“Nice hotel, well located”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Enjoyed our brief stay. Staff were very attentive. Room was ok but a bit too warm, being at the back the view was pretty grim. Breakfast was good.
One of my pet hates, however, and this happened at check-in, the phone rang and the receptionist stopped dealing with me to answer it. Why? I find that quite rude.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric N

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Honestly what can I say, I was booked into this establishment for 5 nights My room had a noisy radiator, I complained 5 times, in the first 48 hrs here I had experienced only 5 hrs sleep, I even threatened to sleep in the lounge , sleep deprivation is awful ! As a vegetarian, breakfast was Half a button mushroom, half a tomatoe, and an egg , however they did cook the vegetarian sausages that were supplied by my wonderful colleagues ! lunch buffet ( work related) a spoon of coleslaw , evening dinner was classic, all on offer was goats cheese starter followed by mushroom pasta. The second evening I explained I could not " live" on this diet for 5 nights I was then given ONE mushroom and 3 baby new potatoes for my main meal. On day 3 it hit misery when the very miserable and down right rude blonde female head waitress bought me my ordered cheeseboard that I had ordered for my evening meal..Quote waitress " that's not a big dinner" Me " No it's not but you don't have a selection for vegetarians" .. Waitress " yep your right" as she walked away !!
The room Was finally changed when I said I would sleep in lounge ...the food and service in Restraunt is DIABOLICAL ..the cleaners and bar staff Excellent .. I was accommodated by my company hence I couldn't leave ... Would I return ? Never ever ever .. I would starve, and I will be reporting that this hotel does not provide vegetarian choice ...yes I ate out...

Room Tip: Look for other hotels within same area, there are choices ,!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank johnboymills
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Johnboymills,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us here at the Hotel . I must say I am somewhat taken aback on just how dissapointed you are with your experience here and firstly therefore apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

I do however feel a little disappointed from the headline of your review as I am confident that all staff will go that extra mile to exceed customer satisfaction throughout all departments as so many other reviews state. The Hotel does aim to provide sufficient and entising vegetarian choices ether stated on the menu or indeed encouraged to guests "off the menu" and the hotel does also cater for a wide range of dietary requirements, gluten free, celiac and diabetic guests not being least of these.

I would therefore really welcome the opportunity to discuss the matter directly with you either by contacting myself on 01723 368161 or email generalmanager@palmcourt-scarborough.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We eat here on a regular basis and quite often pop into the bar for a drink. The food, ambience, staff and service are always excellent. This hotel is so good we even got married here. There is no better place!!!

Room Tip: If there is a room issue then the Palm Court are very accommodating although ourselves have never ha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank douthwaite
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Sandra & Graham,

Thank you for your kind words in relation to your experiences here and wedding day held at the Palm Court. As regular guests of the Hotel I am pleased also that your wedding was certainly a day to remember. The colour scheme that you chose does also form part of our wedding portfolio for prospective wedding guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

kind regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just stayed for 2 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, We had such a lovely relaxing weekend. After Checking in we were given a permit for the free car park. The restaurant was nicely decorated and had a relaxing atmosphere with every table candle lit. The food was amazing. Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: Room 28 is a family room on the 2nd floor with a Double bed and a Single bed. Very nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsmac99
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear "mrsmac99,"

Thank you for submitting your comments concerning your stay here at the Palm Court. Your comments will be forwarded to all staff and we look forward to seeing you in the future .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the last few years, each time you are met with friendly helpful staff who always go the extra mile. the rooms are always clean and fresh with comfortable bedding. we have always dined in the restaurant and the food and service is well above the allotted 3 stars, would always recommend as its our first choice in Scarborough.

Room Tip: worth paying the extra for an executive suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wp175

Dear wp175,

Thank you for your review. As regulars to the Hotel it is always nice to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations time and time again and deliver consistency throughout the year. And without sounding biased I couldn't agree more with your headline.

Thank you once again. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for three nights,staff were friendly and helpful,we were asked on arrival if it was alright if we were upgraded we said yes(of course)a bit disappointed as paper was peeling and we couldn't get the shower to run hot,we mentioned this at reception and the lady had no hesitation in giving us a choice of two rooms.After that everyone kept asking if everything was alright and were we happy with our room.We have never met such a nice and friendly staff.P.S. They are really honest about the size of the rooms,which is VERY unusual.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janet c
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Having enjoyed a few nice lunches here before, I decided to bring my son and his fiancé for lunch after a shopping trip.
We were greeted by a very pleasant waitress who took our order. Coffees and cutlery arrived fairly soon. The table next to us ordered a few minutes before us and their food arrived quite quickly. Half an hour later, coffees finished, we began to wonder what had happened to our sandwiches. My son inquired and was told that the kitchen was very busy and that our food wouldn't be long. Soon after this another couple came in, placed their order and received their food. Was this some sort of a joke ? In all we sat and waited for an hour, still no food ! We got up to leave as my son had to get back to work. The waitress apologised and again said the kitchen was busy with orders, but apparently not with ours. We left feeling very disappointed and hungry !
Not likely to return !

Stayed: February 2014
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear SueeBRHB,

Thank you for your review concerning your experience here at the Palm Court. I do apologise that the Hotel did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. If you wish to contact myself directly then please do not hesitate in doing so on 01723 368161 or email generalmanager@palmcourt-scarborough.co.uk.

I look forward top hearing from you.