All reviews glaisdale suite dining room swimming pool free car park on arrival lounge area lovely hotel town centre hotel restaurant central location family room cooked breakfast evening meal weekend stay some tlc good nights sleep the cliff
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

stayed here for one night as could not find anywhere else because it was bank holiday we had a family room 2 adults 2 small children room was very clean no issues there and very spacious shame the ceiling had a damage in the corner due to a previous leak and at £205 a night you dont expect to see rooms like this or am i being to fussy but overall a nice stay

5  Thank washem21
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I often pop into the Palm Court for a glass of wine whenever we are in Scarborough. On this occasion it coincided with a late lunch being required. After looking at the bar menu I decided on the Croque Monsieur (described as a toasted ham and cheese sandwich finished with a sprinkling of Parmesan. My husband opted for the cheese and chutney sandwich. On arrival of the food I only had to look at the bread on the croque monsieur which was black and obviously burnt. I immediately asked the waitress to replace it. Her response was that she had just served the same dish to another guest, which looked just the same and had received no complaint!!! However she took it back to the kitchen and it was duly replaced.
The croque Monsieur is a toasted sandwich and is described as such on the menu. After taking a first bite of the second attempt it was apparent that the bread had been fried. ( I never eat fried bread and it made me feel quite nauseous).
On closer inspection the bread was absolutely oozing oil. There were a few fatty pieces of ham inside the fried bread, no evidence of cheese and not a sight of a sprinkling of Parmesan. I called the bar manager over and to his credit he agreed with my complaint and did take the price of my food from the bill.
We have always enjoyed our visits to the Palm Court Hotel and will continue to pop in for a glass of wine when we are in the area. The public areas are beautifully decorated and a very pleasant place to sit and relax for half an hour. However after this experience we will probably give the food a miss.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank sparkler5858
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. On this occasion we did get it wrong and it was myself personally who took away the Croque Monsieur. Chef has been informed and I can assure you that this has now been addressed .

As regular visitors I do hope you try our menu once more in the future .

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Fantastic stay. Staff well organised. Considering most waiting staff had a average age of 18, they were really efficient and it showed they enjoyed there roles! Lovely room. Very clean. Gin selection in bar most enjoyable. Can't wait until our next stay!

4  Thank Jo G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review . I'm sure all staff will be delighted in your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the gin selection also

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Had dinner there as non residents - what an oasis of calm and great service. Proper linens, candles on the tables, with bread, butter,olives and balsamic and oil. Just lovely.
We had our 10 year old grandson with us, and the young waitress made a fuss of him, which was lovely. The lamb was very tender, and my veggie husband appreciated the cauliflower curry dish as it’s so difficult to find decent vegetarian food in Scarborough unless in a curry house. The wine list is good, and not too expensive. In all the years I have been visiting Scarborough I have never been inside this hotel, but I will in future. Will look to stay here soon.
Thanks to all at Palm Court restaurant.

1  Thank Pauline P

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback in relation to your experience within the Hotel restaurant . All guests are welcome to dine within our restaurant or lounge. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hotel in the future .

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the rooms overpriced but acceptable.

However the management response to our complaint has been lamentable. They have failed to contact us to discuss our complaint, totally ignoring our complaint. It is not our job to supervise his staff to ensure they are doing their job.

There was a door banging from 4am after staff left the corridor door unlocked and the windows in a conference room open, the wind got up and the night porter had obviously not carried out his patrols or he would have seen or heard the banging door which kept us awake.

It was a shame as everything else was good.

Peter J Parker