“very helpful and great value”
Review of Miricia

Miricia
Ranked #35 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed for one night in room 4 ( double ensuite with sea view) it had the most fantastic view over the north bay. Joanne the owner was very helpful and extremely nice which made it feel like home from home the room was clean and tidy as was the ensuite. The breakfast was good with a good selection of cereals. All in all a great B&B we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book the double ensuite with sea view for the view alone.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and grandson visited The Miricia again for a weekend break (we have been numerous times over the last few years and would not consider going anywhere else). We noticed that Joanne and Richard the owners have been really busy by moderising and updating room no.1 and the single shower room at the top of the stairs. Looks brilliant. Their son Ryan is so cute and a credit to them. Thank you Joanne and Richard we will be coming back very soon

Room Tip: Room 1 is a family room and newly decorated with beautiful en suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Love eveything about the mericia the family that run it a loverly. Never go anywhere else in scarbrough, rooms are lovely clean and warm best view in scarbrough loverly view of the north beach. Short walk from scarbrough castle and 10 mins from south beach If u know the short cuts. 3rd trip to the mericia wish could have stayed a week but enjoyed the 2 days had there will be going back for years to come. Very strongly recomemened the mericia to any friend or person reading this review. We both miss little Ryan sitting at are table having toast and a chat with us while we was having a wonderful breakfast. Hope to see the family very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark c
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I would just like to say i can not understand some of the reviews on here about the Miricia.
My fiance and i found the Miricia on the internet last year.
We have stopped here three times in a year and have never had any complaints of any sort.
Our room is always spotless with a brilliant sea view,and has very good tea/coffee making facilities.
The lady of the house is always very friendly and sociable,and always happy to help us with directions and any information we might need.
Every time we have stayed here we have recieved a free parking permit for our car to park on the road outside the hotel.
The breakfast is always fresh and very enjoyable,the hotel is in a ideal spot for exploring the local area.
As for the rooms smelling of damp or being unclean we have never experienced any of the complaints listed on here.
Some of these reviews sound like a different hotel to the one we know and love.
My fiance and i would not stop at any other hotel now.So i would just like to say for anyone looking at booking a holiday at the Miricia do not let the odd bad review put you off,i can guarantee you will not be disapointed.
My fiance and I will be returning next year after our wedding in may.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thanks for your comments, its always a pleasure to see you both and good luck with the wedding, make sure you bring some photos on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Went to Miricia for a long weekend, must admit could have chosen a better weekend as it was cold and wet!! Nevertheless had a wonderful stay, Joanne and Richard was fantastically welcoming and the heater in the room soon thawed us out, infact I had to turn the heater down in the night as they do kick out plenty of heat. The Breakfast was huge and yummy, infact my daughter has said Richard can cook a better breakfast than me!! Plenty of drinks in the room and all top brands and the same with cereals in the morning all top brands....No expense spared. Looking forward to returning in the New Year, my daughter has said she is missing her "boyfriend" lol. Thanks for a Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you so much for your comments its always a pleasure to see we are giving our guests a good experience, see you both next year.

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to explain my 5 star rating on every point..

Me and my girlfriend decided to go to Scarborough for a long weekend, our little summer holiday! We just looked online and stumbled across Miricia and I'm so glad I did..

I've read a few reviews and I just can't seem to understand. First point, the lovely lady that greeted us was the most friendly, kind, warm and professional host we've had.. Honestly! We both said what a lovely lady she was all throughout our stay!

Our room was nice, small but certainly nothing to fault them on. The views was amazing, looking over the sea and hints of the beach. Perfect.

Breakfast every morning was lovely, tasty, good choice and again the hostess was bright, cheerful and I felt like by the end it was like living in her house.

I don't want to go into to much detail about the weekend itself as that's irrelevant to the review but we had a fantastic time and the hotel made it 100xs better!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NoakesRyan
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Thank you very much for your comments, its always wonderful to see that our guests are happy and that we have made a good impression. Yes it is very unfortunate that we don't please everyone, but we really do try. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks Joanne

Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

The room smelt of damp and after sleeping in there we can tell why. The heating was totally inadequate and the room was solo cold. My partner actually slept with her clothes on. The landlady checked us in and then was not seen until breakfast next morning. She seemed distracted and not at all friendly. We won't be going back here although the location is good for the town and the amusements.

• Stayed: November 2012
17  Thank Freddie C
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Sorry to hear you comments, but as you checked in at 7pm went straight to your room until you came down to go back to the pub at 9.30pm and wasn't seen until breakfast yourself, I don't see how this can be made a criticism on my part. The room has a heater and blankets in the wardrobe, had you put the heater on full and used the blankets you would have had a warm night, I noticed in the morning when I went into clean that the heater was off and the blankets not used. As for not being friendly I cannot understand how you could say that as I spent ages talking during breakfast and had you and my other guests laughing at my son as he played around you.