“Should have gone to the Fish Pan.”
Review of Graveleys

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Graveleys
Ranked #292 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My partner and I visited yesterday, and tea for 2, plaice & chips and a fish pie (which I have had on a previous occasion). We were surprised to find that tea for two consisted of a scant 3 cupfuls between us, portion control at its meanest. We decided not to have peas with our meal, as £1.20 on top of the meal price seemed rather extortionate per portion. The food arrived after a relatively long wait, and the fish pie was barely edible. The fish looked as if it had been minced, there was no trace of prawns, the parsley sauce was only in evidence as green flecks amongst the 'fish' and the thin layer of mash on the top meant that the entire dish was extremely dry. My partners plaice & chips were acceptable. The waitress was apologetic when I pointed out the quality of the pie, and took it away, to return offering a free dessert which I declined. When paying the bill, we were not charged for our drinks which I was grateful for. To charge high prices must go hand-in-hand with providing a high-quality product.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I booked a table for seven adults for 5.30pm, we were on time and we finally received our meals at 6.10pm and completed our meal at 7.05pm which in my estimation is far to long, the service was very very poor, in fact two people walked in after we were seated and were served before us. I had to complain about the tea which was stewed and luke warm which was replaced. Four of us had the OPA'S, the fish was very small otherwise not too bad a meal, but I would not recommend it to anyone neither would I visit again. Overall a very disappointing meal especially as two people were visiting from America and I did want to impress them with our fish and chips

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stopped just outside Scarborough and had a great meal. The restaurant is comfortable, clean and spacious and the fish and chips were well cooked, good service. £8.45 for fish and chips, tea, bread and butter.