“NYMR Junior Volunteers”

North Bay Railway
Ranked #6 of 87 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the best Family Days Out in Scarborough. We are one of the most historic seaside miniature railway in the United Kingdom, offering a wide range of attractions including the NEW Sky Trail, Boating Lake, Historic Water Chute and Water Walking Balls. The Glass House Cafe serves excellent coffee, teas, soft drinks as well as light lunches afternoon teas. The Scampi Shack takeaway offer Whitby Seafood as well as drinks and takeaway tea and coffee. Yorkshire's smallest pub the Boatman's Tavern serves real ale and is located next to the boating lake. At our Peasholm Station we have a well stocked gift shop perfect for picking up gifts and memorabilia. We are 100% wheelchair and pushchair friendly. Dogs are welcome at the North Bay Railway but must be kept on a short lead.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been visiting the NorhBay Railway in Scarborough for 40 years and have always enjoyed my visits both as a child myself and recently with my children.Myself and my two children are volunteers on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and during this years JV week North Bay railway invited us all to an evening with them. After an introduction from the owner we were all treated to a ride on the train including a much prized photo on the turntable. Once back at the station we got an amazing Shed tour by Peter who has an amazing knowledge and was only to pleased to share it with us.We were all fed and watered by the team at North Bay and then given the run of the facilities (water splash, Zorbes and adventure climbing frame) The Junior volunteers were also given the opportunity to drive the train in the sidings as well (don't tell grandad as he will be very jealous). What a great evening.....thankyou...I have put my name down for next year already....

1  Thank cleckheckmondwyke

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My 4 year old Grandson had a whale of a time riding this train. Waving to all the people and grinning from ear to ear. Great time, he loved and (and so did his Grandpa!)

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Such a charming little attraction....well worth the money...the engines were beautiful and the staff were cheerful and seemed to be really proud of it all, and rightly so.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went on this with my mum / great views and good value for money will defo go back again great day out.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After visiting the NBR many times in my younger years, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip with the NYMR junior Volunteers for the evening on the 30th of July. A few hours of laughter, smiles and overall great fun, I got to see my brother drive the train he's been looking at for years and a unforgeable experience on a Pedalo. I'm grateful for the owner to have invited us because I found it really special and a opportunity I would love to do again.

1  Thank Lizzie G