“Historical Heaven”

Master en-suite bathroom
Living area
Bedrrom
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fairypole
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Historical Heaven”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

What can I say?! When can I move in?! Some friends rented this property for a week, a couple of families and invited us to join them for a couple of days and I'm so grateful I did. I wasn't sure they'd have room for us but with 5 bedrooms and bathrooms and lots of communal space I had no need to worry.
My daughter and I travelled by train, the Chalet is a short walk from the station and has easy access to the beach and town. On arrival we were greeted by the most amazing views from the balcony, just heaven!
We hit lucky with the weather which made the experience perfect imagine my pleasure when waking up to glorious sunshine and being able to sit it the window seat and look across the bay and out to sea. I was sorry a previous reviewer felt the place wasn't to standard, I'm not sure what they by a building of this age, but I was constantly charmed by the many details I came across, the furniture is a mix of new and old which I love, I'm passionate about preserving history and feel this place has been restored beautifully and sympathetically, it's been modernised but keeps many original features that left me desperate to discover more about its previous history and owners. The room I had was stunning with a lovely free standing bath and pull chain loo which brought back found memories of my Nanna's house. Jessica Bearpark was a lucky lady to live out her years living here and opening her windows to such beauty everyday, my only complaint was I wasn't able to stay with them longer! I hope to return one day and that others see the beauty in a building I've fallen in love with.

9 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully glowing review of your stay in Spa Chalet. We agree that the Spa certainly is a beautiful property with a very interesting past and we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience of staying there. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future! Best wishes, Paul & Pippa
John R
Louth
“You are paying for view”
Reviewed 8 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Have just had a weeks stay from 31March 2017 the property view is to die for the fixtures and fittings and so called refurbishment are along while ago broken window which was wedged open in kitchen all of stay window sill over sink dead wasps used t bag and dirty blinds that have never been cleaned by looks of them furniture worn and not overly clean oven filthy but the view was great overpriced in this condition I accept owners want to sell the property but the points raised are no excuse If properly upgraded i would go back

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 May 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay in Spa Chalet. We are deeply sorry that you felt that the home was not up to a good standard and we really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention; which we are of course in the process of investigating with the housekeeper. We hope that this didn’t spoil your holiday and again we can only apologise that the home did not meet your expectations, but rest assured that we will do our utmost to rectify the problems you encountered. Best wishes, Pippa & Paul
ahappygue...
Washington, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed by all”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed at the Spa Chalet with family including three children. The chalet was fully equipped with anything you could need and was clean and comfortable. We were lucky enough to enjoy good weather so being so close to the beach was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Nov 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay in Spa Chalet and we are really pleased that you had a nice time. We hope to see you again in the future!
Best wishes,
Pippa & Paul
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views
Liked least: The mattress in the best room sags a little
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Oct 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about our chalet in Scarborough and we are pleased that you had another great stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
Best wishes, Paul & Pippa
lov3bunny
“Fantastic sea views”
Reviewed 6 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Lovely building with all mod-cons but still maintains its vintage charm! Perfectly sizes bedrooms and almost all have ensuites. Amazing sea views from the balcony. We couldn't fault it!

7 Sep 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about our chalet in Scarborough. We are pleased that you had a nice stay and we hope to see you again in the future! Best wishes, Pippa & Paul
Musesue
York, United Kingdom
“Beautifully different rental property”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I celebrated my birthday with friends at the Spa Chalet. What a beautiful place to stay, the house has been tastefully refurbished inkeeping with its Victorian heritage, but with every mod con you would ever need. The dining kitchen is lovely and perfect for a get together. The balcony has stunning views over Scarborough bay. We were lucky enough to be there on the armed forces weekend and had a perfect view of the air show over the beach with the Vulcan bomber and Wing Walkers display. I had a local catering company to supply my party food, Sarah Courtney from Vintage Caterers, I would highly recommend it, the food was delicious and the service was perfect. I would definately book this property again.

Travelling group: Friends
9 Jul 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your birthday stay in Spa Chalet. It sounds like you all had a lovely weekend, especially with the air show! We are really pleased that you liked the chalet and that you received good service from one of the local business's; I'm sure they will be happy that you have recommended them. We hope to see you again in the future!
Best wishes, Paul & Pippa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Travelling group: Extended Family
16 Jun 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about our chalet in Scarborough. Call me bias... (haha) but I agree that it is truly an amazing chalet and we are really pleased that you had a enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
With thanks and best wishes, Paul & Pippa
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing