“8/10”

Description: Fish and chip restaurant
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“8/10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

It's not often that you find a seaside Chip shop with the same quality of food that you get in towns and cities.

What I mean is, often seaside chips are big and chunky and you get about ten in a tray.

I ordered a large tray of chips and the tray was practically overloaded - just what I was looking for and the chips weren't chunky - just the right width.

The curry sauce was delicious too, and I'm very picky when it comes to that normally. It's handy that the two best Chippys in Scarborough are over the road from each other.

It's open quite late too, certainly a lot later than most of the other chip shops in Scarborough. A major plus for me as this let me watch the World Cup in one of the pubs before getting myself a fish supper.

Visited July 2014

Darlington, United Kingdom
“good chippy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate in the cafe of this chippy and enjoyed cod,chips,mushy peas,bread and butter plus a large mug of tea, all freshly cooked , a great little cafe in scarborough

• Visited June 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Batter and Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just dropped in with my partner one June Lunchtime, not certain that I was hungry, but it turned out that I was, and I was grateful that I was because we had a wonderful meal.

This is a small cafe-restaurant on a busy thoroughfare corner garbed in that odd mixture of vintage paintwork and stainless steel eqipment. The cafe part of the establishment is small - six tables I think, and it is comfortable and neatly decorated wlth wood effect half panelling to the walls. All very cleanable without seeming like a works canteen.

We chose the special advertised in the window: Haddock, chips, mushy peas, bread roll, pot of tea. £5.50

Service was friendly and fairly quick. The haddock was beautiful with just the right amount of crisp batter, the mushy peas were mushy pleasing, and the chips were fine if a little anaemic possibly due to the new potato season.

The pot of tea was excellent and we were given enough for two and a half cups each.

Obviously not a high end restaurant, but a sincere, no-nonsense cafe serving excellent traditional sea-side food at very fair prices.

Very much enjoyed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank imagnu
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nice little shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Old fashioned newspaper wrapping, the chips on the occasion I visited were quite greasy. However nothing too much to complain about except personal preferences. Overall it's a lovely little shop that's been around a long time, although it's not one I'd visit regularly as I already have a favourite in the area. Leeds Fisheries is the place I'd rather go.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience and great customer service.Will return again :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I visited this place with my daughter . The food was lovely. The fish they use is Haddock and the staff were very friendly.

I have been here before and even though there has been a change in ownership, the new boss is just as pleasant. Sukh went out of his way to make us feel at home. The staff have always been the same and know the customers well.

I will definatly be returning again in the summer and look forward to eating here again xx

• Visited May 2014