“You like fish then this is the place.”

Walkers Fish Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guisborough, England, United Kingdom
“You like fish then this is the place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This restaurant is about 55 miles from where I live but I've been here about 10 times now. The food is excellent probably the best fish and chips you will eat. The portions are massive. I foolishly asked for the large one. When it came it was as long as my plate with another fish stuck on its back. LOL. But I could not loose face and so I ate it all. My wife had tried to get me to order the medium which would have easily been enough.I thought I had better order a sweet to share and it was a good job I did, as it was of impressive proportion. Some people have said the service is a bit slow but if you read the menu it says all meals are cooked from scratch. It is definitely worth the wait. I would recommend this place to anybody. Price is reasonable as well.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This restaurant in my opinion is the best fish restaurant around the area. The place is immaculate, food is excellent, choice is brilliant and the staff are second to none for been polite, efficient and always smiling! I would defiantly recommended you give this place a try. Oh ..and the toilets are immaculate too so that's a bonus!!!

north yorkshire
“good food - shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Recently had a fairly enjoyable family meal here - although I would have preferred not to have spent the whole afternoon there. Everything was just a little bit too slow for my liking - and we were served by a waitress who looked like she would rather be anywhere else than waiting on us. Good sized portions and very tasty - and the desserts were wonderful. All in all a good meal but badly let down by the service - so we won't be returning.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Not the usual standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I visited at tea time. We have visited several times now, but were disappointed this time. My grilled plaice was good, but the chips were a bit soggy and the salad tired and limp. My wife had fish cakes and said all she could taste was potato. Hence our disappointment. We will go back and hope things are better next time.

• Visited November 2013
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“All about the fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Took my daughter for her birthday along with her grandparents.

Everyone was really impressed with the quality of the fish, super fresh and superbly cooked.

Probably the best battered fish I have eaten.

If you fancy fish and chips of exceptional quality, you could do a lot worse than here.

• Visited November 2013