“Fish as it should be”

Cuisines: British
Description: Fish and chip restaurant
Description: Fish and chip restaurant
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Always try to make sure we have a fish from here. Cod or haddock is always good.
The fish last weekend was lovely.Crisp batter and succulent fish.Stood outside to eat them as sun was out.If the weathers bad,we eat inside in the cafe WITH OUR DOG.
Highly recommended for the food and being so dog friendly.Staff very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Rennards

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My second time to Rennard's in under a month. My first visit was on my own, and I popped in for a quick bite to eat en route to my digs from the station. It was fantastic. Possibly the best fish and chips I've ever had. Service a bit ad hoc, but that doesn't really matter in the context of a little café next door to a fish and chip shop. On the basis of my first visit I took my young family tonight. The fish wasn't quite as good (I suspect, that, being the weekend after Christmas, the fish had been frozen), but it was still better than most chippies I've been to. The owner coming out to give my girls a chocolate as we left was a very nice touch. We will return the next time we're in Scarborough.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had read some reviews of fish and chip restaurants in Scarborough and made a list! We came across this one as we wondered and as it was high on the list we went in. We were not disappointed. The staff were a delight and the fish and chips were good value for money. If you want a traditional chippie with friendly staff you can't do much better.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Was visiting Scarborugh returning a car for work & Rennards was recommended to me as been the best in Scarborough....it didn't disappoint.
Really nice chips, fish & mushy peas. Huge plate full in the lovely cafe.
If you're look for the best fish & chips in Scarborough, leave the seafront & head up into town to Rennards, its well worth the walk

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stumbled upon this chippy, but it's so good that we are asking ourselves, would having chippy chips two days running be wrong- seriously thinking we may have to return tomorrow. The best chips, no question.