Palm Court Hotel
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
Cumberland Hotel(Scarborough)
Marine Residence(Scarborough)
View Hotel
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Pool
All reviewsglaisdale suitedining roomswimming poolfree car parkon arrivallovely hotellounge areatown centrehotel restaurantbreakfast servicecooked breakfastfamily roomevening mealkippersvisited scarboroughsome tlcgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What can I say apart from a big thank you to Adriana and Kevin for making our wedding day so special. Adriana the wedding co ordinator went out of her way to make sure that we had the room exactly how we wanted it and her attention to detail was second to none.
The food served at the wedding breakfast by the staff was amazing with everyone commenting on its presentation and taste and on how helpful the waiting staff were. Well done to all the management for having such an amazing staff team they are a credit to you we cannot praise them enough.
Finally, as part of the wedding package we stayed the night, the room was beautifully clean and the bathroom was immaculate. When we went down to breakfast the following morning we were greeted with warm friendly smiles and the food was amazing and to the same hight standard as the day before.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Stephanie J,

Thank you for your recent review concerning your Wedding celebration here in July. The management team, and all other staff, departments will be delighted with your comments.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We spent four days in this hotel in July and had an enjoyable time.
We found it to be a very good hotel but it has the potential to be an excellent hotel if attention can be paid to the aspects I'll mention below.

First, the positive aspects:

- the room was ready early

- the staff are very friendly and helpful

- the hotel is in an excellent position and has a carpark for those who need it

- our bedroom was big, clean and well-maintained by helpful staff

- the lounge/bar/restaurant areas are really lovely

- the restaurant food is nicely presented and of very good quality (*)

- breakfast was fine and had the usual options for a hotel of this kind/price.

We found the following negative aspects:

- one of our reasons for choosing this hotel was the swimming pool but the water was really too
cold to enjoy a swim (other people made the same comment to us in the pool) and so I told
reception about it. We decided to try it again a few days later but nothing had changed. The
pool surroundings and lack of furnishing aren't inviting and give the impression of
something that has seen better days (paint/plaster dropping off the walls as I sat there) and
may well be on the way out. It isn't in line with the high standards elsewhere in the hotel and
I know they are aware of this. It was a pity though.

(*) The food in the restaurant was very good but there are some issues that need
addressing, chiefly:

- if you book half-board, the menu can get boring as it's the same every night

- idem, some of the options require a supplement to be paid (not fair on an already limited
and repetitive menu)

- I understand the review that said there were no vegetables - the vegetables on the plate
were more of a garnish than anything else and we were surprised when no separate dish
of vegetables arrived! We didn't actually go hungry (two ladies and a teenager) but I couldn't
help thinking that the portions would be too small for a grown man and my teenager certainly
agreed.

I want to make it clear that our general experience was very good indeed and that we enjoyed
our stay but feel that attention to the above can turn this hotel into an excellent one in all respects. We would certainly stay there again but, with the present situation, not on the half-board option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank clarajane2

Dear Clarajane2,

Thank you for your considered review surrounding your stay with us here . Firstly thank you for your positive comments concerning your overall experience here. In relation to the pool the water temperature is at a constant 28 degrees with the air temperature one degree higher and having checked the daily log there were no deviations in the overall temperature. I will discuss the matter with our maintenance man to see if any remedies can be made. For this I apologise.

Concerning your menu I will discuss your points with Chef as our menu changes monthly in line with seasons and quality produce available locally. For some dishes there is a supplement incurred due to the top cuts of meat used to heighten the overall menu itself. With your points in mind we will carry them forward for our forthcoming menus.

Thank you for your comments and I ensure that we will continue to improve all aspects of our menus and facilities for when you next visit us here in scarborough.

kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

What can I say, after a near disaster with our previous
hotel, the Palm court came to our rescue. Excellent accommodation and food. Warm friendly staff. Dare I say it, I can't fault them.
Well done to all the management and staff. You're a credit and a shinning example to the hotel trade.
Congratulations ! !
And thank you!

Stayed: August 2014
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words in relation to your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our suite and your experience overall. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been to Scarborough on many occasions but have never stayed in the Palm Court before. We had a lovely stay there and the staff were really obliging. Breakfasts were great - all freshly cooked how you like it. I had the porridge one morning and it was delicious - there was plenty choice of other breakfast foods too. There is a complimentary indoor car park for the hotel so your car is protected from the many seagulls which are 'cawing' and flying around. Our room was very spacious and had a modern bathroom. There is also a lift to the 4 floors. There is a small swimming pool in the basement which looks very pleasant.

Room Tip: All looked OK
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HHC
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a lovely hotel !! booked purely because i knew i could park the car easy! but so enjoyed our day and night there ! lovely staff efficient and caring . I stayed with my 11 year old daughter to attend a concert she was made so welcome. Our room was spotless and comfy although i would rather it had air conditioning it was hot but a fan was in our room and helped. We had lunch on arrival and our breakfast was excellent. As a chef myself and have my own business i would highly recommend this hotel so close to all amenities etc . I am planning another trip with my husband so see you soon PALM COURT HOTEL

Room Tip: We had a standard double which was spotless and comfy but rather hot and humid and at the back so no view it was ok but when i return will ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family