely to us. That one lady who sat in her Track pants at the front desk was that one drop of water that put a dampener on the whole weekend for our sons 4th birthday. That one ladies attitude cost the Hotel and I'd yet to give The Premier Inn less than 5 stars. I do want to stay again because Scarborough is incredible. But I'm slighlty nervous to go back now. I'm genuinely heart broken. It's not the Hotels fault or the other staff members fault that one staff members attitude has let me down. We're loyal to The Premier Inn, we'd never go anywhere else but my sons birthday was marred by the fact Mum was exhausted because adults can't control their children at 1am two nights in a row.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Debbie B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Staff were welcoming and very helpful, room was large, clean and well supplied, in an ideal position for all amenities and parking. The adjoining Brewers Fayre was large, prepaid breakfast was extensive and good.
In our room the shower was over the bath, a non slip mat would have made it safer.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent staff, made you feel welcome and very helpful throughout our short stay. Would certainly stay again at this hotel. Room was very spacious. Location very near the town centre. Only 100 yards to main shopping area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple