“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night in the Executive Suite, the room size was good but would say that it was more of a double sized room. The room and hotel were immaculately clean. There was a notice at reception saying that all corridors were to refurbished week commencing 4th November 2014. We decided to dine in the restaurant and the food was simply delicious, Breakfast did not disappoint it too was delicious. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
We will definatley stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmmaB23_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last month to take advantage of sunday steak night! The staff are a pleasure to deal with especially david who is very polished indeed. The full package-location, ambience, staff and not least the top quality restaurant! The food is simply delicious and well presented! Well done.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smudje
Dorset, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and family as part of my brothers birthday celebrations. I was looking forward to it as we had our wedding reception here in 2001 and have great memories of the hotel.
Unfortunately the experience this time left me cold. Lights out and not replaced after two days of asking, window in the bathroom that did not close, poor service when asking for more pillows (pretty much thrown at me with separate pillow cases and told to put them on myself).
On top of this we ordered food in advance and when it arrived it was not what we ordered and my replacement meal which arrived ten minutes later was not cooked. Raw cod not being a favourite of mine!
Nice features in the hotel and some nice staff do not make up for what seems to be a tired hotel unfortunately.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
PCH-Scarborough, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear "HappyCamperBucks,"

Thank you for your comments and feedback concerning your stay with us here 3 months ago at the Palm Court Hotel. Firstly I must apologise that the Hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay.

All feedback from guests are used to further improve the Hotels operation, offerings, standards and service to make future provisions better. However on this occasion we did not deliver for you. I have checked all lines of communication, incident logs and maintanence records to see if anything could have been done. It does become very difficult to rectify any possible issues 3 months after a guest has stayed and it is hard to find the relevant information, when all staff here would be more than happy to assist in making an experience here one to remember for the right reasons.

I thank you for your review and if you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate in contacting me or email ; generalmanager@palmcourt-scarborough.co.uk.

kendal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with husband in' small double' room for £160 b&b. However room size was adequate. Room was immaculately clean. Corridors do need work but there were notices saying they will be refurbished next month. Breakfast was superb. Only minor let down was pool area which we didn't use as it is my opinion from looking through the window to the pool that it looked a little run down and certainly wasn't inviting. Other than this the hotel was truly excellent. Service was second to none and all staff wee friendly and obliging. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PCH-Scarborough, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Ekykkc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments concerning your stay with us here recently. I am pleased that the breakfast, cleanliness of rooms and service of staff exceeded your expectations. The Hotel is soon about to embark on a substantial refurbishment of all corridors and stairwell areas.

We do hope to see you once again in the future .

Campsall, Doncaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

A very good hotel in a North Yorkshire seaside resort. The rooms are very comfortable en suite rooms on four floors. There is a small lift to overcome the stair problems for disabled guests although there are steps to negotiate to the lounge or restaurant. The food is excellent and the hotel staff are attentive.

Room Tip: Be prepared to ask for a superior room with a sitting area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Brian M,

As you are a "Senior reviewer" in this forum, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of the Palm Court here in Scarborough . Your kind words will be relayed onto staff who you have stated as being attentive.

We do have the provision of portable ramps which all staff would be only to willing to help meet any disabled guests requirements. I do hope this in itself would not deter you from returning to stay with us .

Lincs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Glaisdale Suite on a DB&B basis as it was our wedding anniversary. The room was lovely and spacious. Unfortunately I was not feeling to well upon arrival. All the staff were lovely and really accommodating. I asked the restaurant manager if they could tweek one of my main courses one evening as I didn't want a huge amount to eat due to not feeling too great, this was not a problem to him at all which was nice. The receptionist even asked if I was feeling better which I thought was nice also and that you are not just a number unlike other hotels. Dave the barman was great as always. I think some of the new staff members have "boosted the atmosphere" at the Palm Court which I think it possibly needed. I noticed there was a party one afternoon having Afternoon Tea which looked fantastic and I think I will try sometime in the near future!. Will be returning to the PC soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ErnieCOne
Dear ErnieCone,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments in relation to staying with us here recently. I am firstly pleased that staff went out of their way to assist any dietary requirements that you had. I will pass your comments onto our new Restaurant Manager Sean who is new to the company and also Dave who is our longest standing member for over 30 years.

Sean's enthusiasm will indeed be harnessed into improving service, standards in continuing to exceed guest expectations which fundamentally as a family owned business we are delighted that guests do notice those extra special touches.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel once more if only to try our ever popular Afternoon Tea

kind regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Palm Court for 2 nights in the Glaisdale Suite. On arrival the check in was smooth and we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. Our room was beautiful, with plenty of space and complimentary dressing gowns, slippers etc. Our young daughter was to sleep on the sofa bed, which was very comfortable. The only negative was there was a large stain on the ceiling in the lounge area which a lick of paint would have covered up and made look much better, and the room is directly above the dining room so from 7am you can hear the music being played to diners and again late into the evenings. After unpacking we went for a swim, I must say this was the only part of the hotel that wasn't 5 star, and the only reason I haven't given a full 5 stars. The pool area is rather unwelcoming, with a corregated tin roof, slippy sides and the odd snail dotted here and there. The pool was chilly and I really didn't enjoy my swim at all.
After swimming, we enjoyed a drink in the fantastic lounge area, it was beautiful and the afternoon tea looked devine. The following morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast with plenty of choice. The restaraunt manager (who had only been there a few days) was outstanding, and did a fantastic job. He was so professional, courteous and friendly, definitely a credit to the hotel.
The pianist in the afternoons was a definite bonus and very enjoyable.
On the second evening we dined in the restaraunt, it was absolutely outstanding. The food was amazing, and the service (again down to the new manager) was some of the best we had experienced. There was a childrens menu, which was welcomed and we were able to mix the food choices with the main menu.
We had very pleasant couple of days at the hotel and would definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family